Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 05-08-2014, 04:15 AM

Default Anyone looking for an extra pair of hands?(Red Deer Area)

Anyone looking for an extra pair of hands checking traplines and skinning in the Red Deer Area? I'm looking to do some volunteer work to get the skill set I need. I'm a determined, hard worker. The only problems that arise for me are transportation and my bad leg, but I'm sure I can find a way to come out at least one a week and as long as I'm allowed to sit down for a few minutes every few hours, I'm fine, hah.

Looking to get into taxidermy as a hobby, mostly coyote and fox right now, legally hunted. I want to get my trappers license in the future when I have my own land and can actually run traplines, but I might as well get the skill set now. That's my take on it, anyways. I'm not afraid to get dirty, whether it's blood, fat or mud that's flying, hah.

I'v done a lot of studying through videos and books but I think it's time to get up close and personal. Watching someone skin and flesh first hand is always better than ten year old videos, and getting the experience checking and setting trap lines would be great.

So anyways, yeah. If you're in the Red Deer area and looking for an extra pair of hands, let me know and I'll try to get everything figured out transportation wise and the like. Thankyou, and have a good day.