Old 05-26-2018, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan_BHA View Post
Come out for a great time! All the info can be found at

http://www.backcountryhunters.ca

Attachment 146136
Attachment 146137

Jordan // Backcountry Hunters and Anglers
Very cool. Looking forward to this. Is there admission without the books? I want the Pheasant, Quail, Cottontail, but my buddy might not. Thanks.

Last edited by Mikeham; 05-26-2018 at 01:09 PM.
Old 05-26-2018, 01:14 PM
Banned

When is Kevin Van Tighem save the bears, and quit hunting and trapping of wolves night?
Old 05-26-2018, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeham View Post
Very cool. Looking forward to this. Is there admission without the books? I want the Pheasant, Quail, Cottontail, but my buddy might not. Thanks.
I will actually have to double check. But I believe to simply show up and have a beer is free. However, if you want a signed book or to take part in the dinner he has prepared, it requires a ticket. I'll get back to you asap!
Old 05-26-2018, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_davey View Post
When is Kevin Van Tighem save the bears, and quit hunting and trapping of wolves night?
I know your opinion on BHA. You've made up your mind and that's ok. Not going to go back and forth on here. Feel free to PM me, or if you live near Calgary (or are ever in the area) feel free to bug me for a beer and chat. But if it helps you sleep at night, Kevin is no longer a board member. Though I don't say that in a way of disrespect. Not all hunters see eye to eye on every single subject. Him and I are bound to disagree on something. As are you and I. Hell, even my close hunting buddies and I don't always agree. Personally spring bear is one of my favourite hunts/tags to buy, and me and my buddies make the occasional drive up to 330 for wolves. I also want to get my trapping licence, but currently all my extra cash is going to my NAVHDA registered hunting puppy so we can be ready for duck season. But none of that would fit into the wolves in sheeps clothing thing...so let's just ignore it
Old 05-26-2018, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeham View Post
If you just want a beer and to hang out, it's free! Come say hey! I've usually got a "dry earth" First Lite hat on.
Old 05-26-2018, 02:55 PM

Smile

Hank Shaw is great...I have his "Buck Buck Moose" book, and am hoping to cook my way through a lot of it! Thanks for posting...god knows we could use a night out by then, so we may show up!

Saving one animal won't change the world, but the world will change for that one animal!

Old 05-27-2018, 11:36 AM

Re: Kevin...Good. Now get rid of him altogether, along with Andy Von Busse, Neil Keown and the rest of the bear loving, Y2Y eco-fairies and maybe you will get some of us to take a second look. But until then, same as last time. Your group is associated with and populated by people who are anti-hunting and helped shut down the grizzly hunt. Which has completely f’d up our ungulate population as well. They won’t be forgiven.
Old 05-27-2018, 11:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3blade View Post
Re: Kevin...Good. Now get rid of him altogether, along with Andy Von Busse, Neil Keown and the rest of the bear loving, Y2Y eco-fairies and maybe you will get some of us to take a second look. But until then, same as last time. Your group is associated with and populated by people who are anti-hunting and helped shut down the grizzly hunt. Which has completely f’d up our ungulate population as well. They won’t be forgiven.
Thanks 3blade. I’m glad at least a few are paying attention to what exactly is going on with BHA.

Can we say “fox in the hen house” applies here!
Old 05-27-2018, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_davey View Post
Thanks 3blade. I’m glad at least a few are paying attention to what exactly is going on with BHA.

Can we say “fox in the hen house” applies here!
Yep, and it’s really sad they have assumed the BHA name. Because the BHA in the US is doing great work, and a lot of well meaning alberta hunters are joining up without realizing who is pulling the strings.

As far as Kevin and Andy go, I’ll most likely be alive longer than they will, and I’ll never let anyone forget what they did. They will go to into their graves known as traitors to the hunting community.
Old 06-20-2018, 03:49 PM

Getting closer!