Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-13-2019, 06:00 PM

Default Chip lake

I went and checked Chip out today but only glassing from from shore no boat or waders with me to do more than that. It seems like there is potential for hunting divers at the min. Only geese seen in fields were posted no hunting unfortunately but will keep scouting

Anyone hunt waterfowl on Chip lake before?

Outside of the campground is there access?

My understanding is it’s a really shallow lake is it wader friendly or loon crap bottom making a small boat a must?

I will continue to explore Chip regardless just new to the area and working out logistics for next season. All my old spots and waterfowl hunting partners are too far away since I moved so starting from scratch in a new area
Old 10-14-2019, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
I went and checked Chip out today but only glassing from from shore no boat or waders with me to do more than that. It seems like there is potential for hunting divers at the min. Only geese seen in fields were posted no hunting unfortunately but will keep scouting

Anyone hunt waterfowl on Chip lake before?

Outside of the campground is there access?

My understanding is it’s a really shallow lake is it wader friendly or loon crap bottom making a small boat a must?

I will continue to explore Chip regardless just new to the area and working out logistics for next season. All my old spots and waterfowl hunting partners are too far away since I moved so starting from scratch in a new area
Can’t help you as I don’t hunt migratory but maybe someone will chime in once this is bumped to the top. Good luck...
Old 10-14-2019, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
Can’t help you as I don’t hunt migratory but maybe someone will chime in once this is bumped to the top. Good luck...
Only time will tell

I will be burning lots of diesel finding new areas either way. I am also not the best waterfowl hunter still learning so I will be running on maximum effort and minimal skill lol
Old 10-15-2019, 08:43 PM

Default Chip

This has been discussed in a few threads. Do a search for some info. Lake isle is half the distance and alps full of ducks. Probably worth a look. You can access the islands from gainford launch with a small boat. Post your findings and success for everybody.
Cheers
Old 10-15-2019, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearNoFish View Post
This has been discussed in a few threads. Do a search for some info. Lake isle is half the distance and alps full of ducks. Probably worth a look. You can access the islands from gainford launch with a small boat. Post your findings and success for everybody.
Cheers
Thanks for the advice will scout it out but likely won’t hunt either till next year. I am OCD about doing my homework on my hunting so research things earlier then most

I did a search before posting but only 2 hunting related threads came up neither about waterfowl. Could be computers and I don’t get along well
Old 10-15-2019, 09:10 PM

Default Chip Lake

ooops