Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bull View Post
Check out The Fitzhugh's Facebook page for some expert views!
oooh boy that was entertaining. Similar to the Bow Valley facebook page that was in an uproar when that relocated Grizz was harvested last week by a BC hunter.
Old 10-06-2017, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyhunter View Post
This is a fn joke! This cannot be a real thing?
Pun intended?
Old 10-06-2017, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickwilly View Post
I never had plans to hunt a national park, so when I hear somebody is, I say good. Doesn't take one iota away from me, so why would I care?

Can't believe hunters would be on here demanding that other hunters lose their opportunity because its not fair. Jeez whiz folks, life isn't fair.

Talk about dividing the hunting community...

The hunting community has been divided for a very very long time! If you think there is unity, you are mistaken. Can't even hunt a spot anymore without someone else coming along and spoiling your hunt.

There shouldn't be hunting in the national park. The land was to be preserved for everyone to enjoy....perhaps if aboriginals wish to hunt there they should do it in the manner it was undertaken in years past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-06-2017, 10:17 AM

Why has this been kept quiet and why will the hunt area be closed to the public? If this hunt is something that the federal government, natives, and the parks are proud of, they should be promoting, not hiding this event.

Gerry Burnie
Old 10-06-2017, 10:17 AM

"As conservation and public safety are shared priorities for Parks and the Simpcw First Nation"

But why close off the area to others? So even the government is admitting they can't be trusted to hunt public land with others around.. going to be a firing squad out there. Wonder if they'll have COs around enforcing the 200m road rule..
Old 10-06-2017, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyksta View Post
Why would they get horses? Horses were brought to North America from Europe. The only horses here before that are estimated to have been extinct at the same time as wooly mammoth. A traditional hunt would not include horses or firearms. Those are all introduced by settlers. They can do it on foot, with homemade clothes and homemade bows.
Why do they get to shoot elk? Elk weren't here when they traditionally hunted the area.
Old 10-06-2017, 12:27 PM

This should hit every news outlet out there. Incredible!

The states has gun control issues ...... We have FN , talk about discrimination.

I hope their pleased with their Pictures and ceremonies with what have come to be Tame animals. A true challenge to a Hunter. Wow.
Old 10-06-2017, 12:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadasnowman View Post

The states has gun control issues ...... We have FN , talk about discrimination.

I hope their pleased with their Pictures and ceremonies with what have come to be Tame animals. A true challenge to a Hunter. Wow.

As pointed out by WB, this here little pen shoot is the tip of the iceberg for what our government is in the works of silently doing under our noses. It seems no media outlet is willing to expose the master plan, and the politicians are keeping their mouths shut as well.

Can you picture a land where everywhere looks like a reserve? Keep in mind, beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess.
Old 10-06-2017, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadasnowman View Post

I just emailed CTV news with this story and a few links. We'll see if they decide to take this on or not.
Old 10-06-2017, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrit View Post
To bad the government will never draw a line and say enough and start taking the special privalges away from fn people which in turn would help them. For now we have to put up with there long forgotten hard ships that require us to pay with our hard earned tax money. So they will shoot some animals that are more like pets if pictures get out of the hunt taking place I suspect there will be some bad plubicty for the parks
I wouldn't hold your breath. I don't think that's going to happen any time soon...

Old 10-06-2017, 02:22 PM

As mentioned by Big Bull in an above post, the town of Jasper is still reeling from the Las Vegas tragedy.

I spoke to the Parks employee who serves as liaison with FN this morning and grilled him on a few points.
-lack of communication and transparency. His reply was that should this matter have been open to the court of public opinion, it would never have reached consensus and been accepted.
-on the matter of extremely late public disclosure of the hunt, he assured me that this "sometimes happens" and that there is nothing to hide
-when asked about the use of terms "traditional harvest" he (smartly) stopped just short of labeling me racist when I asked him what sorts of weapons that involves. He did confirm that centrefire rifles are the norm, and explained that the term traditional refers to the area being hunted, rather than the manner in which and weapons that are used. I suggested that if the definition is this obscure or specific, that they should include that definition in the press release, to avoid confusion by the masses
-he confirmed that another 6-7 FN groups in existence today may become part of this traditional harvest in future opportunities, should they be interested to partake

If you want information straight from the horse's mouth, call JNP office and ask for yourself.

