Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-06-2020, 10:50 AM

Default Are these statistics true?

Regarding police interactions in the US?

https://youtu.be/CMmB6h9SAEo

-Billy Molls
Old 06-06-2020, 01:27 PM

Default Are these statistics true?

"There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

https://public.wsu.edu/~taflinge/evistats.html
Old 06-06-2020, 01:45 PM

Does it really matter Chuck?
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 06-06-2020, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
Does it really matter Chuck?
Given the carnage and destruction happening because of it, yes!

-Billy Molls
Old 06-06-2020, 02:02 PM

Pretty sure you’ve decided already, because you posted it here.

So let’s just say it’s true ok?

Shapiro’s a very reliable source. Thanks for posting it.

He’s so bang on with stuff.
Old 06-06-2020, 02:04 PM

Quote:

You obviously have not watched it.

-Billy Molls
Old 06-06-2020, 02:06 PM

I have.

Seems

real

Reliable.

Again thanks for posting it. It’s really Awsome.

Last edited by bessiedog; 06-06-2020 at 02:12 PM.
Old 06-06-2020, 02:16 PM

It's got Ben Shapiro in it so I'll go with NO.

Larry Elder is usually quite accurate in everything I've seen him claim to date, he's a pretty logical gent. I believe he's an attorney. If I see an interview with him, I'll watch it. The YouTube host Dave Rubin credits an interview with Elder as being the epiphany that turned him away from the Democrats. I also enjoy Dave Rubin's show.

Quote:

Old 06-06-2020, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
It's got Ben Shapiro in it so I'll go with NO.
Ahh, can't get past the confirmation-bias enough to watch Ben then? That's precisely the problem when people turn away from taking in opposing viewpoints, of course you'll never change your mind about anything when you're actively keeping out other perspectives.

That being said, I can’t watch anything on the Rebel due to them being such creeps. However I would not categorize Shapiro as being anywhere comparable to that crew as I think he’s logical and not rife with hate, he can engage with opposing views and take down the opponents argument factually.

Last edited by CaberTosser; 06-06-2020 at 02:44 PM.
Old 06-06-2020, 02:24 PM

I cannot keep up with who's being sincere and who's being smarmy and who's being sarcastic. Maybe 4 drinks in the afternoon is to much.

Thomas Sowell
Old 06-06-2020, 02:29 PM

From the fair amount of reading I have done on this, I would say it is pretty darn accurate. You will also never see this on the main stream media like CNN because it does not further their agenda. This same topic is running in the gun section too and this is what I posted on there.

What I find just as interesting is the people who claim Canada is a racist country that heavily targets Blacks are ignoring a long history that tells a completely different story. They are buying into the revisionist history put out by the Media and special interest groups. The first non-Caucasian immigrants to Canada were in fact free Blacks that traveled to Canada with the French explorers in the late 1600s. The French settlers that followed in the early 1700s owned and brought Slaves with them when they settled in Canada. The English pretty much abolished the buying and selling of people when they conquered French Canada in 1763, refused to extradite slaves that escaped from the U.S. and specifically outlawed slavery throughout the British Empire in 1833. The British also made it possible for a large number of black loyalists to settle safely in Canada along with the large number of loyalist whites during the American Revolution.

Following that and in much larger numbers were the Chinese that came to Canada, first during the Gold Rush and then in large numbers when they were recruited for building the rail road in B.C. during the 1880s. Between the Chinese and the Japanese they faced far more discrimination and negative Government sanctions, legislation, restrictions, and in the case of the Japanese, internment during the second world war, than any other immigrant group. These legislated discriminatory practices persisted well into the 1960s. There is a great deal of background information in Wikipedia andd the History of Canada Website, that appears to not be well known by most Canadians.

I find it interesting that you never see Chinese and Japanese marching against the pervasive, long lasting and until the late 1960s, codified discrimination they suffered. There is no “Asian Lives Matter” movement. There is no pervasive or major friction between the Chinese/Japanese communities and the police. There are no violent demonstrations or demands for affirmative action. They have worked tirelessly and within the legal frameworks to redress their issue and both communities have been tremendously successful despite the many obstacles they have faced.

There has clearly been discrimination and racism in Canada over the past 300 years and it still exists. There is however a very large difference between the lives of Blacks in Canada and the lives of Blacks in the U.S., and for that matter most of the rest of the world. To put Canada into the same class as these other countries is patently ridiculous. It is pandering to the new status symbol of being a disadvantaged person and demanding attention because of it.
Old 06-06-2020, 02:53 PM

Without trying to confirm or refute the statistics, I do think that the police in the USA seem surprisingly ready to shoot unarmed people. I have been warned more than once by police officers I know to be very careful how I react during a traffic stop when I am visiting in the US--you know, keep your hands on the steering wheel, don't reach for anything until asked to, always say what you're reaching for. One retired officer (Canadian) told me that he is more nervous in the US than China when an officer approaches him.

