Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-05-2020, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roper1 View Post
My wife does THC occasionally, maybe every 10th night or so. Knocks her out. I always sleep very well camping or hunting, almost always by a creek. I've given some thought to having recorded brook running water for a night or two to try. Good luck!
I have done this on an app. LOL. Don't know how it worked, but it didn't hurt.
Old 12-05-2020, 08:41 PM
Banned

I would chuck all the pills and go get yourself some strong cannabis of both species. I recommend a micro dose of a strong sativa hybrid upon waking up something in the 60/40 range for Sativa.
For Indica I would recommend something in the Girl Scout cookies range. Your evening dose should be strong and taken about an hour after supper. Sweet dreams! If you have any

I wouldn’t bother with cbd as it will fight the thc.
Old 12-05-2020, 10:25 PM

I have trouble sleeping.

I use CBD. 25mg/ml with a small amount of THC as well. Not enough THC to feel anything. It takes the anxiety edge off with a bunch of other bonuses as far as pain, etc. Dosecann is the brand I use but it's out of stock because they're currently adding an Omega 3,6,9 oil as the carrier. Back in stock in a few weeks.

I also use Jamieson brand melatonin. Sometimes 2.5mg. Sometimes 5mg. It helps to get to sleep and remain asleep.

Exercise every day or I don't sleep at all.

Good luck finding what works for you.
Old 12-05-2020, 11:48 PM

While the cbd and medicine may let you sleep they aren't necessarily helping the problem. I've had issues like this for years. Sometimes better sometimes worse. Eating and exercise helps me tremendously. I never found therapy to be my friend but some folks get better results. Just remember to try and fix the root of the problem and not just treat the symptoms. Best of luck to you!!
Old 12-06-2020, 12:03 AM
Banned

The Sativa works just don’t keep using it all day or you’ll be up at midnight posting redundant drivel on a forum full of dudes that sit in the bushes for fun

Is this your bush?
Old 12-06-2020, 11:11 AM

Had insomnia from years of shift work.

Even if I went to sleep at 0300 I was waking up at 0430. During the week, weekends and on vacations.

Doctor gave me Ambien. I took it and sat on the couch with the dog and twenty minutes later I felt like Leo DiCaprio in Wolf of Wallstreet when he took Quaaludes. I crawled up the stairs on my belly and managed to get into bed.

I have never felt that good in my life, before or since then. When I woke up I felt like a totally new person. I didn't know it was possible. Do other people feel like this when they wake up? Holy cow.

Downside was that it gives a bit of brain fog and I work safety sensitive jobs, so it was the last time I took it.

They got me on CBD instead. It's wonderful for joint pain, not so great for sleeping. The THC stuff was much better for sleeping (I found). The first time I tried pot was with a prescription when I was 30. It will make you sleep but nowhere near as good as the Ambien. But it took a while to get used to. I spent the first month staying up all night getting high while I was figuring out the dosages.
Old 12-06-2020, 11:29 AM

I decided to not do any internetting on either phone or my laptop for a week.. WoW double WoW!!! Phenomenal change in sleep pattern.

Internet was pitched as a time saver and then they went and made stuff on the internet, things to do with your time saved.

I once lived where I worked that had no internet or tv and very spotty radio reception. 4 years of the best sleep and daytime energy that I can remember.

Us outdoorsmen are really onlinesmen now.. turn it off for a week, if friends text you often expecting an instant reply, set a time frame e.g., 5:00pm - 6:00pm for replying. If work requires use of smartphone/pc, try to work out a regimen of less usage, or turn off screen when not needed.

Like the adage for TV,, there's nothing on the internet either. You'll also find you'll spend less as the tool of this machine is to get ads in your face and not just in regular ad ways.

Try it, and approach those old hands on things you used to like,, make lures, ammo, tinker on that old ice auger engine.

Last edited by Crankbait; 12-06-2020 at 11:46 AM.