Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-27-2018, 01:00 PM

Well, this is the koolaid I've drank, from my professional association. Bit of a long read, with an interesting spotlight in the appendix on Portugal. Drug addiction is a health issue, not a justice issue.
Old 02-27-2018, 01:17 PM

Just heard on radio that lethbridge responded to 42 overdoses this weekend.some type of carafentanyl that is extremely dangerous.
Old 07-16-2020, 07:45 AM

Exclamation How dare they!

The results of the audit of the Lethbridge facility by Deloitte is an interesting look into the mismanagement and corruption facilitated by the virtue signalling progressives.
https://calgarysun.com/opinion/colum...mess-uncovered
Excerpt:
Quote:
It was a labour of love, a noble pursuit, a righteous effort beyond reproach, such was the supposed selflessness of the mission.
How could anyone argue against something so right and just unless they were wrong and unjust?

The accountants do not express an opinion if there’s enough in the report to establish civil or criminal wrongdoing.
“Only a court can determine these matters,” they say.
There is “a misuse of government funding.” And it’s serious.
I wonder what they will uncover at the other facilities?

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 07-16-2020, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattthegorby View Post
Hey Wildbill, if you are interested in understanding the why behind safe injection sites just Google "Harm Reduction" to read about the philosophy behind it.

Safe injection sites are not about a place for junkies to go party - they are an an intervention meant to keep severe addicts alive who would otherwise be shooting up in an alley. Safe injection sites are also about keeping the streets safer for everyone and building relationships with addicts that can eventually lead to other treatment options.

That being said, I so not know the dollars and cents argument for Safe Injection sites and how that money could be used for additional rehab programs, but I do know that the threat of jail time means nothing to a severe addict, there is also no shortage of drugs in jail, and it costs you and me a crap load to lock someone up.

Matt

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Sometimes philosophy just doesn't work out, because it ignores Human Nature. It's known as Naivety. Trudeau passes out free money to everyone and ODs go through the roof. Unintended consequences.

Grizz

Last edited by Grizzly Adams; 07-16-2020 at 08:46 AM.
Old 07-16-2020, 09:28 AM

Soooo...has the site made anything better for the residents of Leth? Are the streets downtown safer? Ask the business owners near the site or anyone who has to go downtown for anything if this is working out as advertised.

Addicts need a safe site to inject to help them get on to a recovery program, sure give it a try. But the “team Tony” speeches about how the city wouldnt see any negatives from this being placed downtown, that “everything will be grrrrrreat!” was just bs. The city knew there were going to be serious issues, and there are.