Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-17-2019, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Thats good goal. Ref was in the right spot to see it all the way.
That’s not the dispute. Of course it crossed the line. Had to go upstairs for 5 minutes to tell.
Old 03-17-2019, 10:28 PM

Bad call.
Old 03-17-2019, 10:31 PM

I truly cannot believe how bad, how blatantly wrong some calls are....suspiciously always in favor of some teams.

When a player is in the blue ice with his arm wrapped around the back of the goalie to hold him, while he watches the puck roll in....and it's a good frickin goal??????

If Flames play Vegas first round, you can bet which way the ice will get tipped.

Absolutely disgusting. Pure filth.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 03-17-2019, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Thats good goal. Ref was in the right spot to see it all the way.

The colour guy is a little heated...
We generally agree, but no way should that have been a good goal. Nope. Not with the right arm wrapped around kosk while the puck is still rolling, standing in blue paint. Interference all the way.

You want them calling goals like that when it's first round and Flames?

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 03-17-2019, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
I truly cannot believe how bad, how blatantly wrong some calls are....suspiciously always in favor of some teams.
Agreed.
Old 03-17-2019, 10:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
That’s not the dispute. Of course it crossed the line. Had to go upstairs for 5 minutes to tell.
I don't think the puck was ever covered. I also think he was pushed into the Goalie while the puck was loose. I THINK that puck was on top of his left pad and the ref saw it the whole time, thats why it was not blown down?

When Vegas was hugging your GT, the puck was beyond the chance of being saved?

It will be interesting to see if the NHL can explain it all.
Old 03-17-2019, 10:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
We generally agree, but no way should that have been a good goal. Nope. Not with the right arm wrapped around kosk while the puck is still rolling, standing in blue paint. Interference all the way.

You want them calling goals like that when it's first round and Flames?
UHHHH YESSSSSSSS

We both know who will be standing deep deep deep into the blue hugging, holding and molesting the GT. LOLOLOLOLOLOLO
Old 03-17-2019, 10:37 PM

It's not about the puck covered or loose, it's standing in the blue paint and wrapping his right arm around the goalie prior to the puck going in! If a player is on a break and you wrap the arm around him, it's holding or interference, every time!

Bad call.

Old 03-17-2019, 10:38 PM

Quote:
UHHHH YESSSSSSSS

We both know who will be standing deep deep deep into the blue hugging, holding and molesting the GT. LOLOLOLOLOLOLO
And Chucky will get called for it every time. Wrong jersey. These games are getting too rigged.

Old 03-17-2019, 10:40 PM
Banned

That crack you all heard was the backbone of the oilers breaking in 1/2...

That was a crappy give away. But like the announcers said, it really didn't matter.
Old 03-17-2019, 10:43 PM

Quote:
That crack you all heard was the backbone of the oilers breaking in 1/2...

That was a crappy give away. But like the announcers said, it really didn't matter.
They deflated after the crappy call. Was over.
Old 03-17-2019, 10:45 PM

Oh well. There’s still a 0.3% chance. Go oil!!!
Old 03-17-2019, 10:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Oh well. There’s still a 0.3% chance. Go oil!!!
I have you at .9% but might be off.
Old 03-17-2019, 10:51 PM

Koskinen had a bad night. What the hell was wrong with his glove hand. We can't continually give up a goal within 2 minutes of scoring. Big game Tuesday.
Old 03-18-2019, 05:29 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Wink

The sun will rise today oiler fans it can't stay Knight time for 24hrs.....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 03-18-2019, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
Koskinen had a bad night. What the hell was wrong with his glove hand. We can't continually give up a goal within 2 minutes of scoring. Big game Tuesday.

The game before he was shaky as well. Two posts and got caught out of his net twice when one goal was scored because of his wandering. He keeps playing like a backup that hasnt started for 5 or 6 games. Not what we need at all. Shouldn’t have signed him so soon and should have waited till July. Make him earn his contract down the stretch. Oh well...

