Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 02-14-2005, 09:48 PM
Cowboy Al

Default Beaver carcasses

Looking for beaver carcasses for baiting bear. Anyone have any they are willing to part with?
Old 02-23-2005, 11:09 PM
Cowboy Al

Default who?

Anybody have any suggestions as to who I could contact about buying some beaver carcasses.
Old 02-23-2005, 11:23 PM
aka bushmaster

Default Re: who?

How soon do ya need them? I sometimes go first thing in the spring, depending on runoff.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:20 AM
Cowboy Al

Default when?

I don't need them right away. Just trying to get a line on some, I'll freeze them and use them in April / May.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:24 AM
Brady

Default Re: when?

I got a question for you guys....does a person need a permit or anything like that when using beaver carcasses, or any other trapped furbearer carcasses as bear bait?
Just curious.:rolleyes :rolleyes
Old 02-24-2005, 01:33 AM
Cowboy Al

I've searched both the trapping and hunting regs the only thing I've found is in the trapping regs it states that beaver carcasses can legally be sold for bear bait. Other than that I didn't see any restrictions or mention of it. Good question though, to be safe I think I'll call the local F&W office and ask a few questions.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:37 AM
Brady

Okay, make sure you let us know what you find out. I may one day hunt bears over a bait, and it would be good to have all the knowledge on filling up a bait successfully, and legally.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:52 AM
Rob

Hey guys,

I've sold many beaver carcasses to outfitters over the past few years as do all trappers who harvest beaver. I will have carcasses for sale come spring and there is nothing illegal with buying or selling them.

The going rate has been on average $5.00 per carcass, however, due to the low price a beaver fetches these days the price has been as high as $10.00 per carcass in several instances that I am aware of.

Rob
Old 02-24-2005, 10:34 AM
Brady

Cool, thanx Rob.
Old 02-24-2005, 06:45 PM
Cowboy Al

Default Home for your beavers?

Hey Rob, if you haven't already got a home for you beaver carcasses I would sure take a couple off of your hands.
Old 02-24-2005, 07:21 PM
Rob

Default Re: Home for your beavers?

Contact me in a month or so by email again and I should have a few to part with. They aren't worth catching under the ice anymore - too much work for too little return.

Rob
Old 02-24-2005, 08:12 PM
Cowboy Al

Default thanks

Thanks Rob, I'll contact you in a month or so. I wasn't entirely sure if they were trapped all winter long, or just in late winter / early spring.
Old 02-25-2005, 11:46 PM
Beaver Carcass

Default Beaver Carcass

We could just get a little something started right here, something called price fixing. I vote that we all sell our beaver carcasses for $10.00 each from now on. If we all do it, we all get it. Don't sell them for less and you'll get your $10.00 a beaver. If not, don't sell them, just look for an alternative market. Hold out for the purple ones!
Old 02-27-2005, 06:06 PM
Cowboy Al

Default collusion?

You can't do that, that's collusion! LOL:rollin
Old 03-03-2005, 03:28 AM
Rocks

Cowboy - I'll try to get out and collect a few beavs this spring time permitting, keep an eye on this thread from time to time. I'd probably sell them for say around $10/each....

Weathers good for them now, if I didn't have this dang job...
Old 03-03-2005, 10:09 PM
Cowboy Al

Default close?

Hey Rocks, that sounds great! Where are you located? I'm trying to find some one who traps thats close to me (Med Hat). But I realize there aren't alot of trappers (or beaver) around this area. Thanks for the offer, the price sounds fine maybe we can work something out.
Old 03-03-2005, 11:42 PM
Rocks

Default Re: close?..yah...not so close

Grande Cache. Just a little outta the way, might be a little tough...I occasionally make a trip to Calgary though. I'll keep in touch through this thread...and keep looking...
Old 03-08-2005, 03:29 AM
Carcass Beaver

Default Carcass Beaver

So now, while we're at it, do you guys think we could gouge the general public at large for a mere $15.00 a carcass. This 80 cent/litre fuel and $1000/month truck payments calls for such... no?:smokin
Old 03-08-2005, 05:24 PM
shorthair

Default Re: Carcass Beaver

If you are driving a truck and your payments are $1000.00/month I think thats your problem not ours!!!:lol
Old 03-10-2005, 12:54 AM
t

Default t

I'm in the Med Hat area, might possibly kill a few beaver although I might possibly hate skinning beaver and also most certainly hate smelling beaver, possibly hate carrying beaver back to the truck and hate packing loads of heavy steel traps down the river banks to catch them as well as hate carrying the steel traps back up the bank to take them home.

Now why can't coyotes be prime like 8 months of the year?

Got no freezer though at the moment, but we could arrange something. 403-725-2283.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:57 AM
t

Default t

Oh yes, I forgot to mention that I'd have to have ten bucks each and partake in this evolving collusion movement!
Old 03-31-2005, 02:10 AM
270SHORTMAG

Default Re: Beavers

Any beavers for sale yet? Rob? I could use a few carcass' if theres some to be had.
Old 04-03-2005, 09:38 PM
Beaver warehouse

Default Beaver warehouse

I ve got some beavers for sale...10 bucks each.I m just west of edmonton.contact me at...dougfaulds@hotmail.com:hat
Old 04-16-2005, 02:56 PM
Huntinrox

Sluker Fur use to sell Beaver carcuses anyone know if they are still. The may want your arm and leg for them but they may have some.
Huntinrox:hat
Old 05-06-2005, 02:00 PM
backman2

Default Re: t

I have a whack of carcasses. 780-675-3616 negotiable
Old 10-14-2005, 07:58 AM
beavers

Default beavers

hey guys i could use a whack of beavers i will come and get them and i got freezers so any time is good..call me at 780-696-6515 or email me at pat_470@hotmail.com
thanx alot guys
Old 12-27-2005, 12:50 PM
gunslinger

Default beavers

hello guys i am still looking for lots of beavers so if anyone wants to sell some i will buy them.
Old 01-14-2006, 07:59 AM
you guys are missing some great eating here.........

Default you guys are missing some great eating here.........

if it is fresh there isn't anything better than a beaver stir fry........tasty as anything you will ever eat.muskrat too!