Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-08-2019, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunluvr View Post
Sadly, it's not our money; we'll have to borrow it and our children will have to pay it back.
Our children won't, nor can they ever pay it back. They will do the same as us, just keep paying more taxes trying to service interest payments on the ever increasing debt and so will their children and so on.
Old 06-08-2019, 09:10 AM

I"d say that the big ball of fire in the sky that's responsible for keeping us from freezing in the dark has more to do with our climate than anything man can do.

I'm also of the belief that the CO2 levels are too low. Plants are suffocating from lack of CO2 in the atmosphere.
Old 06-08-2019, 09:18 AM

Climate change for sure but has no-one ever heard of EVOLUTION

Doesn't mean one has to be rude to the world
all the plastics in the ocean
raw sewage in the ocean[Victoria Montreal]
vehicles that burn way to much oil

I'm sure we could add to the list but

Carbon tax doesn't fix any of these
Old 06-08-2019, 09:42 AM

Really tough to find answers for us beyond ‘what another guy says’.

I’ve always though that this is a problem.
Now I trying to take the time to look up studies and read them ( mostly the abstracts).... I’m busily chasing down a lot of the studies this guy uses ...... which takes a real long time. Why this guy? Because I’m trying to see the other side and not just emotionally react..... which is really hard. But if a tonne of countries are adopting this policy, I’d like to be informed a bit (sorry, I don’t buy the puppet master theories... I just don’t).

But I find it better than watching cat videos.

It’s also good to remember that science isn’t a true-false or consensus thing. Which makes policy conclusions tough.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.theg...nge-scepticism

(Slowly becoming an ‘unfan’ of the Guardian.... it’s op-Eds are really starting to strain journalistic boundaries and becoming just rants. But this is interesting.

And yea.... ya can’t tax something to dissuade it’s use unless there’s a viable option around.... which there isn’t for me so stop it.

Wonder how many dog whistle hates imma gonna get for exploring alternate opinions.
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 06-08-2019, 10:28 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Lol too good!

Reminds us that there have been sheep since the dawn of time.
Now you blame it on sheeeeepppp.....

Works for me.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 06-08-2019, 10:47 AM

None of the climate change bunch ever mentions population, everyday 100,000 new souls join the party on our rock.
100K more mouths to feed and house means more energy consumed, no tax will stop or even slow down this growth.

Almost 8 billion now growing daily the climate is changing just as it has for the last 4 billion years the human lice will have to adapt or die.

https://www.worldometers.info/
Old 07-17-2019, 09:23 AM

July 17 camping at Slave Lake. Two nights ago it was plus 2 just north of here. This morning heater is on in the trailer. Oh please let global warming come soon.
Old 07-17-2019, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
None of the climate change bunch ever mentions population, everyday 100,000 new souls join the party on our rock.
100K more mouths to feed and house means more energy consumed, no tax will stop or even slow down this growth.

Almost 8 billion now growing daily the climate is changing just as it has for the last 4 billion years the human lice will have to adapt or die.

Agree. If we cannot manage our population we are in serious trouble - nature will eventually step in and sort it for us the hard way.

All the talk about climate change and yet never do they address the elephant in the room.
Old 07-17-2019, 10:44 AM

Seeing as it's the grand old lady, Mother Earth, we can't really say that the climate is changing, for at least 500 years. Just like some other women, she's known to go on rampages and then calm down , regularly.

Grizz
Old 07-17-2019, 11:02 AM
Banned

In part the 'dirty thirties' in Canada was was caused by a years long crippling drought in the prairies the decimated agriculture.
We recovered.
So climate change is not new...it's the cycle of the planet.
Not saying man doesn't affect it..but to blame it all on human activity is just plain fearmongering.
Old 07-23-2019, 08:49 AM

Default BS

Its all BS for big brother and uncle SAM. I do not see the states getting concerned much about it and pumping oil none stop
Old 07-23-2019, 12:25 PM

What extreme weather?
Old 07-23-2019, 12:42 PM

um... as per the GREEN new deal, the world will end in 10 years via climate change unless we ban all oil and gas usage starting now... are you even aware?
Old 07-23-2019, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macdrizzle View Post
um... as per the GREEN new deal, the world will end in 10 years via climate change unless we ban all oil and gas usage starting now... are you even aware?
Insects and birds will be gone as well. Just read the CBC as they have magically connected everything to climate change.
Old 07-23-2019, 03:21 PM

Default Climate change

We all need to do what Bessiedog is doing and read dozens of technical papers by broad range of scientists, hopefully most without an agenda. One junior scientist that even quit is not a reliable source for good peer reviewed science. Then draw your own conclusions, however listening to dozens of hunters and fisherman, trappers like myself on AO not very good scientific information source unless you want to know where to go hunting!!
Old 07-24-2019, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stLand View Post
Chemtrails and man-made weather manipulation is causing extreme weather.

