Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-21-2007, 08:26 AM
Shrubs

Default Gull and Sylvan

Last few years I've found them to be really slow for whatever reason especialy gull. Is it just me or have others been exerienced the same thing? I think I'm gonna start fishin south buck more regularly, anyone been out there this year yet?

Shrubs
Old 12-21-2007, 09:19 AM

Shrubs

We hammered them all last year on both Gull & Sylvan. I have been to Gull 2 times so far this Ice season and as did good on the Ling. A lil slow on the Perch and the Whites yet though. Went to Half Moon bay at Sylvan 2 days ago for the afternoon. Iced 4 Whites and one lil Walleye in 35 Foot of Water. The last White was a nice keeper size but that day i was just practicing catch and release. I am back out again this afternoon so i will let you know how it was.

Mudder
Old 12-21-2007, 05:21 PM
Shrubs

Hey Mudder

What do you fish for the most?
Old 12-21-2007, 09:23 PM

Shrubs

Today i just targeted Whites as i always do at Half Moon Bay. Landed 3 keepers Whites with the first likely being the biggest White i have ever taken in Sylvan. I have caught alot of Whites in that lake and this was by far the biggest i have taken. Thought i was on Gull Lake for a minute....lol. I would say i had at least another 12 to 15 hits this afternoon. Not too bad for 4 hours out i would say. Sure beat the heck out of sitting in Red Deer.

Mudder
Old 12-23-2007, 10:16 AM

Default Gull Lake

Took my brother out with me yesterday to Gull and were fishing in about 7ft of water and managed to get 5 whites and 2 perch, the water was sure murky thought it was a challange just to see your hook.
Old 12-23-2007, 06:26 PM
TundraBuck

Went to Sylvan today ended up with 8 smaller whites on the ice, a burbot, 2 pike, and 2 guys limit of 12 inch perch.
Old 12-23-2007, 07:31 PM

sounds like you had a great day. Just wondering how deep you were fishing when you caught the perch?
Old 12-23-2007, 09:10 PM
TundraBuck

We were all over til we finally found them in about 38 feet. Also caught most of the whites out deep and lost lots.