Last edited by 1899b; 03-18-2019 at 06:28 AM.
Old 03-18-2019, 02:33 PM

Quote:
And Chucky will get called for it every time. Wrong jersey. These games are getting too rigged.
That's a load of bull. The Oilers put themselves in this position by their win/loss record. Same thing every year, lose a bunch of games and then hopefully squeak in. If you have to count on other teams losing for you to make the playoffs when you didn't play good enough during the season. Blaming it on the refs is a cop out. Don't get yourself in this position in the first place. Win more games and a questionable call will be irrelevant.There is a saying in the fight game " don't leave it to the judges"
Old 03-18-2019, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI 6.5 View Post
That's a load of bull. The Oilers put themselves in this position by their win/loss record. Same thing every year, lose a bunch of games and then hopefully squeak in. If you have to count on other teams losing for you to make the playoffs when you didn't play good enough during the season. Blaming it on the refs is a cop out. Don't get yourself in this position in the first place. Win more games and a questionable call will be irrelevant.There is a saying in the fight game " don't leave it to the judges"
So if the top team in the west and top in the east end up playing to game 7 of the Stanley cup finals, a bad call is made, who do you blame? That’s right. Whoever made the call. Same applies to what he was referring to.
Old 03-18-2019, 02:58 PM

Quote:
So if the top team in the west and top in the east end up playing to game 7 of the Stanley cup finals, a bad call is made, who do you blame? That’s right. Whoever made the call. Same applies to what he was referring to.
We are not talking about game seven of the Stanley Cup Finals. Refs are human and sometimes make questionable calls, no different than any other sport. Ask the New Orleans Saints. My point is the Ollers are having a less than stellar season and one crappy call if it was one in the first place should not make a difference if they played better. Losers like to make excuses and blame it on the refs or say the games are rigged. If they had to play better they wouldn't have to worry about one call making the difference in winning a game.
Old 03-18-2019, 03:04 PM

Quote:
If they had to play better they wouldn't have to worry about one call making the difference in winning a game.
Do you realize how close hockey games are? So many overtime’s and shoot outs etc? I’m here to tell you a fact. One bad call can and does determine outcomes of games. Whether it results in a momentum change or a straight up goal, bad call can and do change games. You don’t know what you are talking about. That’s all.
Old 03-18-2019, 03:06 PM

Quote:
We are not talking about game seven of the Stanley Cup Finals. Refs are human and sometimes make questionable calls, no different than any other sport. Ask the New Orleans Saints. My point is the Ollers are having a less than stellar season and one crappy call if it was one in the first place should not make a difference if they played better. Losers like to make excuses and blame it on the refs or say the games are rigged. If they had to play better they wouldn't have to worry about one call making the difference in winning a game.
Yeah, us 'losers' blame the refs for the Oilers season....and I'm not even an Oilers fan. But I don't shoot a 6.5 either, so I'm a double loser for sure.

Anyway, refs make bad calls, and you live with it....unless there is a five minute review, on a goalie interference call, and they have the opportunity to correct a bad call. I don't give a rip about the Oilers losing the season away, or anything else that happened in that game. I object to bad officiating, especially when it is reviewed, and they get the call wrong twice. No excuse for it. And the call wouldn't have made a lick of difference to the game, it was going to be lost to the better team. Still, bad calls are bad calls.

That's just a 'losers' opinion, not a good qualified 'winners' opinion like a guy who shoots a 6.5 of course, so not really worth the time it takes to read it.

Old 03-18-2019, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Do you realize how close hockey games are? So many overtime’s and shoot outs etc? I’m here to tell you a fact. One bad call can and does determine outcomes of games. Whether it results in a momentum change or a straight up goal, bad call can and do change games. You don’t know what you are talking about. That’s all.
Again its makes no difference as far as the Oilers are concerned. One questionable call is not going to determine their whole season and is not the difference in making the playoffs or not. They have nobody to blame but themselves. I do realize how close the games are and how it can determine the outcome.
Old 03-18-2019, 03:29 PM

There have been a ton of bad calls this year, seems more so than normal.

This is the one that really stands out to me. Sharks winning, Boston scores with less than two minutes left and then win in overtime. A call like this can definitely lose you a game.

Link
Old 03-18-2019, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Again its makes no difference as far as the Oilers are concerned. One questionable call is not going to determine their whole season and is not the difference in making the playoffs or not. They have nobody to blame but themselves. I do realize how close the games are and how it can determine the outcome.
You are still wrong. Was still a possibility the oilers could make the playoffs. Bad calls can affect that. Not everyone flys into the playoffs. There’s a big handful of teams fighting tooth and nail to get in. Regardless of season performance.
Old 03-18-2019, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Refs are human, to be honest the NHL refs make the right call on the ice more often then not. Bad calls go both ways, sometimes you can win a game by a bad call in your favor and sometimes you can lose a game due to a bad call in your favor.

Unfortunately you can't control what the ref does and doesn't do. You can only control your own actions and abilities. It sucks if a game is decided by a ref, but in all honesty, there is probably only a handful of games in history where a game has been decided by a bad call. Probably numerous times in those games where the teams could have put the game in there own hands.

