Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-21-2017, 08:26 AM

Makes sense what your saying. It may seem like I want quick and easy but I 100% understand it’s not. It’s just to have someone who knows elk hunting well to correct the mistakes I’m gonna make my first time out. I don’t wanna know the honey holes or the secret spots. But for someone to take me out where there’s maybe elk around and just give me a few pointers. I’m sure there’s someone like me who loves being out in the bush trying to spot some animals. And yes I have packed quarters of moose out by hand before. My last moose I shot I had to pack the meat out a kilometre to my quad. I know it’s not far but I have packed meat out. And also packed a mule deer out of the bush almost 2 miles because my idiot brother got the quad stuck coming to get it lol. I’m honestly not trying to ask for someone to give up there whole life experience to help me get an elk and I apologize if I came of that way In my text. I just want a day hunt or 2 with some pointers.
Old 10-21-2017, 08:29 AM

No offense man but you've hunted moose and deer for many many years but you don't know when elk rut. like most guys are saying I've got a quarter of land and some prime elk country but it is very few people I want to bring up and hunt with me because of the problem of the people coming back the next year with more people and more people and more people .there is no elk around Fox Creek where you hunt Moose anyway good luck.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 10-21-2017, 08:39 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meateatr View Post
Yea I should have paid more attention. I guess it is called “ Alberta” outdoorsmen. Haven’t met a decent Albertan yet lol. Where I’m from it ain’t about “this is my spot” or “ I’m not showing you what I know”. It’s about the pleasure of helping people out. Last year I met a guy at bass pro getting hunting gear. I asked him what he’s going for. He said he has a draw for fox creek for Moose but never been moose hunting nor to fox creek. I offered to take a week off work and tag along cuz I have hunted moose in fox creek for many years and I love hunting, even if its with someone getting their own animal. I love joining the hunt and learning new things every time I go. I showed him all the spots where I had the best luck with Moose and it cost me a week from work and the bill for my own food. I didn’t even ask for any meat. He offered a quarter, all I accepted was an invite for a cook up of moose one evening and a couple cold beer.
You haven't met a "decent" Albertan yet???..nice.. in the last number of years the population here has exploded..our wait times for draws have doubled and tripled. Lots of us have seen "our" favorite spots over run with quads and hunters..and they are all looking for their first moose or first Elk etc., so people are naturally shy about showing anyone where their spots are that took them a lot of boot leather to find. The best advice you can get is to study the harvest surveys and pick an area that is reasonably close to your home and "learn" the area, find some sign and figure out when and why the animals are in that area..most of this home work is done long before the middle of October
Old 10-21-2017, 08:45 AM

And where I'm from (Alberta), we don't blanket insult the entire province's population.

I think you insulted several decent Albertans with your second last post.

I've tried to be polite. But I'm out of here.

(I knew I shoulda got up earlier and went chasin critters.. This'll learn me)
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 10-21-2017, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Yea I should have paid more attention. I guess it is called “ Alberta” outdoorsmen. Haven’t met a decent Albertan yet lol. Where I’m from it ain’t about “this is my spot” or “ I’m not showing you what I know”. It’s about the pleasure of helping people out. Last year I met a guy at bass pro getting hunting gear. I asked him what he’s going for. He said he has a draw for fox creek for Moose but never been moose hunting nor to fox creek. I offered to take a week off work and tag along cuz I have hunted moose in fox creek for many years and I love hunting, even if its with someone getting their own animal. I love joining the hunt and learning new things every time I go. I showed him all the spots where I had the best luck with Moose and it cost me a week from work and the bill for my own food. I didn’t even ask for any meat. He offered a quarter, all I accepted was an invite for a cook up of moose one evening and a couple cold beer.
I tried to be VERY polite in my post and even helpful. I ALMOST felt like maybe you were better than your initial posts came across then you post the above.
Quote:
Haven't met a decent Albertan yet
Where was the guy you met in BP from? Pleasure of helping others out only applies if they don't turn around and give it to you up the butt. From your disdain of Albertans you give no one reason to believe you won't do it too.

I am headed out tomorrow for 4 weeks in the bush. Sure not going to miss grabby, self entitled, I want what I want and it is your duty to give it to me or you aren't decent, knot heads like you. I am so done with these type of threads.
Old 10-21-2017, 09:52 AM

Is this a joke thread?
You really asked a bunch of strangers to take you elk hunting and then bashed them all for politely saying "no"...

Had you asked for elk hunting tactics in the post rut you would have got gobs of information. Now you just look like a spoiled child screaming and stomping your feet because you didn't get what you want.
Old 10-22-2017, 09:29 PM

Quote:

Hunting moose in Fox for years and never saw an elk? Don’t feed the troll fellas!
Old 10-22-2017, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiz View Post
Hunting moose in Fox for years and never saw an elk? Don’t feed the troll fellas!
No kidding!

LC
Old 10-22-2017, 09:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
No kidding!

LC
They're all in the saddle hills. Why would they be in fox creek. Unless they're coming up from rmh.