Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-22-2017, 02:15 PM

I'm a little worried what his plans for the energy and lumber are. I think our Fearless Leader is also a little Nervous.
Old 04-22-2017, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
Anyone with half a brain knew he was going to be bad for Canada.
and anyone with a full brain knows that he going to be bad for the USA and rest of the whole world, with maybe the exception of Russia and Turkey and a few other.
Old 04-22-2017, 03:41 PM

Trump maybe going after "Supply Management".

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/b...and-cheese-867

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repor...ticle25030753/

http://business.financialpost.com/fp...s-into-poverty

http://business.financialpost.com/ne...-sell-the-cows

Last edited by lmtada; 04-22-2017 at 03:50 PM.
Old 04-22-2017, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by covey ridge View Post
and anyone with a full brain knows that he going to be bad for the USA and rest of the whole world, with maybe the exception of Russia and Turkey and a few other.
Yea, he's so good for Russia were on the brink of WWIII in Syria. If he was in cahoots with Russia, Assad would already have control of Syria back. Ukraine would also have been taken back over by Russia. You really need to look at whats going on in the world. You also have to understand ALL politicians are useless for the most part. Trump hasn't gotten a lot done, but its still more then Obama got done in 8 years. The Democratic party also only has themselves to blame, similar to the Conservatives here. Hillary was washed up and they run her. How no one saw this upset coming I'm not sure.

Trump's also a lot smarter then you give him credit for. You don't get a degree from Wharton being dumb.
Old 04-22-2017, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 260 Rem View Post
I am now confused regarding which "half-a-brain" pundits are truly knowledgeable?
A lot of people were worried about what would happen to Canada if Trump got in, my self included. I thought he'd be good for the States. We'll see what happens over the next few years.
Old 04-22-2017, 07:19 PM

Even Democrat leader siding with Trump regarding Nafta.

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%...WFZFrtQm9g&s=1
Old 04-22-2017, 07:25 PM

The type of people that don't want Trump to touch NAFTA are the same people 10-20-30 years ago protesting NAFTA, Global Trade and Globalization. Funny how things flip over 1-2 Generations of Brain washing.
Old 04-23-2017, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post

Trump's also a lot smarter then you give him credit for. You don't get a degree from Wharton being dumb.

If Trump got a degree from anywhere, he bought it or made a deal for it!
Trump is Dumb
Old 04-23-2017, 05:14 PM

Quote:

If Trump got a degree from anywhere, he bought it or made a deal for it!
Trump is Dumb

Oh now. Just because he's hampered by a 12 word vocabulary doesn't mean he's dumb.

Does it?
Old 04-23-2017, 05:29 PM

Interesting comments.
There are those who have accomplished multi billion dollar net worths, have thousands on their payroll, own a nice airplane, and became leader of a world power.
I tend not to call them stupid.

Then there are those that cannot answer a simple question, think they can solve the natural evolution of a planet yet have never had a real job and wants to be loved by giving our tax money to other countries....

We are so screwed.
Old 04-23-2017, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterupnorth View Post
Interesting comments.
There are those who have accomplished multi billion dollar net worths, have thousands on their payroll, own a nice airplane, and became leader of a world power.
I tend not to call them stupid.

Better to be thought stupid than open up his mouth and remove all doubt.

I can think of quite a few world leaders that I have little respect for.

I do not think that Hillary Clinton would have been better.

I am amazed that the late great USA allowed this to happen.
Old 04-23-2017, 08:08 PM

Default I'm back to my original conclusion

He is just a con man, not a hard worker. To make all the changes and tweaks the NAFTA needs will take months of intense meeting a couple of dry runs before it is legislation, and after all that how much of a difference would there be?

I think he'll just give a few fiery speeches and go back to playing golf.
Old 04-24-2017, 09:05 AM
Banned

Quote:

Better to be thought stupid than open up his mouth and remove all doubt.

You did exactly that a long time ago.
Old 04-24-2017, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringer View Post
You did exactly that a long time ago.

Yep! When I first heard that saying I know it was about me LOL

but I am not the President of the United States of America and every time Trump opens his mouth stupid comes out.
Old 04-24-2017, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkdump View Post
In Canada dairy product pricing has little to do with supply and demand !!

* But dairy pricing in Canada has EVERYTHING to do with artificially high prices set by a obsolete quota system which has producers addicted to Canadian Government handouts like street junkies to heroin ,

Canadian dairy retail prices kept outrageously high so dairy producers keep in quota and cannot excel or expand on their own merit, but rather languish in Government protectionism,

I believe the number is about 300% tariff/import cost on USA dairy products coming into Canada ,

New Zealand cattle and dairy producers had to abandon the old system and stand on their own MERIT/be COMPETITIVE, learn to be cost effective and compete in a global economy, now New Zealand has become a Global Titan in meat production,

Trump has nothing to do with lowering the retail Price of dairy products in Canada other than demanding that Canadian farms stop being subsidized and propped up be the Canadian taxpayer ( via Govt handouts and import tariffs)

As for talking fuel prices, you better get aware

reg gas in Edmonton $0.98
Reg gas in Vancouver $1.359

I believe Edmonton is about 1100 km north of Vancouver

Dallas Tx , reg gas $2.14 USD per USA gallon, about $0.75c US a ltr,,,, and THEY buy our OIL !

Ever feel like your but got reamed? Just keep encouraging Canadian politicians,,,
Glad you brought up the New Zealand dairy industry... you know the one that is now the largest struggling industry in their country. Oh yeah US milk is cheaper... wait what about the billions in subsidies that are paid by the tax dollars of the people. So if you want to cough up your tax dollars be my guest. Also take a look at almost every single country that has gotten rid of supply management and how the farmers have faired. Also check out the correlating suicide rates. Fact is unless the farmers ban together and startup processors they end up getting controlled by companies such as Saputo or parmalat. In Australia the processors have dropped the prices to the farmers so far that the only way to make money is by selling calves to china.
I find it funny when people think that our milk prices would drop if we got rid of supply management. Supply management does not control the price in the store that is dictated by the stores and processors. They will drop it if you stop buying it... Some people also cry that farmers make way to much, yet none of them seem to want to work 7 days a week. As with most types of farming the per hour pay is garbage if you calculate it. Oh and if you are complaining that you want to start but cant because quota is so expensive they have programs to help new farmers get started.
Old 04-24-2017, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olthreelegs View Post
because canadian milk isnt laced with these things you mention?? one really has to love the blinders that patriotism creates.
That's right it isn't....
Old 04-24-2017, 08:17 PM

The Donald, sticking it to Canada. 20% duties on lumber.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/wilb...rrif-1.4083968

Thomas Sowell
Old 04-25-2017, 10:15 AM

I wonder when the much talked about pipe line is hooked up, what the deal will be. Obama was always opposed and campaign Trump said he would be for it BUT he would negotiate a better deal.

I hope that Canada does not invest too much in this only to get screwed by the art of the deal.

I think Canada need to jeep other plans open, because Canada's largest trading partner may no longer be best.
Old 04-25-2017, 10:25 AM

Quote:
I wonder when the much talked about pipe line is hooked up, what the deal will be. Obama was always opposed and campaign Trump said he would be for it BUT he would negotiate a better deal.

I hope that Canada does not invest too much in this only to get screwed by the art of the deal.

I think Canada need to jeep other plans open, because Canada's largest trading partner may no longer be best.
Alberta will pretty much be paying the USA to take oil if he renegotiates a "better deal"