Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-27-2023, 06:45 PM

Default ASAP Tickets

I have come across what appears to be a canadian website selling tickets to europe for $600 less than my favorite travel agent, any of my fellow outdoorsmen know any thing about this website .....Thanks
Old 06-27-2023, 06:58 PM

What’s the website?
Old 06-27-2023, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post
What’s the website?
Think it was his subject line.....
WDF
Old 06-28-2023, 12:46 PM

A few things to consider: it’s an American website so I would assume the ticket price is in US dollars. The second and the most important part- read the description at the bottom, it says they are CONSOLIDATORS and a travel agency. That means that if there is a problem with the flight like a cancellation or anything else, you will have to call them to be able to do anything! And that can become your worst nightmare! Happened to me once when we book the flight thru the flight hub site…The airline refused even to talk to us when the flight got cancelled and it took me 3 hours to get a hold of a live agent and it was a nightmare!
Old 06-28-2023, 09:03 PM

Gotta say that when it comes to airlines and their “reputation” the past few years I always book through their websites. Harder for them to tell me they can’t do anything about it that way.
Old 06-29-2023, 06:07 PM

The last 2 trips to Europe we used KLM. As far as airlines go I am very happy with them.

Good booking experience, good planes, free beer, good staff, excellent, excellent customer service in the event of a flight cancellation and they pay well for any cancellations.

KLM is the only airline I’m using to go to Europe any time soon.
Old 06-29-2023, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyallpeder View Post
The last 2 trips to Europe we used KLM. As far as airlines go I am very happy with them.

Good booking experience, good planes, free beer, good staff, excellent, excellent customer service in the event of a flight cancellation and they pay well for any cancellations.

KLM is the only airline I’m using to go to Europe any time soon.
Have you had to use their cancellation services?
Old 06-30-2023, 09:44 AM

I wouldn't use a third party for making airlines reservations, except for a rewards based option (airmiles, aeroplan, etc).

In my experience there are no "websites" that offer air fares cheaper than what airlines sell their tickets for, so I go right to the airline to buy tickets.

Don't get this confused with package deals (air travel, hotels and meals) that are offered by travel agents, that is not what I'm talking about either.
Old 06-30-2023, 01:34 PM

Considering number of claims against airlines over last couple of years, and amount of lobbying the airlines do in Canada i really don't see the difference between being ignored or jerked around by the air company, or by the "aggregate" web site. And for poops and giggles i did compare tickets to the same destination through cheapoair (that i used on numerous occasions) and the airline. Somehow the airline didn't have the same flight that cheapoair was able to offer. Also, if you have to make a connection switching airlines in progress it's real PITA to do yourself (in my opinion).
I had to cancel my latest trip due to family matters, had no problems cancelling tickets, and the penalty was reasonable, imo, for doing so a week before scheduled departure
Sooo, bottom line, YMMV. I have no problems using third party. That's what travel agents probably use anyway
Old 07-02-2023, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtruckin View Post
Have you had to use their cancellation services?
Cancellation no. But….

Last summer I was scheduled to fly Berlin- Amsterdam- Edmonton on a Saturday. I got an email on Wednesday my flight berlin to Amsterdam was canceled. I did absolutely nothing and on Thursday I got an email with my new itinerary to fly Berlin- Amsterdam- Calgary then to Edmonton via WestJet. They fly into Edmonton Saturdays and to Calgary on sundays.

I got another night in the hotel, forgot to keep most of my meal receipts and flew out on Sunday. We were delayed leaving Amsterdam a bit but nothing major, this made me miss my west jet flight. I was expecting this to be a pain in the butt but about 15 before landing the attendant gave me a paper with my new flight an hour later. My luggage went right to Edmonton… no customs. The best part was I did the claim and they paid me $1,900 for my (approximately) $2,200 flights being delayed one day!

And when we left the gate going to Europe, the pilot announced once we pushed back people may remove their masks, and on the way home he said canada requires all inbound flight to wear masks the whole flight. No one listened and they had no issues with it, thankfully.
Old 07-02-2023, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyallpeder View Post
Cancellation no. But….

Last summer I was scheduled to fly Berlin- Amsterdam- Edmonton on a Saturday. I got an email on Wednesday my flight berlin to Amsterdam was canceled. I did absolutely nothing and on Thursday I got an email with my new itinerary to fly Berlin- Amsterdam- Calgary then to Edmonton via WestJet. They fly into Edmonton Saturdays and to Calgary on sundays.

I got another night in the hotel, forgot to keep most of my meal receipts and flew out on Sunday. We were delayed leaving Amsterdam a bit but nothing major, this made me miss my west jet flight. I was expecting this to be a pain in the butt but about 15 before landing the attendant gave me a paper with my new flight an hour later. My luggage went right to Edmonton… no customs. The best part was I did the claim and they paid me $1,900 for my (approximately) $2,200 flights being delayed one day!

And when we left the gate going to Europe, the pilot announced once we pushed back people may remove their masks, and on the way home he said canada requires all inbound flight to wear masks the whole flight. No one listened and they had no issues with it, thankfully.

Man sounds like you got lucky!!