Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-03-2019, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
2 games. Seems excessive to me if indeed he was protecting his goalie (never saw the game, only going off what I read on here)
https://youtu.be/PdR1AsNp-zM
Old 11-03-2019, 02:24 PM

Quote:
2 games. Seems excessive to me if indeed he was protecting his goalie (never saw the game, only going off what I read on here)
I have not seen confirmation of 2 games yet....
Old 11-03-2019, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinhits View Post
I have not seen confirmation of 2 games yet....
Yes 2 games. It’s in all the sports news.
Old 11-03-2019, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Yes 2 games. It’s in all the sports news.
Wonder if George made that decision? Funny yet sad
Old 11-03-2019, 02:30 PM

Wow 2 games for that? Guess it's time to strap pillows to everyone's gloves.
Every year league gets softer and softer, unless your using the stick. That's still a go, so Tkachuk start jabbing goalies hands, it's a green light as you will not have to pay a price. If someone does they will be suspended so giver.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Old 11-03-2019, 02:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Lucic got 2 games...

What on earth is this league coming to?
Perhaps the tall foreheads in the head offices wish to turn it 100% into a no code league? Very disappointed in the NHL right now. One of the things that make this sport special is the code. And the code is played out like this. Dig at the Goalie. Be prepared for someone to do something. Dont stand there like some schmuck waiting to get run over. Jesus, I hate this.

As much as I appreciate MT and what he brings to the Flames when did his style become the preferred way to get a "A" or actually in future years a "C" Is this even healthy for the league. a bunch of pests running around leading things?
I 100% believe there is room for pests on teams. I believe they can be valuable tools but should they have the letter? Please don't get me wrong. I love watching MT play. I love that he is on our team. What I do not like is the way the NHL has turned against everything that makes this sport special.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig-Rat View Post
Wow 2 games for that? Guess it's time to strap pillows to everyone's gloves.
Every year league gets softer and softer, unless your using the stick. That's still a go, so Tkachuk start jabbing goalies hands, it's a green light as you will not have to pay a price. If someone does they will be suspended so giver.

I couldn't agree more... This league is making me a bit sick.
Old 11-03-2019, 02:56 PM

So, Lucic gets two games for poking a kid in the mouth to teach him proper stick etiquette around goalies who have covered a puck...and yet when Helm boarded Kylington in a very dangerous and deliberate fashion, he gets off with a $5K fine that he has paid for 2 minutes after the puck drops the next game.

Stupid decision from Player Safety, I would have said the penalties should have been the other way around.

These sorts of decisions don't improve the game or make it any safer imo. What is worse is that sometimes the decisions and penalties imposed seem to vary by what jersey you wear as well. That is just a subjective observation on my part, and certainly not limited to Flames issues either.

Remember Crosby sticking a guy in the junk from behind while in the crease? No penalty, no review. There are several YouTube videos of stuff he has done and got away with, because he is Sid. Don't get me wrong, I like Sid and admire his otherworldly skill....but it shouldn't mean you get a pass for being a dick.

Just one example of many. Who you are and where you play seems to have a bearing on what player safety assesses. So shouldn't be that way, and doesn't improve the game or make it safer, he said again.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 11-03-2019, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Thank god i could tuen the volume down.... forgot calgary has whats her name doing the color. God she should get 2 games, or a season. Gross.
Old 11-03-2019, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
Thank god i could tuen the volume down.... forgot calgary has whats her name doing the color. God she should get 2 games, or a season. Gross.
Rumour is Calgary can’t get any real hockey commentators. Apparently they can’t make enough money with the short seasons.
Old 11-03-2019, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Rumour is Calgary can’t get any real hockey commentators. Apparently they can’t make enough money with the short seasons.
If only we had a guy like Drew Remenda, or Roger Millions, or Gene Principe...

At least play by play for Oilers games is easy, all you need to do is shout into the Mic over and over and over...'and he LETS IT GO!!!'

Jesus, I have come to hate that expression.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 11-03-2019, 03:33 PM

Quote:
“What’s her name” helped win two Olympic gold medals for our country. What’s your hockey resume look like?
Old 11-03-2019, 03:35 PM

