Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 05-27-2008, 09:23 PM

Default Remington AccuTip's anyone?

Well tried a few different cartridges out of the 243 now, and the 95gn Remington AccuTips are shooting VERY tight! Even had the little lady shooting it and she put up a 3 shot group of about 1.5".....first time shooting a scoped rifle! Personally, I think she's been shooting behind my back.....

Anyway, tried 85gn Barnes and 100gn Sierra's aswell. Sierra's were #2 and then the Barnes #3. Has anyone here used the Accutip's hunting, and how was the performance? I'm a little concerned about the penetration from these little guys. I am yet to try the Scirocco's, but the are only 90gn, I'd prefer to keep it to the 95-100gn range. My primary use for it will be yotes and wolves, but suppose the new found sharp shooter will likely try her hand at deer with it come fall.

Appreciate any input
Old 05-27-2008, 09:38 PM
Gone Hunting

I think that you don't need premier bullets in 243 unless you after bigger ungulates. My son shot mule deer doe at 253 meters with 100 gr. Rem Core-Lock. IMR 4350 42.0 grains handload...
I am working on 85 gr TSX and 62 gr Varmint Grenade but the weather is not cooperating....

150 TTSX vs Goat-WOW
http://youtu.be/37JwmSOQ3pY
Old 05-27-2008, 10:34 PM

Default accutips

I shot two bucks last fall, one at 80 yards and one at 220 yards with 120 gr accutips in 260 Remington, a lot of internal damage in the heart/lung area with a small exit hole. Will be using them again next fall, they work as well as any other tipped bullet out there.
wayne
Old 05-28-2008, 06:52 AM

They are nothing more than Nosler Ballistic Tips.(in Big Green darg)
Consider any results with either Ballistic Tips, or Winchester Ballistic Silver Tips to be exactly the same bullet.

There are no absolutes