Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-23-2019, 05:36 PM

Default Thief trying to cash in

Frigging disgusting POS.

Alberta man who fired warning shots at bandits is now being sued for damages by one of them

https://www.stratfordbeaconherald.co...7-fa92cdb66927

Thomas Sowell
Old 09-23-2019, 06:04 PM

Why is it not surprising that the thief found a lawyer who would take this frivolous and completely immoral case?

Both should be facing a firing squad.
Old 09-23-2019, 06:05 PM

There you have it!! crime really does pay. $100k. Alot more than he would have gotten from the vehicle..... im in the wrong business. Unfortunately im an honest hard working citizen, not POS like the so called "victim".
Old 09-23-2019, 06:06 PM

On the other hand, it that perp was given 10K he’d probably OD within a week.
Old 09-23-2019, 06:17 PM

Flipping POS, him and the lawyer.
Old 09-23-2019, 06:21 PM

Warning shot should have been about about 2 ft. higher and a few inches more towards the middle.
Old 09-23-2019, 06:22 PM

Disabled can't inject drugs and steal with only one arm

Old 09-23-2019, 06:25 PM

Better off to SSS
Old 09-23-2019, 06:47 PM

I have been traumatized just reading this. Any AO lawyers want to help me sue Ryan Watson for $100,001.00 so I can move on with my life?

Dodger
Old 09-23-2019, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
On the other hand, it that perp was given 10K he’d probably OD within a week.
How some soon forget that we as taxpayers are supporting these clean and safe injection sites. Give them 10K gets them off the street but not on the straight and narrow. When that runs out, they are back out and doing the same knowing they will never be prosecuted like the one that let off the warning shot. Any luck at all we can pay for them to go to Nanaimo for 3 months of rehab and have them come back with a clear head and a better way to steal from us. They are the scourge of the earth and should be dealt with accordingly. Caught stealing cut off a hand, try to run and lose a leg, threaten my life or family...….death! But we are a society of oh well he must have had a hard up bringing.
Old 09-23-2019, 07:13 PM

Embarrassing times......
Old 09-23-2019, 07:45 PM
Banned

Shows some broken the justice system is and how deluded the law makers and their enforcers are.

That's why when you started the job, you gotta finish it properly with a bigger bang.
Leave it to the coyotes, mountain loins, wolves, and bears to clean up.

Always remember. Judges, lawyers, law enforcement, and politicians are not gun owners' allies.
Old 09-23-2019, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger View Post
I have been traumatized just reading this. Any AO lawyers want to help me sue Ryan Watson for $100,001.00 so I can move on with my life?

Dodger
I'd love to see a counter suit for 150 grand. Ptsd and all that. Hell I'd put money in for a lawyer.

Thomas Sowell
Old 09-23-2019, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaHunter View Post
Shows some broken the justice system is and how deluded the law makers and their enforcers are.

That's why when you started the job, you gotta finish it properly with a bigger bang.
Leave it to the coyotes, mountain loins, wolves, and bears to clean up.

Always remember. Judges, lawyers, law enforcement, and politicians are not gun owners' allies.

Not the general public's allies either, in spite of what they keep telling us. I see a dismissal coming up.

Grizz
Old 09-23-2019, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
I'd love to see a counter suit for 150 grand. Ptsd and all that. Hell I'd put money in for a lawyer.
I agree, me too.

Surely the debilitating stress from reliving the events of the day, being unable to sleep,eat, work, live a normal life the home owner is suffering through must be completely unbearable.

I would give to help for sure. Sounds like $1,500,000.00 is a good number.

He was comfortable in his home, the horror and fear of someone entering meaning to do you harm must be life changing and must be taken into consideration.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 09-23-2019, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burbotman View Post
Embarrassing times......
I have to agree all the way,as a Canadian it is very embarrassing to see crap like this happen to anyone who isn't the criminal.