I can't decide about racism in American police forces but they seem militarized and quick on the trigger to me.
Old 06-06-2020, 03:17 PM

Piker......

You talking bout your four drinks or my four drinks.

Hey... that makes 8 drinks.!

I just made a damn logical statistical argument.... yas!

But seriously
I love Shapiro because he makes the right and right arguments words for what the things I feel.
It’s like I not alone...and then I’ve got his arguments (which are Awsome and totally logical)
To use...... I think it saves me time.

I think we should all watch him. It’s wierd how his stuff popped up on my YouTube...

Providence I guess.

He’s right in the middle of the media spectrum.
Old 06-06-2020, 04:31 PM

I like Shapiro he says it like it is, relies on logic instead of Feelings like the lefties.

I also like Peterson for the same reasons.
Old 06-06-2020, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Piker......
I love Shapiro because he makes the right and right arguments words for what the things I feel.

Are you joking about his position in the middle?
Old 06-06-2020, 06:16 PM

Default Like him I do, but bias he is.

Quote:
Piker......

You talking bout your four drinks or my four drinks.

Hey... that makes 8 drinks.!

I just made a damn logical statistical argument.... yas!

But seriously
It’s like I not alone...and then I’ve got his arguments (which are Awsome and totally logical)
To use...... I think it saves me time.

I think we should all watch him. It’s wierd how his stuff popped up on my YouTube...

Providence I guess.

I can’t handle my liquor either. I’m a lightweight.
Old 06-06-2020, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarychef View Post
I like Shapiro he says it like it is, relies on logic instead of Feelings like the lefties.

I also like Peterson for the same reasons.
Both of these guys are favorites of mine. Young people need to listen and weigh what they say.

Thomas Sowell
Old 06-06-2020, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
Both of these guys are favorites of mine. Young people need to listen and weigh what they say.
You could hunt with me any time.

I’m sure most people who “don’t like them” haven’t really listened to what they’re saying.
Old 06-07-2020, 09:10 AM

Continuing on with Dean2’s comparison between other ethnicities aside from those of African heritage, such as the Chinese or East Indians and their approach to life, there is a huge divide in the social and economic success between groups who put all of their efforts into education, work and business pursuits, compared to those who put tons of effort into pushing grievance politics and/or living on social assistance. Of course there are significant exceptions to those generalizations, but it’s hard to not notice overall differences, especially with Toronto’s crime rate and the typical gang warfare shooter profile there. Even here in Calgary it’s hard not to notice demographic trends in the news when there is a shooting. I won’t deny that many have been mistreated or have had additional obstacles before them, but the politics of blaming people who have never oppressed them in the first place is not winning those people over to their side. This ‘white privilege’ brush that the far left like to tar people with is as divisive as all hell, I tend to shut those people up when I note that my white privilege must be broken because I’m often augering main sewers and clearing toilets for every & any ethnicity that calls me with such a request. But then, that’s just a grievance studies term anyways, and it’s just as prejudiced as any other ethnic slur. Talk to each other as equals and great things happen, choose to slander others and you get what you give.

Last edited by CaberTosser; 06-07-2020 at 09:20 AM.
Old 06-07-2020, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Continuing on with Dean2’s comparison between other ethnicities aside from those of African heritage, such as the Chinese or East Indians and their approach to life, there is a huge divide in the social and economic success between groups who put all of their efforts into education, work and business pursuits, compared to those who put tons of effort into pushing grievance politics and/or living on social assistance. Of course there are significant exceptions to those generalizations, but it’s hard to not notice overall differences, especially with Toronto’s crime rate and the typical gang warfare shooter profile there. Even here in Calgary it’s hard not to notice demographic trends in the news when there is a shooting. I won’t deny that many have been mistreated or have had additional obstacles before them, but the politics of blaming people who have never oppressed them in the first place is not winning those people over to their side. This ‘white privilege’ brush that the far left like to tar people with is as divisive as all hell, I tend to shut those people up when I note that my white privilege must be broken because I’m often augering main sewers and clearing toilets for every & any ethnicity that calls me with such a request. But then, that’s just a grievance studies term anyways, and it’s just as prejudiced as any other ethnic slur. Talk to each other as equals and great things happen, choose to slander others and you get what you give.
Ironically Ben Shapiro spells much of this out here in his latest video (third caller) This is also interesting as he addresses Canada’s gun ban as well (second caller).

https://youtu.be/2Vz5_bzzXtA

-Billy Molls
Old 06-07-2020, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post