Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 08-25-2019, 02:38 PM

Default Wet Wading Shoes

I had a pair of light hikers that dried out quickly and were grippy enough most of the time, but they have finally given up the ghost. I liked that once I had made it to my spot I didn't have to change my shoes. What do you guys tend to wear for wet wading?
Old 08-25-2019, 03:26 PM

Same thing, bought a pair of hikers on sale($100) this spring and they’ve held up well(30+ days on the water). Just as good of a grip as wading boots, I had Korkers before.

I’m never paying for overpriced fly fishing gear ever again
Old 08-25-2019, 03:51 PM

Just where my regular wading boots and neoprene socks with bare feet .Works great as my wading boots are Simms vapours and is pretty close to a hiking boot.
Old 09-01-2019, 12:02 AM

Would love to get a pair of real wading boots to use just like you said, with the neoprene socks and some shorts. Maybe once I can invest in some real waders. Yeah Jreed I dithered but I ended up getting a pair of salomon water shoes on sale. Hopefully they'll see some use before the seasons over
Old 09-01-2019, 08:01 AM

Default Wading boots with Neoprene socks x2

I wet wade all the time and hike to very remote places most times I fish. I find that the best thing is my patagonia foot tractors with simms neoprene socks, never had a blister and never felt tired! Also this way I don't need a special set of shoes for wet wading and neoprene socks are tall enough that I get some protection on my lower legs from thorns and low branches.

Hopefully the weather holds and I get to wet wade again this season!
Old 09-07-2019, 07:51 AM

Canadian Tire had a sale on Outbound waterproof midrise hikers for $30.

Picked myself up a pair so I can wet wade when I hike up creeks.

Tired of putting on my neoprene waders. I sweat like a pig in them and then the smell is awful
Old 09-08-2019, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcoderre View Post
I wet wade all the time and hike to very remote places most times I fish. I find that the best thing is my patagonia foot tractors with simms neoprene socks, never had a blister and never felt tired! Also this way I don't need a special set of shoes for wet wading and neoprene socks are tall enough that I get some protection on my lower legs from thorns and low branches.

Hopefully the weather holds and I get to wet wade again this season!

How far would you hike in that configuration? I have never hiked in my wading boots and neoprene socks for long distances for concerns of getting blisters. Would love to not have to carry my wading boots and socks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-08-2019, 05:12 PM

Default Wet wading shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stLand View Post
Canadian Tire had a sale on Outbound waterproof midrise hikers for $30.

Picked myself up a pair so I can wet wade when I hike up creeks.

Tired of putting on my neoprene waders. I sweat like a pig in them and then the smell is awful
I have a pair of them, and like them a lot.
Old 09-09-2019, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason.seaward View Post
How far would you hike in that configuration? I have never hiked in my wading boots and neoprene socks for long distances for concerns of getting blisters. Would love to not have to carry my wading boots and socks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll easily hike 10km or more. Because the socks stay wet and are neoprene they are essentially self lubricating. Never had a blister even after a 15+km day.
Old 09-10-2019, 09:32 AM

The last couple years for hiking and wet wading I've been using a pair of highly breathable Salomon hiking shoes. Salomon shoes have a very grippy and rigid sole and the uppers are mostly mesh so they dry out really quickly. I used to use goretex hikers but found my feet would be wet for days, breathable shoes dont have that problem.
Old 09-18-2019, 08:29 PM

I picked up a pair ofhttps://www.simmsfishing.com/shop/me...uder-boot-felt during wholesale sports close out sale and found I like them so much I tend to wear them out quadding during the warmer summer days. They are light weight and comfortable

Who are you going to blame when all the ohv's are gone and the fish are still dieing
Old 09-29-2019, 05:16 PM

I picked up my korker dark horse boots from the fishing hole. They've been pretty awesome so far. I like the interchangeable soles. I switch between the carbide spikes and the rubber they come with. The soles for nicely into the back of my vest too