Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 06:04 PM

Default WARNING porcupine hills

Heard from a friend and was directed to a Facebook post that people are stringing barbed wire from trees across trails in porcupine hills. Seems like attempted murder to me.
Old 04-23-2017, 06:11 PM

If this is the case try editing the title to better attract the attention of the ATV crowd. A generic location falls a bit short. "ATTN: OHV users, Safety/Sabotage Alert!" might be a bit better.

If people are indeed setting up traps there they might also choose to hit completely different locations too. Sometimes such things are done by a lunatic local protecting their turf but it could also be Eco-warriors hell bent on screwing with OHV users province wide or even further.
Old 04-23-2017, 07:45 PM

Wow, this story just popped up on my own Facebook feed complete with photos of a few spots where the wire was strung up and that someone had been injured.
Old 04-23-2017, 08:34 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Some people are just sick.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 04-23-2017, 09:00 PM

This is not facebook.
Keep any and all inappropriate comments there or to yourselves.
In fact, just post on facebook if you want to comment about this because nothing good will come of it.
Cat
Old 04-25-2017, 12:42 PM
Banned

Default Barbed Wire Across OHV Trail

Things are getting crazy and someone is going to get killed. Be careful out there.

A group of dirt bikers was faced with a terrifying experience over the weekend when someone strung barbed wire across a trail in the Porcupine Hills.

“It just about killed our friend,” OHV user Kristoffer Beer said.

It was the first weekend of the season for the group of seven, who’ve been riding in the area since they were kids.

Jordan Sinnott was lead rider and was not prepared for what they encountered.

“All of a sudden, I thought I saw a barbed wire fence and thought I was going into a fence so I ducked, put my head to my seat and somehow managed to get underneath the one wire that was there.”

Beer was right behind him and managed to stop just in time.

“Once that happened, we walked down the trail and we found more strung across the trail like that one, in areas you can’t see it, where there’s shade,” he said.

Sinnott was lucky to walk away with a few scrapes and bruises and a banged-up bike.

He believes the barbed wire was put there to send a message.

“It wasn’t just hand tied and loosely put in the trees,” Sinnott said. “Someone actually had pliers and tightened it up and it was across the trail… It was intentionally put there to hurt a biker.”
Pincher Creek RCMP are currently investigating.

Jeff Harker was also there that day and says things could have been much worse.

“There’s kids that use these trails,” he said. “Where the barbed wire was placed, about four feet high is neck-high to a kid and I don’t want to see anyone getting hurt.”

Luckily no one was seriously injured and the group was able to make the approximately 30-kilometre ride back to their vehicles.

“It’s not usually something that you look for when your riding and it’s always going to be in the back of all our minds.
“Going around a corner, there might be barbed wire and it will peel your head off,” Beer said.

They want to know why anyone would do this, but it’s not enough to keep them off the trails.

“I don’t think barbed wire will stop us. We’ll just be a little more cautious and try to keep everyone informed that this is happening.”

http://globalnews.ca/news/3401096/ba...arning-others/
Old 04-25-2017, 12:53 PM

Sick sick sick. There are no words for this crap. Unspeakable evil
Closed Thread