Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-01-2007, 12:22 AM
Tree Guy

Default Full Moon Stories!

OK, it took me two frigging hours to get my chip truck from the far east side of Calgary this afternoon, to the far west!>:

There were accidents everywhere all day! I am buddies with a fireman, and have known several police officers over the years and they ALL hate when the moon is full! Weird stuff happens when the moon is full!

I know that the lunar cycle influences hunting/fishing, and humans should also be affected.

Anyone have any good 'Full Moon' stories? Hunting/Fishing/Humans. Whatever. Let 'er rip!!:b

Tree
Old 05-01-2007, 01:04 AM
gunner 83

If you ever work in retail or some other job that has you dealing with lots of people, i swear when the full moon comes around people are always WAY more difficult to deal with. I don't know why, but really it is wierd
Old 05-01-2007, 10:49 AM
BigBullAdventures

After 20 years of bartending, I can assure you that the full moon brings out some characters. Things usually start getting weird about 2 days prior to the the full moon! It got to the point that I could tell a full moon was near, just by the way people were acting. Just ask any police officer or emergency medical personel; I'm sure they will agree.

BigBull
Old 05-01-2007, 12:51 PM
CBR hunter

Had my appendix blow up last year during the full moon, when we went to emerg had one nurse tell me to go home that it wasn't my appendix while another that booked me in gave me major $#^! for waiting a few days to come in! The hospital was crazy full and it sounded like there were many wierd happenings going on....but then again could have been all the morphine they were feeding me! When I walked out the next day I asked them if I could go to work that afternoon, kinda brought on a roar of laughter...3hrs later at home when the pain kicked in I knew why they were laughing :eek
Old 05-01-2007, 03:56 PM
shotgun

I am not sure if it is the full moon or not but every month for a few days my wife goes really nuts.....:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin
Old 05-01-2007, 06:34 PM
Tree Guy

Careful Shotgun, if she hears you say something like that you'll know if the moon is full or not because ya might be sleeping under it!

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin
Old 05-01-2007, 07:45 PM
Jammer1

I am a special ed teacher and yes, when the moon is full the kids are nuts!!!! yesterday was one of the worst days this year. I could fill a page of what they did yesterday! 3 bus suspensions and one in school suspension. And I was being very lenient too.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:52 AM
Duffy4

My wife teaches grade one (they call it year one in Aus.) and she doesn't have to look at the calendar to know when the moon is full. Her kids act strange.

That, and I guess me houling at the moon.

Robin in Rocky