Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-17-2018, 11:26 AM

Default Poor battery life on Samsung S3-S6 phones

Thought this might be of interest to a number of people as it is apparently a common complaint with smart phones, not just Samsung.

Was having a lot of problems with my S3 phone going prematurely dead the last while. Could not leave it overnight or it would flatten the battery and auto shut off. Since the phone is 3 years old I figured it needed a new battery. As luck would have it, while I was Googling for a replacement I came across a number of threads talking about this exact thing.

Turns out there are a bunch of background apps that like to suck a lot of power even if you aren't using them. Followed the instructions on the websites and shut off a bunch of Samsung built in Apps like Samsung Cloud, Samsung push etc. Left the phone 15 hours overnight, not plugged in, still have better than 60% battery. BIG improvement over the 4-5 hours it was lasting.

Hope others find this useful.
Old 11-18-2018, 07:23 AM
Banned

Maybe post up a link to the thread/article?
Old 11-18-2018, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottmisfits View Post
Maybe post up a link to the thread/article?
Sorry, I am not your private secretary. Google Samsung S3 Battery Problems. There is a whole raft of articles, far more than I want to drop links into here for. All the best.
Old 11-18-2018, 01:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
Sorry, I am not your private secretary. Google Samsung S3 Battery Problems. There is a whole raft of articles, far more than I want to drop links into here for. All the best.
Defensive much?

Just an unwritten rule to give links when you bring up a topic. It’s ok, I can do it. I understand only wanting to be half helpful.
I will google it. Maybe some will apply to the current thread about batteries and cold as well.
Old 11-18-2018, 01:05 PM
Banned

For those that may be interested, here is one link. It goes from batteries, to cables being quality, to checking background apps such as Dean has suggested.
Old 11-18-2018, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottmisfits View Post
Defensive much?

Just an unwritten rule to give links when you bring up a topic. It’s ok, I can do it. I understand only wanting to be half helpful.
I will google it. Maybe some will apply to the current thread about batteries and cold as well.
Entitled much? Mustn't fail to adhere to all rules, even unwritten ones. Must also never fall even a millimeter short of the expectations of some guy I have never met. Jeesh.

P.S. There is NO LINK in your subsequent post!
Old 11-18-2018, 02:40 PM
Banned

You're right Dean, it didnt go through when I posted it. No entitlement here, I just dont know where your anger came from you aren't normally one of "those guys" on here
Old 11-18-2018, 02:41 PM
Banned

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...rain-fast.html

There it is
Old 11-18-2018, 05:16 PM

Ya, provably do owe u an apology. I have been away from the forum the last 3 weeks hunting. I was reading a bunch of the threads I missed while away. While not angry I was pretry annoyed by the number of people posting that seemed to be expecting to be spoon fed with no work or effort or payback on their part. It really did reduce my willingness to be helpful or even pleasant. Guess I forgot how often this happens on here becuase it would normally be spread out over a few weeks. Unfortunately I read your ask for a link in the same vain and that wasn't fair. Sorry about that.
Old 11-18-2018, 07:05 PM
Banned

As j said, you're not one of "those guys" and doesn't happen from you. It's all good.