About what I expected from the league head office. Pure trash. Lucic is punished for being an enforcer. But let’s still let players spear and slash. Only thing hurt on Sherwood is his pride for being man handled. Hundreds if not thousands of punches thrown after the whistle on plays like this and this one gets two games. If they want to deter the rough stuff after the whistle then do it by getting rid of the garbage that brings it on. OR let the tough guys do their thing. Extremely disappointed in the league. How many times have we seen a clean open ice hard hit and a player comes in fists a swinging to stand up for their teammate ? Drives me crazy but they have yet to serve out 2 game suspensions for those actions. Why different here. Just gave Sherwood and the rest of the league an open door on jabbing at the goalies. League should have let the code stand as a warning to players. Mess with goalie your gonna get looched.
Old 11-03-2019, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elk eater View Post
About what I expected from the league head office. Pure trash. Lucic is punished for being an enforcer. But let’s still let players spear and slash. Only thing hurt on Sherwood is his pride for being man handled. Hundreds if not thousands of punches thrown after the whistle on plays like this and this one gets two games. If they want to deter the rough stuff after the whistle then do it by getting rid of the garbage that brings it on. OR let the tough guys do their thing. Extremely disappointed in the league. How many times have we seen a clean open ice hard hit and a player comes in fists a swinging to stand up for their teammate ? Drives me crazy but they have yet to serve out 2 game suspensions for those actions. Why different here. Just gave Sherwood and the rest of the league an open door on jabbing at the goalies. League should have let the code stand as a warning to players. Mess with goalie your gonna get looched.
Agreed. Ironic part, look who the head of player safety is.
Old 11-03-2019, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
“What’s her name” helped win two Olympic gold medals for our country. What’s your hockey resume look like?
Had no idea she’s Albertan.
Old 11-03-2019, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Wonder if George made that decision? Funny yet sad
Agreed. How ironically sad that would be.
Old 11-03-2019, 04:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
So... How does that make her a good announcer? She is garbage, the absolute worst.. YUCK YUCK YUCK YUCK.
Just because she is a "she" doesn't mean crap. just because she can play at a high Midget hockey level doesn't mean shyt. Lots of others have had medals around their individual necks as well, I don't see each of them lined up to quack into a MIC.

Among the professional media types in this city, it is a running joke she is there. She is taking a job away from a qualified and entertaining person and all because why?? Sure isn't because she is good at her job. Surely SAIT has a first year drop out that could do what she does for less $$$?
Old 11-03-2019, 04:29 PM

He was lucky he shoulda got 3 for that.

If that was turtle and Lootch came in like that you guys would think 3 games was to easy.

LOL

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 11-03-2019, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
So... How does that make her a good announcer? She is garbage, the absolute worst.. YUCK YUCK YUCK YUCK.
Just because she is a "she" doesn't mean crap. just because she can play at a high Midget hockey level doesn't mean shyt. Lots of others have had medals around their individual necks as well, I don't see each of them lined up to quack into a MIC.

Among the professional media types in this city, it is a running joke she is there. She is taking a job away from a qualified and entertaining person and all because why?? Sure isn't because she is good at her job. Surely SAIT has a first year drop out that could do what she does for less $$$?

Well up here we get an idiot like Drew Remenda who never even played giving his “expertise”. LOL!!! Now that’s laughable...
Old 11-03-2019, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Should have ended there. Shes has a teriible voice for someone who gets paid by the word.
Old 11-03-2019, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Well up here we get an idiot like Drew Remenda who never even played giving his “expertise”. LOL!!! Now that’s laughable...
Touche. Guy is aweful too. I hate 98% of the color comentators. "The team with the most goals will likely win the game." No s#%t. Thanks captain obvious.
Old 11-03-2019, 05:08 PM
Banned

Cool photo Op with the Caps and the Nationals. Place is going crazy..
Old 11-03-2019, 05:12 PM

word on the street there is a potion going around Calgary to have her removed from commentating
Old 11-03-2019, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntsfurfish View Post
He was lucky he shoulda got 3 for that.

If that was turtle and Lootch came in like that you guys would think 3 games was to easy.

LOL
Kassian did come in like that on Chucky last year, 3rd man in, and I don't recall a single person crying for a Kassian suspension.

Want to try again?
Old 11-03-2019, 05:35 PM

Oh Brodie, why, in your mind, does it make sense to chase the guy in the corner with the puck and leave your man wide open in front?
Old 11-03-2019, 05:50 PM

Gotta love the last second goal to tie it. They seem to be puck watching a bit, but still hanging with the Caps. Could be worse....

Old 11-03-2019, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Touche. Guy is aweful too. I hate 98% of the color comentators. "The team with the most goals will likely win the game." No s#%t. Thanks captain obvious.
Agreed... Debrusk isn’t too bad though...
Old 11-03-2019, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
If only we had a guy like Drew Remenda, or Roger Millions, or Gene Principe...

At least play by play for Oilers games is easy, all you need to do is shout into the Mic over and over and over...'and he LETS IT GO!!!'

Jesus, I have come to hate that expression.
Plus they only have to remember 4-5 players names, as that's all that does anything.

Old 11-03-2019, 06:36 PM

Looks like Vrana wants to beat the Flames single handed tonight....damn.

Old 11-03-2019, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Looks like Vrana wants to beat the Flames single handed tonight....damn.
Vrana or Brodie?
Old 11-03-2019, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
Vrana or Brodie?
Fair point. I was hoping that Brodie wouldn't have another sketchy year like the last one.....So far he makes me cringe. If he isn't leaving his man alone, he is turning over the puck it seems.