Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-02-2007, 07:26 PM
bruceba

Default Koda's new partner in crime.

I've had great success over the past 2 years with Koda that I decided he needed company. Along came Nixon a 7 week old chocolate and just as full of energy as Koda. If all goes well I'll add a black next spring. Koda's got 70 lbs on Nixon but is extremely gentle when they play together.

Old 05-02-2007, 08:42 PM
M70

Nice looking dogs there Bruceba. I'm just counting on my fingers here to figure out how old the young one will be by the fall. He might be a little young (and frustrating) for pheasants but probably a lot of fun on a duck hunt.

My lab retrieved her first duck before she turned eight months....... Too bad it was plastic and trailing a lead weight!
Old 05-02-2007, 09:11 PM
Southb

I have to say GREAT PICTURES :lol :lol good luck.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:30 PM
bruceba

M70
Nixon will be a little young at seven to eight months next bird season but he'll be along every step of the way. Koda was 2 in January and is fearless last year he was in the slough for over 1/2 an hour after 1 wounded goose that I couldn't get a finishing shot at but he retreived it. Koda at 10 months with his first goose and some of his ducks.

Old 05-03-2007, 06:00 AM
Dark Wing 01

Bruce i'm jealous cause I know my wife (Di) will never let me have another chocalate lab. Hope he's not an evil genious like buddy was.Have fun with him.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:59 AM
RyanGSP

Nonsense get him on those birds now and hell do great for you this season. Great looking pup I love the chocolates. Hope he does well for you. What Kennel is he outta?
Old 05-03-2007, 10:48 AM
Davey Crocket

Bruceba, awesome pics, only one problem though.. last nite while lookin at the pic of Nixon, my daughter casually strolled up to the monitor, and quickly fell in love with him/her. LOL... I had to make that pic my new background, or she wanted to take the monitor w/her to sleep at the foot of her bed! Looks like you have some great huntin partners.. Thx fer sharin.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:16 AM
CBR hunter

What a cute little guy. That first pic is adorable! You'll have a blast with the two of them, and I think he just might be able to get a few of his own come hunting season!