Old 10-06-2017, 02:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC View Post
Why has this been kept quiet and why will the hunt area be closed to the public? If this hunt is something that the federal government, natives, and the parks are proud of, they should be promoting, not hiding this event.
This is exactly my issue. It should be promoted. It should be transparent. I talked to some members of a band right near jasper who haven't been given an option for a hunt or even talked to.

In the end the number of animals being taken will be insignificant to the park and overall insignificant to the band. It's not like their quota is high.
Old 10-07-2017, 04:00 PM
Banned

Thumbs down

JuHeeZuz...

"“There’s no reason why we can’t take all the national parks and provincial parks that exist across the country and reintroduce Indigenous people into those lands, with their rights recognized, and give them responsibility in the management and operation of those protected areas,”"

http://nationalpost.com/news/canada/...ing-a-comeback

A major part of reconciliation is accepting that when we celebrate Canada 200, Algonquin people may again be living in Algonquin Park, and that Stanley Park and the turquoise waters of Moraine Lake in Banff National Park may be dotted with First Nations homes and businesses. Wilderness may be a sacred concept to Canadians, but it’s one that must be sacrificed if reconciliation is to have meaning.

https://thewalrus.ca/canadas-nationa...-crime-scenes/

We're HOOPED!
Nog
Old 10-07-2017, 04:03 PM
Banned

"and give them responsibility in the management and operation of those protected areas,"

Has this person driven though any reserves lately? They can't manage anything, not even themselves not even with the billions that we spend on them because they're always asking for more more more, when is enough actually enough?

People will want to go to the national parks to see wildlife, you won't see any in there if you allow indians to hunt inside the parks.
Old 10-07-2017, 04:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by play.soccer View Post
"and give them responsibility in the management and operation of those protected areas,"

Has this person driven though any reserves lately? They can't manage anything, not even themselves not even with the billions that we spend on them because they're always asking for more more more, when is enough actually enough?

People will want to go to the national parks to see wildlife, you won't see any in there if you allow indians to hunt inside the parks.
If they go at night maybe they could catch a traditional hunt....
Old 10-07-2017, 04:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt505 View Post
if they go at night maybe they could catch a traditional hunt....
lmao
Old 10-07-2017, 04:33 PM
Banned

I think if they want to claim it as their own land that all funding to upkeep it should stop immediately.

What a load of bs. The parks are there to have a place with preserved nature and landscape. If they want to hunt it, they can make a biw, chip up some flint rock for an arrow head, and ride around on horseback.
Old 10-07-2017, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
I think if they want to claim it as their own land that all funding to upkeep it should stop immediately.

What a load of bs. The parks are there to have a place with preserved nature and landscape. If they want to hunt it, they can make a biw, chip up some flint rock for an arrow head, and ride around on horseback.
Minus the horse....
Old 10-07-2017, 06:29 PM

So I just got a call from CTV news and they want to interview me. I hate being on camera but I'll do an interview and they can quote me. More to come.....

Last edited by Hooter; 10-07-2017 at 06:53 PM.
Old 10-07-2017, 06:41 PM
Banned

Good job hooter.
Old 10-07-2017, 07:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooter View Post
So I just got a call from CTV news and they want to interview me. I hate being on camera but I'll do an interview and they can quote me. More to come.....
Haha yeah go on camera and spout anything that gets posted on threads here and see what happens. I got asked for some quotes but I know no matter who gets quoted it will get taken out of context.

Even if I don't agree on a subject with someone here id hate to see anyone misquoted and dragged through the mud in the media.

This topic regardless of the side your on wont have any winners in the media.
Old 10-07-2017, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Don't hold back!
Old 10-07-2017, 07:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Let em know those parks will be destroyed and no longer a world wide vacation destination.
Old 10-07-2017, 07:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Let em know those parks will be destroyed and no longer a world wide vacation destination.
you would be full of awesome quotes for the media.
Old 10-07-2017, 07:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryeguy21 View Post
you would be full of awesome quotes for the media.
Awesome quotes.....

Who would I be quoting?
Old 10-07-2017, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post
Thanks Stinky, that is the article I recalled as being from CBC.

I have had the fortune of having a life that has taken me into some interesting places, where "White" people are rarely allowed to go.

I can't speak specifically of where or "paper" for much of it, that would break the trust that allows me access to these places.

At times I do have the ability to offer general guidance for others to follow for insight.
My history on such matters speaks for itself.
Good enough for some, not so for others....

