Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 03-18-2010, 12:05 PM

Default Tuning Adjustments

When trying to adjust my sighting arrangement for better arrow flight, is it better to adjust the arrow rest or pins or peep. How do you know which to adjust first or is it trial & error? Which one is best to adjust which flight problem?
Old 03-18-2010, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracker View Post
When trying to adjust my sighting arrangement for better arrow flight, is it better to adjust the arrow rest or pins or peep. How do you know which to adjust first or is it trial & error? Which one is best to adjust which flight problem?
adjust your arrow rest and d loop if you have one. adjusting the sights and peep will have no effect on the way the arrows fly. Adjusting the sights is what you need to do to make the arrow hit at a certain distance.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:44 PM

yep adjust your rest first as long as your D loop is in the right spot. Make sure you have things rough centered then start making small adjustments 1/8" or less at a time to your rest until you get good flight, then you can sight in by moving your pins.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:44 PM
Banned

It all depends on what the problem is, is it Arrow flight(nocking point and or rest, Cam adjustment-Better left to the pros if it is string twisting, Tiller is out). If you can get a consistent group, and your paper tune comes out good, you could move your sight pins.If your peep is in an uncomfortable spot you could move it. If your paper tune comes out good, and CAN"T shoot a group(THIS IS MY PROBLEM) shooter error(Griping riser at point of release creating torque, griping release creating torque, no follow through)habits are hard to break I know first hand. Hope this helps
Old 03-18-2010, 08:55 PM

Default Video Camera

The neatest thing to do is to watch yourself shoot. Set up your video camera and record yourself shooting three arrows. They do this in golf and charge you big bucks. You would not believe what you see! I would swear that I was not throttling the grip, but lo and behold!
Old 03-19-2010, 10:06 AM

I like the idea of the video camera solocam3, that would deff give you the truth about bad habits while shooting. Gonna have to check into that soon. It's always good to be able to perfect or at least try to perfect your form and get consistant wit it.