We can get angry at this crap,but I still and allways will believe there's still very good people in this world, plenty of rotten scum ,but way more decent folks.
Old 09-24-2019, 12:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVA7mm View Post
Warning shot should have been about about 2 ft. higher and a few inches more towards the middle.
Agreed.
Old 09-24-2019, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burbotman View Post
Embarrassing times......
No chit eh ?
Almost looking forward to if everything collapses ...... and becomes survival of the best shot ...... and , well prepared
Old 09-24-2019, 06:00 AM

Shoot Shovel and shut up ,is what it is coming to.
Old 09-24-2019, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
Exactly, sue for all of the stress the criminal put the homeowner through.
Old 09-24-2019, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Exactly, sue for all of the stress the criminal put the homeowner through.
So, the reality probably is, the scumbag is penny less, like getting blood from a stone, but some shyster lawyer sees profit in this.

Grizz
Old 09-24-2019, 07:17 AM

I have said it before but we need Castle law in this country.

My blog - casting on the waters

fishing regulations and facts on fish handling
Fishing Regulations
Old 09-24-2019, 07:31 AM
Banned

This should set a precedence, warning shots should be between the eyes, and lawyers who take these cases should have their picture along with a description of what they represent and their home address plastered all over Facebook, Instagram, and whatever other social media sites are available.

You want real change? This will create change.

Give the power back to the people!
Old 09-24-2019, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
This should set a precedence, warning shots should be between the eyes, and lawyers who take these cases should have their picture along with a description of what they represent and their home address plastered all over Facebook, Instagram, and whatever other social media sites are available.

You want real change? This will create change.

Give the power back to the people!
That would defeat the purpose of a warning shot.
Those Lawyers are already plastered all over the place with what they do and represent. Not sure how your suggestion will solve anything.

But what will make a difference is write your MLA and support your law abiding citizen. Ask your MLA why the laws are not being upheld and why criminals are getting a free ride on the system.
Old 09-24-2019, 08:12 AM

This really shows just how expensive to the public it is to let repeat criminals have short jail time. instead of being in jail, they are out and about, harming hundreds of victims' lives with their property crime, and worse sometimes their violence, causing stress to the public with the uselessness of the legal system. The revolving door of stealing property, costing victims money to replace the property, driving prices up in stores to replace shoplifted property, driving insurance rates up, consuming hundreds of hours of police time investigating their repeat crimes, driving taxes up to try and pay for the lack of available police resources, clogging up the courts over and over with criminal trials for the same offenders, getting serious violent court cases thrown out now because the trials take 'too long' to get to trial, and now following the altercations the criminals started with their illegal acts, are suing the victims of the altercations.

There needs to be a demand for change from the top down.
Old 09-24-2019, 08:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctd View Post
That would defeat the purpose of a warning shot.
Those Lawyers are already plastered all over the place with what they do and represent. Not sure how your suggestion will solve anything.

But what will make a difference is write your MLA and support your law abiding citizen. Ask your MLA why the laws are not being upheld and why criminals are getting a free ride on the system.

Gerald Stanley isn’t being sued by Colten Boushie.... I’d say his case is a good example of how Justice should work. Unfortunately he had to deal with a law suit to settle it.

Who is the lawyer representing that useless piece of skin Ryan Watson?

This is watson

Old 09-24-2019, 08:44 AM

Angry Change is coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyksta View Post
There needs to be a demand for change from the top down.
There is! The criminal currently in charge wants to implement another step in the long process of civilian disarmament so that little criminals like Ryan Watson won't have to face a similar situation in the future.

The current system and legal industry help to stimulate the economy; the progressive hypocrites have no intention to implement actual justice.

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 09-24-2019, 09:06 AM

Just back from the Yukon. The defending lawyer in this case apparently gets around. Makes the tv screens here , regularly defending serious scumbags.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north...dict-1.5290519

Grizz
Old 09-24-2019, 09:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Just back from the Yukon. The defending lawyer in this case apparently gets around. Makes the tv screens here , regularly defending serious scumbags.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north...dict-1.5290519

Grizz
This is the Scumbags law firm. He specializes in drug cases. How dirty do you suppose this guy is in his private life?

https://www.bosdefence.com/our-team/
Old 09-24-2019, 10:35 AM

That guy makes my skin crawl.

I mean the Lawyer.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....