If they can seed clouds to prevent hail, what else can they do that they aren't telling us about.
UH,Maybe you should read a science book about how the sun heats our planet but not any of the others?
Old 07-24-2019, 04:46 AM

I'm gonna blame trees, all the big ones decided to be lumber. I know people keep pointing at Boreal, but just not quite the same.

Oh yeah, and condoms. They clearly don't work. Way more people milling about than even one hundred years ago.

There's likely more, I just can't think up anything else.

Space garbage maybe?
Old 07-24-2019, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewM View Post
Is it real or cherry picking data to push a theory? Interesting article:

https://business.financialpost.com/o...cians-attacked
The last line of the article:
"Something has gotten scary and extreme, but it isn't the weather."
There's a bullxxxx emergency.
Old 07-24-2019, 09:06 PM

Didn't see this posted but interesting...

http://www.helsinkitimes.fi/finland/...gnificant.html

A new paper published by researchers form the University of Turku in Finland suggests that even though observed changes in the climate are real, the effects of human activity on these changes are insignificant. The team suggests that the idea of man made climate change is a mere miscalculation or skewing the formulas by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC).
Old 07-25-2019, 03:04 PM

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...ming-passes-99
Old 07-25-2019, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by osprey View Post
Any story that asks for money at the end always makes me nervous to trust it.
Old 07-26-2019, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMichaud View Post
Agree. If we cannot manage our population we are in serious trouble - nature will eventually step in and sort it for us the hard way.

All the talk about climate change and yet never do they address the elephant in the room.
Depending on the study you find, some predict populations to plateau around 2040/2050 at about 9 billion. Canada peaking at about 42 million. Largely due to rapidly decreasing birth rates. Some very interesting science on decreasing testosterone levels in western men out there as part of the reason for that.
Old 07-26-2019, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewM View Post
Any story that asks for money at the end always makes me nervous to trust it.
Haha, and "real" news outlets never charge anyone.
Old 07-30-2019, 12:41 PM

Great article worth reading about the hypocrisy of our government.

https://business.financialpost.com/o...box=1564483182
Old 07-30-2019, 04:10 PM

The climate has been continually getting warmer since the last Ice Age . Hell, 10,000 or so years ago we had a mile thick ice roof over us so i guess it's been getting increasingly warmer ever since .. just like an Alberta Spring.
The best way to stop the warming trend is to tax the Peons. The more the Tax, the faster it will slow down and eventually reverse.
Old 07-30-2019, 04:20 PM

This was a pretty good show explaining "The Climate Change Crisis".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA5sGtj7QKQ
Old 07-30-2019, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
Really tough to find answers for us beyond ‘what another guy says’.

I’ve always though that this is a problem.
Now I trying to take the time to look up studies and read them ( mostly the abstracts).... I’m busily chasing down a lot of the studies this guy uses ...... which takes a real long time. Why this guy? Because I’m trying to see the other side and not just emotionally react..... which is really hard. But if a tonne of countries are adopting this policy, I’d like to be informed a bit (sorry, I don’t buy the puppet master theories... I just don’t).

But I find it better than watching cat videos.

It’s also good to remember that science isn’t a true-false or consensus thing. Which makes policy conclusions tough.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.theg...nge-scepticism

(Slowly becoming an ‘unfan’ of the Guardian.... it’s op-Eds are really starting to strain journalistic boundaries and becoming just rants. But this is interesting.

And yea.... ya can’t tax something to dissuade it’s use unless there’s a viable option around.... which there isn’t for me so stop it.

Wonder how many dog whistle hates imma gonna get for exploring alternate opinions.
Better than reading your posts!
Old 07-30-2019, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post

^^^^ THIS!
When I went to High school the world population was around 3.5 billion.
It's now pretty close to twice that.
So more people = more fuel, less trees, more CO2 in the atmosphere.
So barring another great plague (reduced the population by by between 50 & 70%) we're pretty much boinked

PS Note how many children Mr "i'm progressive and I care deeply about climate change and the environment" has - him and David "i know much more than you about everything" Suzuki
Old 07-31-2019, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip View Post
Yes I'd like to hear how this tid bit of info would be explained...maybe we should make the carbon tax retroactive so it cleans some of the mess from previous years...just a thought!
Zip
For people wondering about the dust bowl conditions in the 30s it was primarily due to over farming during World War I combined with a drought. The great depression resulted from the shortage in food and collapse of the economy at the same time.

We primarily don't get dust bowl conditions now because DR. Lawrence Kirk introduced a heat resistant wheat grass that would endure the dust bowl conditions and people planted it everywhere. Also better farming practices like crop/field rotation are used to prevent the soil from becoming depleted and loose.
Old 12-28-2019, 07:24 PM

Exclamation No doubt that it is hot downunder.

Here is an interesting look at the statements by the media and the Australian Bureau of Meteorology regarding the recent weather events in Australia. The video is 10:48, well worth the time to see how they misrepresent the data to fit their current narrative.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxJTZvRl13Q

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell