Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 12-25-2023, 06:29 PM

Default Tripod Help

Hi guys.

I received a Siriu tripod for Christmas and was wanting a quick mount adapter to use with my Zeiss Conquest 10x42 binoculars.

I have done some research but there’s just so many options out there. I was potentially hoping for something that you could mount a rest on to shoot off of also.

Curious what you all would recommend. Thank you.
Old 12-26-2023, 08:31 AM

The bino, you would have to research on what is best for them. Sometimes they have a stud that installs onto them, and sometimes they only have a ring that mounts onto one side to attach to the tripods.

https://www.amazon.ca/BOG-1117132-Co...s%2C159&sr=8-7

The rifle, well you have two options.
1. Death grip. You mount it on your tripod, and it clamps the rifle in position.
2. Add an arca rail to your rifle and mount it directly to the tripod.
Old 12-26-2023, 09:37 AM

I couldn’t find one so I found two bolts with proper threads, added flat washers for stability and wing nuts for something to grip and welded it together. Works great.
Old 12-27-2023, 05:06 PM

If the front cap comes off your binoculars, there should be a mounting hole under the cap. I know Vortex makes a couple of different holders as we carry them at McBain.
For mounting the rifle, I'd agree with an Arca Swiss rail. I know there a few different ones of those available out there.
Old 12-28-2023, 08:45 AM

Thank you all for the advice so far. I have searched around a little bit and the outdoorsmen system looks pretty slick. Do any of you have experience with it or know who sells it in Alberta?
Old 12-28-2023, 09:23 AM

I picked up the $30 Vortex minor mount for my Zeiss binos. It works, but it's not ideal. The Zeiss mounting is a little recessed and gets crushed a bit when tightening down. To overcome this, I grabbed some scrap SS tubing and cut a spacer. That brings the mount out just enough to clear the binos.
The other thing I'm not wild about is that you need to use tools to mount it to the binos. I'll definitely be looking for a better setup my self.

I'm using the Primos Trigger Sticks, gen 3. It comes with the V head, as well as a plate with the 1/4" stud. I put an Arca compatible ball head on it and use that for my binos and my rangefinder when trying to range longer distance. I have a rangefinder mount that I 3D printed that has an Arca mount on it already.
Old 12-28-2023, 09:33 AM

Corlane sells Outdoorsman gear in Canada. If you’re going the micro pan route I am selling a setup in the classifieds. It is an excellent lightweight glassing setup, but if shooting is coming into play, I would likely recommend a steadier head than the micro pan to maximize stability.
Old 12-29-2023, 08:27 AM

Aziak Equipment bino mounts work great, sizes for all sizes of binos. Apexhuntinggear.ca sells these locally for Canadians and are authorized sellers. You can also find a carbon handle for that tripod to save 3 ounces off of the stock handle

Full disclosure my buddy and I are the guys behind Apex but you can let the product reviews speak for themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk