Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 04-08-2011, 03:53 PM

Default bow quiver

I am looking for a take off bow quiver to fit a hoyt katera. I want to be able to carry my arrows to the stand and then detatch the quiver from the bow. I also want to be able to shoot the bow with the quiver on if necessary. Where can I buy such an animal? Thank you.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:57 PM

Have a look at Alpine Archery Quivers......I have one and it makes doing what you want a breeze....very light weight, quiet, mine has capacity for 5 arrows.

http://www.alpinearchery.com/slocsystems.html

Lefty

Last edited by Lefty-Canuck; 04-08-2011 at 04:03 PM.
Old 04-08-2011, 05:21 PM

the best one in my opinion is called the "tight spot". its on my bow.
Old 04-08-2011, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rielbowhunter View Post
the best one in my opinion is called the "tight spot". its on my bow.
x2
Old 04-09-2011, 08:10 PM

Tight spot is the only quiver I will ever buy. Plus if you contact Martin at swamp donkey outdoors for it you will be very surprised on the price. An added bonus I think he is still giving away free hats with purchase
Old 04-10-2011, 10:26 AM

i recently bought a Fuse detachable quiver from SPA for something around 60$ hasnt done me wrong yet in a season of hard use
Old 04-10-2011, 11:16 AM

I like my octane one peice quiver it works awesome for me, the last 4 years have never had a problem with it yet. The magnets hold the arrows in awesome if you happen to snag a shaft on a branch and pull it out of the holder. Little heavier but worth the weight I think. Only down side is the price
Old 04-10-2011, 11:55 PM

another vote for Alpine soft lok. You can also buy a tree stand attachement to clip the quiver to the tree stand .... just incase you need a quick reload for a second shot. (you never know on those clean misses.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:06 AM

I'm using the Alpine soft loc as well. Like BRL said above you can get attachments for the tree plus one for a belt to turn it into a hip quiver. Very versitile but if you're shooting small shafts like I am with my FMJs remember to get the spacer inserts for the holes, or you will be picking up arrows going through tight bush. Other than that great quiver, nice and quiet, solid and can adjust up and down to fit your bow very quickly.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:58 AM

Default bow quiver

The quivers suggested look like they mount on the site and I do not want that. I did see one system last year that mounted on the top part of the riser, out of the way of the sight. Not sure if it was a magnet or bayanet type mount. Does anyone know about this? Has to fit a katera and be detatchable easily.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by opto55 View Post
The quivers suggested look like they mount on the site and I do not want that. I did see one system last year that mounted on the top part of the riser, out of the way of the sight. Not sure if it was a magnet or bayanet type mount. Does anyone know about this? Has to fit a katera and be detatchable easily.
Most quivers that attach to bows do mount onto or near the site. They mount on the oppsite side of where you view the site so they don't interfere. Most of the ones that mount to the riser are not easiley removed from what I know, and they are 2 piece ones. So I think you may have to decide the trade off to the style of mount to are looking for.

Lefty
Old 04-11-2011, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by opto55 View Post
sounds like you want a two piece detachable quiver .... none that I'm aware of.

I'm curious - what's the problem/issue with mounting with the same screws as the sight?
Old 04-12-2011, 09:36 AM

Default quiver

I did see one that was made by Mathews that mounted on the upper riser and it twisted off. That is what I was looking for. Do you know what I mean?
Old 04-12-2011, 09:59 AM

The quiver you are referring to is a Mathews quiver. Not sure if they will mount to other bows but know they work just fine on my Mathews. Go see them at Trophy Book in Spruce Grove. Whether you buy from there or Lawrence is up to you.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:31 PM

the Matthews arrow-web quiver attatches to the upper riser of newer bows.there is a triangle thingey(male) that fits into a (female)triangle for Hoyt and my Strother bow.I did have to file a little for the Strother.they also make a round one and maybe square one to fit other newer bows.the quiver is a quick detatch no screw.prob $160
Old 04-12-2011, 09:06 PM

You may be interested in the Octane Bantamweight 1 piece quick detachable quiver. Mounts on the top riser mounting hole. I have the bantamweight on my primary bow. Would recommend it to anyone. Click on the link below.

http://www.fuelthehunt.com/bantamweight.php

http://www.ferniergc.com/