Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2013, 06:03 AM

Default Why be a Road Hunter??

To the "hunter" in 110 yesterday in a white truck that stopped on the side of the road, jumped out and dashed through the ditch to the fence and proceed to shoot 9 times at (my best guess) a group of mule deer about 500+ yards from your spot....
- Maybe hit the gun range so that you don't need 9 shots to hit your target... I'm guessing since you drove off and by the way the deer were acting, you missed...
- Maybe ask for permission and you could have gotten alot closer to them.. I know we did and were about 110 yards from the does and spiker buck that you puched to us...
- Maybe try walking AFTER you have permission.. You'll be amazed at the game you see..
- Maybe give up hunting, if you think that what you are doing is totally right and giving all hunters a good name...

On the plus side.. Thank you for your actions... It gave me a great opportunity to explain to my son how wrong it was and to show him how animals react when retards take foolish shots..

We walked about 6-7 km and probably saw about 30 does, a few spikers and a couple of good sized bucks.. We managed to get a decent 3x3 buck at 365 yards about a half hour before sunset, that a yote was nice enough to push out... It was about a 3 km walk back to get the quad..