This guidance may be a simple as suggesting people use logic.

There is no place on Earth where there are not factions of peoples competing for control. This is a hardwired Human trait that will never go away.

To think that Aboriginal Nations are Not planning and taking action for the long term, using the "other" people's system to survive today with the intent to prosper and Lead tomorrow is naive.

The article linked by Stinky should suffice to give confidence for those that need "paper" that indeed, what I am saying is part of the Red path.
Very interesting. I sincerely hope that what you are suggesting isn't true. Based on the information you have through your ties, how long would you speculate this has been getting approval for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave99 View Post
As mentioned by Big Bull in an above post, the town of Jasper is still reeling from the Las Vegas tragedy.

I spoke to the Parks employee who serves as liaison with FN this morning and grilled him on a few points.
-lack of communication and transparency. His reply was that should this matter have been open to the court of public opinion, it would never have reached consensus and been accepted.
-on the matter of extremely late public disclosure of the hunt, he assured me that this "sometimes happens" and that there is nothing to hide
-when asked about the use of terms "traditional harvest" he (smartly) stopped just short of labeling me racist when I asked him what sorts of weapons that involves. He did confirm that centrefire rifles are the norm, and explained that the term traditional refers to the area being hunted, rather than the manner in which and weapons that are used. I suggested that if the definition is this obscure or specific, that they should include that definition in the press release, to avoid confusion by the masses
-he confirmed that another 6-7 FN groups in existence today may become part of this traditional harvest in future opportunities, should they be interested to partake

If you want information straight from the horse's mouth, call JNP office and ask for yourself.

Thanks for calling and grabbing this information. I will definitely call.
Old 10-07-2017, 09:22 PM

Default Utter bull****

Is JNP saying that they have an abundance of animals? If so this should be a cull hunt, let fish and wildlife shoot them and you natives sit outside the park and they will bring them to ya.
Old 10-07-2017, 10:07 PM

This is getting crazy.

Civilizations end. We want to go back in time and try and resurrect the civilization of FN? Do we stop there? Why not Romans? Why not Aztecs? Why not Mongols?

The past was a different time. Who is responsible for the past? If we keep letting special interest groups who were marginalized in the past become some sort of VIPs for no reason we are going to push ourselves into civil strife. Fair representation is what is required in a society. Those that keep getting special treatment will be more so alienated and are outnumbered. Bad things happen to an alienated population when they are out numbered.

Hmmm we want history to repeat itself for some kind of sick amusement?

Liberalism is truly a mental disorder.

This is class warfare from JT again. Environmentalist will be up in arms and FN will defend their right. Diversity is great until it becomes this gong show.
Old 10-07-2017, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
JuHeeZuz...

"“There’s no reason why we can’t take all the national parks and provincial parks that exist across the country and reintroduce Indigenous people into those lands, with their rights recognized, and give them responsibility in the management and operation of those protected areas,”"

http://nationalpost.com/news/canada/...ing-a-comeback

A major part of reconciliation is accepting that when we celebrate Canada 200, Algonquin people may again be living in Algonquin Park, and that Stanley Park and the turquoise waters of Moraine Lake in Banff National Park may be dotted with First Nations homes and businesses. Wilderness may be a sacred concept to Canadians, but it’s one that must be sacrificed if reconciliation is to have meaning.

https://thewalrus.ca/canadas-nationa...-crime-scenes/

We're HOOPED!
Nog
Might as well Burn the Parks to the Ground, Cause there will be nothing left.
Old 10-08-2017, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fur View Post
This is getting crazy.

Civilizations end. We want to go back in time and try and resurrect the civilization of FN? Do we stop there? Why not Romans? Why not Aztecs? Why not Mongols?

The past was a different time. Who is responsible for the past? If we keep letting special interest groups who were marginalized in the past become some sort of VIPs for no reason we are going to push ourselves into civil strife. Fair representation is what is required in a society. Those that keep getting special treatment will be more so alienated and are outnumbered. Bad things happen to an alienated population when they are out numbered.

Hmmm we want history to repeat itself for some kind of sick amusement?

Liberalism is truly a mental disorder.

This is class warfare from JT again. Environmentalist will be up in arms and FN will defend their right. Diversity is great until it becomes this gong show.
Very well said, and I completely agree. I just cannot sit back and stay quiet any longer. I'm trying to get in touch with CTV to set up a time for an interview.
Closed Thread