Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-21-2007, 12:14 AM
Duffy4

Default Rocky Rod & Gun Club schedule

Hope this is ok to post here. Memberships for the club are avalible at Timber Creek Outdoors at it new location.

Have a good one and come out to a shoot or three this year.

Robin
Old 05-01-2007, 12:26 AM
Duffy4

Did anyone go to the BIG BORE SHOOT on the 28th and 29th at the Rocky Range?? From what I hear there were guys from all over the place planning to attend. I went up to the Drayton Valley Gun Show on Sat. and then the weather got foul on Sun. and I didn't go to the range to check things out.

Robin in Rocky
Old 05-01-2007, 01:28 AM
Jamie Hunt

Duffy. Are your trap shoots just practice or is it a actual shoot?

Thanks
Jamie
Old 05-01-2007, 09:33 AM
Duffy4

Jamie
I'll check into it. I have not been really involved with the club shoots in the past. I do a lot of rifle shooting at the range by myself. And when I shoot a shotgun, I expect to be cooking something. (not clay)

Robin
Old 05-01-2007, 10:48 AM
Davey Crocket

Duffy, is there any charge, say a fella wanted to go watch the cowboy action, or archery events... spectators welcome sort of thing?
Old 05-01-2007, 11:16 AM
Kev

No charge to watch events. The only organized shoot I regularly go to is the defensive pistol. Newcomers always welcome there. Just promise to miss more than me.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:55 PM
graylake

I was there for the shoot on Sat.

It was a good shoot with about 10-12 people in attendance.

It was definately worth the drive. It is not everyday that a guy gets to shoot rifles in the 470 cal and bigger.

We are already planning the next shoot. I think it will be somewhere in B.C. since over half the people there were from B.C.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:19 PM
Grizzly Adams

The big event was mostly Sat. and we had about 8 to 10 guys and one very pregnant woman in attendence. :rollin a couple of guys came from as far as Sechelt. Calibers ranged from .500 A Square down to .375. For a couple of us it was probably the one chance ever to fire a really BIG rifle. Sure a nice facility you got there and, given the weather, the heated club house was much appreciated. One of your locals brought beef on a bun and our Cochrane Dutchman brought a pot of moose stew. A good time was had by all.