Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-02-2007, 12:50 PM
gunner 83

Default who was it that worked on the highways

Just trying to remember who it was here that works on the highways in the Red Deer area. thanks
Old 05-02-2007, 01:07 PM
Okotokian

I spent my summers working as a "soilsman" for Alberta Transportation during university. Basically quality control for paving jobs. I did some highways around Trochu, Elnora, Stettler, Drumheller, and Brooks, as well as some places east of Edmonton. Not right in close to Red Deer though.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:52 PM
Davey Crocket

Havent heard from the Highwayman fer awhile, hes from Lacombe.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:04 AM
Tucumseh

Lil use to but I'm sure he's retired from them now.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:10 PM
highwayman

Still with the same contractor but out at Alix now as the contractor for highway 2 changed last August.

Ledcor works Alix, Stettler, Three Hills, Drum, Hanna, Oyen & points east on # 12 to the Sask border.

If I can help just post or send a PM ... would be glad to chat.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:50 PM
lilsundance

Ya Tuc is right. I spent 11 years with Alberta Transportation Bridge Crews. Built all kinds of bridges on highways and country roads. Come to think of it we even built a few where there were no roads. lol Yet anyhow. Then spent 5 years working for PineWest Maint. A highways Maint. contractor till they lost the contract in the rebid process. I went with the next contractor for 2 months. That was more than enough. The new foreman expected, like him, for everyone to foresake your family for the job. Wasn't long before I said " Take this job and shove it, I aint working here no more" lol