Just look at how many offside replays we have too look at where you can barely tell on the replay in slow motion/freeze that the skate is on the ice and even then it is tough to tell. Yet the refs make the call in real time, while trying to get out of the way, be aware of pucks etc. NHL Refs do an excellent job, sucks when a call goes against your team, but it happens. Your actions after those calls speak volumes.

As someone else stated if the Oilers season is done due to one call in an 82 game season, there are other issues that you need to look at internally first.

I could possibly be convinced there is a conspiracy in the war room in Toronto against Canadian teams, but that is a whole different topic.
Old 03-18-2019, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Yeah, us 'losers' blame the refs for the Oilers season....and I'm not even an Oilers fan. But I don't shoot a 6.5 either, so I'm a double loser for sure.

Anyway, refs make bad calls, and you live with it....unless there is a five minute review, on a goalie interference call, and they have the opportunity to correct a bad call. I don't give a rip about the Oilers losing the season away, or anything else that happened in that game. I object to bad officiating, especially when it is reviewed, and they get the call wrong twice. No excuse for it. And the call wouldn't have made a lick of difference to the game, it was going to be lost to the better team. Still, bad calls are bad calls.

That's just a 'losers' opinion, not a good qualified 'winners' opinion like a guy who shoots a 6.5 of course, so not really worth the time it takes to read it.
I do agree a bad call is a bad call but you have the human factor and sometimes it happens, to every team in every sport. Sorry I shoot several calibers other than a 6.5. Its just a name.
Old 03-18-2019, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderek View Post
Refs are human, to be honest the NHL refs make the right call on the ice more often then not. Bad calls go both ways, sometimes you can win a game by a bad call in your favor and sometimes you can lose a game due to a bad call in your favor.

Unfortunately you can't control what the ref does and doesn't do. You can only control your own actions and abilities. It sucks if a game is decided by a ref, but in all honesty, there is probably only a handful of games in history where a game has been decided by a bad call. Probably numerous times in those games where the teams could have put the game in there own hands.

Just look at how many offside replays we have too look at where you can barely tell on the replay in slow motion/freeze that the skate is on the ice and even then it is tough to tell. Yet the refs make the call in real time, while trying to get out of the way, be aware of pucks etc. NHL Refs do an excellent job, sucks when a call goes against your team, but it happens. Your actions after those calls speak volumes.

As someone else stated if the Oilers season is done due to one call in an 82 game season, there are other issues that you need to look at internally first.

I could possibly be convinced there is a conspiracy in the war room in Toronto against Canadian teams, but that is a whole different topic.
I get that. That’s not my point. This started when 6.5 said bad calls don’t decide games. They do.
Old 03-18-2019, 04:04 PM

The reffing has been just a bit more than "sketchy" this year...and I agree with TC...the review gives them a chance to reverse a bad decision...how they seem to uphold clearly bad calls (note...we ALL see the replays and I bet most of us get the game and it's rules, we are, in fact, born and raised in Canada) suggests that some are not qualified to ref at an NHL level or there is bias in their calls.
I thought that adding another ref to the mix (two linesmen - two refs) would make the calls better...seems to have gotten worse IMHO.
edit...it makes no difference what kind of season the Oilers are having...a bad call that may change A game that COULD potentially take them out of the playoffs could cost them millions!!! Refs should be better.

And, as another point...I'm sick of hearing about the "Wideman Effect"...if a ref...ANY ref, makes a call based on anything other than the play at hand they should be fired...period.

Last edited by HoytCRX32; 03-18-2019 at 04:10 PM.
Old 03-18-2019, 04:05 PM
Banned

Calls come and go. (Unless you have a guy named Wideman on your team)
Then the refs really pull together for a little payback.

Honestly, the playoffs have been a pipe dream for a bit now. The oilers chances of making the playoffs have been under 5% for around 30 days.

I would say Chicago could be a Dark horse to make it. They have 4 out of 10 games against teams they are directly chasing.

Colorado has 3 against teams above and 2 against Chicago.

Min has 2 Against above teams (And only has 9 left)

So, who drops out of the wild card? Dallas or Phoenix? This is just a thought but I think Dallas drops back and Chicago gets in with Phoenix.

Edmonton is more than road kill in the final stretch however. I don't believe that Hitch or Mcjesus would allow for that.
Old 03-18-2019, 04:08 PM

Quote:
I get that. That’s not my point. This started when 6.5 said bad calls don’t decide games. They do.
Not to sound like a broken record but I do realize bad calls can decide a game but in the Oiler's case they have bigger problems than a bad call, that's on them not the refs.