Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-28-2018, 06:23 PM

I think that guy must be hitting the bong a little too much. Hunt, fish,grow food on five measly acres? Good luck. No bills no rent? I wonder if he realizes that also means no house no car and no power to post stupid crap on face book.
Old 02-28-2018, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwest Alta View Post
I hope he's done his due diligence because he might find himself 5 acres shy of what he started with.
You might be right. If he lets them live there and set up some sort of dwelling they could claim adverse possession, declare squatters rights and win.

Good moose hunting on 5 acres? They'll have to shoot every moose that passes through it if they want to live off the land. I'm sure his neighbors will be real impressed.
Old 02-28-2018, 07:35 PM

Very nice gesture .
Old 02-28-2018, 07:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by expedition View Post
Very nice gesture .
What did you just say? Your supposed to be upset at a nice gesture. Get back in line and come back with some proper outrage to this good deed.

/sarcasm
Old 02-28-2018, 07:41 PM

well everyone want's there 5 min of fame.

call the cops he is in possesion of stolen property
oops they are handing out speeding tickets.

even if you called the police they wouldn't do anything
look at were it got me i found my stolen camper showed them the add
on facebook and they wanted me to give them a name phhht.
he is an admitted thief and nothing will be done about it.
Old 02-28-2018, 07:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
You might be right. If he lets them live there and set up some sort of dwelling they could claim adverse possession, declare squatters rights and win.

Good moose hunting on 5 acres? They'll have to shoot every moose that passes through it if they want to live off the land. I'm sure his neighbors will be real impressed.
Well it surely would be close to the supper table. I suppose on the right day and right time I could shoot elk and deer within 5 acres of my house. Depends on how my 5 acres are measured. I wouldn't count on it for my survival though.

Sometimes landowners get what they deserve when they sub divide. Thought about it once once.
Old 02-28-2018, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3illy View Post
What did you just say? Your supposed to be upset at a nice gesture. Get back in line and come back with some proper outrage to this good deed.

/sarcasm
That gesture is about as genuine as a rubber dog turd. Virtue signalling at it’s finest
Old 02-28-2018, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post

Wouldn’t that be ironic!! But that would
Neve happen
Old 02-28-2018, 08:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwbirds View Post
Guess you dont read your own posts. "Warfare" "conquering a nation". You have a pretty one sided opinion but it is wrong. There were a least 20 nations in Canada when the white man arrived and the treaties made and subsequently broken with many of those nations had nothing to do with the US so you cant lump a north american conquest into the problems we face now.
It wasn't you or me or even our ancestors 5 generations ago but rather the government at the time and continuous until about 1983 that created the problem who will ultimately have to find a solution.
I read what I wrote, you don't get it.

What part of Canadian history shows where the white man stole the land? What was his name and who did he steal it from? His family from that day forth thru the end of time should pay for such action.

Flip the coin, if we are on stolen land and don't belong here, what are we paying taxes for?

Some want their cake and to eat it too but don't understand what they're asking for. It's 2018, not 1820, time to get over it. Canada is my country, Canada is where my home is, I work, pay taxes, and deserve to live here just like John Smith and John Redfeather.

I don't care if some guy wants to let someone else live on his land for free, that's great, but don't be spreading that bs about being on stolen land. What about all my stolen tax money then? I'm getting taxed on this supposed stolen land, maybe I should let justin know he's sending the bill to the wrong address?