Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-05-2020, 09:07 AM
Banned

Default 5G, Conspiracy, Covid

What is your take on this? Bogus conspiracy theories linking the global COVID-19 outbreak to the rollout of 5G has lead to phone masts in the UK being set alight.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/carlypa.../#12573d4d1bfe
Old 04-05-2020, 09:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by caged View Post
What is your take on this? Bogus conspiracy theories linking the global COVID-19 outbreak to the rollout of 5G has lead to phone masts in the UK being set alight.

My take...I’ve ceased to become surprised at how many stupid people are out there 😫
Old 04-05-2020, 09:14 AM
Banned

Quote:

Ridiculous
Old 04-05-2020, 09:17 AM

So many crazy people out there and now have found the internet...........
Old 04-05-2020, 09:17 AM

I'd like to see the process involved for setting alight a 70' metal tower. Soulds like it would be a difficult thing to do.
Old 04-05-2020, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
I'd like to see the process involved for setting alight a 70' metal tower. Soulds like it would be a difficult thing to do.
The power and fibre optic cables burn pretty good.

As for 5G, it isn’t even in Canada yet, at least not turned on.
Old 04-05-2020, 09:24 AM

Brother in law asked my opinion on 5G post. After 5 min review gave him my answer. 'BS'
Old 04-05-2020, 09:31 AM
Banned

I have seen articles on Facebook or alternative health websites. The gist: 5G is a dangerous escalation of traditional cellular technology, one packed with higher energy radiation that delivers potential damaging effects on human beings. Some 5G conspiracy theorists contend that the new network generates radiofrequency radiation that can damage DNA and lead to cancer; cause oxidative damage that can cause premature aging; disrupt cell metabolism; and potentially lead to other diseases through the generation of stress proteins. Some articles cite research studies and opinions by reputable organizations like the World Health Organization. Although there is no solid evidence yet.
Old 04-05-2020, 09:35 AM

All I know is that I don’t want a Chinese company associated with Canadian 5G installations. Beat it Huawei, we already saw what your gov’t did to try and cover up Covid, as well as what they continue to do in hiding the real numbers (imagine if the rest of the world had better warning of the severity and transmission rate?)
Old 04-05-2020, 09:36 AM

There are no absolutes
Old 04-05-2020, 09:40 AM

Does 5G stand for 5 goofballs?

I bite on a few conspiracy theories - I admit it gladly - but not this one.

Yet
Old 04-05-2020, 09:41 AM

5g good because government say so. Now go get your mandatory vaccine and collect your economic stimulus check to purchase products at one of 3 government approved businesses.
Old 04-05-2020, 09:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
I have seen articles on Facebook or alternative health websites. The gist: 5G is a dangerous escalation of traditional cellular technology, one packed with higher energy radiation that delivers potential damaging effects on human beings. Some 5G conspiracy theorists contend that the new network generates radiofrequency radiation that can damage DNA and lead to cancer; cause oxidative damage that can cause premature aging; disrupt cell metabolism; and potentially lead to other diseases through the generation of stress proteins. Some articles cite research studies and opinions by reputable organizations like the World Health Organization. Although there is no solid evidence yet.
OMG...you saw it on Facebook...well it’s gotta be true then 🤣🤣🤣
I stand by my original comment 😜
Old 04-05-2020, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
OMG...you saw it on Facebook...well it’s gotta be true then 🤣🤣🤣
I stand by my original comment 😜
But, but, but, but the alternative health blogs said something about something. Think of the children!
Old 04-05-2020, 09:59 AM
Banned

I think the tin foil hats are on too tight
Old 04-05-2020, 10:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabertosser View Post
but, but, but, but the alternative health blogs said something about something. Think of the children!
lol
Old 04-05-2020, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
My take...I’ve ceased to become surprised at how many stupid people are out there 😫
Not just “out there” Bob, they walk among us ... smart people believing and doing stupid things.
Old 04-05-2020, 10:08 AM

Quote:
fook me. good luck in life
Old 04-05-2020, 10:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulecrazy View Post
fook me. good luck in life
lol
Old 04-05-2020, 11:00 AM

Quote:

So what is more interesting is you posted this and based upon your post you see it as worth considering versus outright rejecting?

It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 04-05-2020, 11:11 AM

Lots of bogus crap out there from conspiracy theories to "natural" sanitizers.

Grizz
Old 04-05-2020, 11:39 AM

So many tinfoil hats up in here--there's likely to be a tinfoil shortage in 2020 now.

Last edited by anything_but_fish; 04-05-2020 at 11:45 AM.
Old 04-05-2020, 12:34 PM

Do I think China purposely allowed the virus to spread to push people to take on their 5G network hardware? No

But will China make the most of a bad situation? Almost definitely. Who wouldn't take any opportunity they could to expand their influence, economy, and power.
Old 04-05-2020, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrowan View Post
Do I think China purposely allowed the virus to spread to push people to take on their 5G network hardware? No

But will China make the most of a bad situation? Almost definitely. Who wouldn't take any opportunity they could to expand their influence, economy, and power.
You could be right.

"The coronavirus pandemic is the breakthrough Xi Jinping has been waiting for. And he’s making his move."

https://www.macleans.ca/opinion/the-...gxaTMqG0ECw1AQ
Old 04-05-2020, 12:44 PM

Quote:

Our own government, and practically every other government out there, will be finding ways to take advantage of this situation. Having been through a couple Wildfires I've come to realise that the government is very friggin' good at making lemonade.

Right now they are pushing through more bills and laws faster in the last two weeks, than they have in the last two years. I think we are going to find out later what has been piggy backing on these new Covid policies. I also doubt that we will ever get back some of the freedoms that we will be giving up, much of what we do get back will not be returned to us willingly or in a timely manner.

I think anyone who's experienced a disaster type situation in the past can see the truth in this statement.
Old 04-05-2020, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushleague View Post
Our own government, and practically every other government out there, will be finding ways to take advantage of this situation. Having been through a couple Wildfires I've come to realise that the government is very friggin' good at making lemonade.

Right now they are pushing through more bills and laws faster in the last two weeks, than they have in the last two years. I think we are going to find out later what has been piggy backing on these new Covid policies. I also doubt that we will ever get back some of the freedoms that we will be giving up, much of what we do get back will not be returned to us willingly or in a timely manner.

I think anyone who's experienced a disaster type situation in the past can see the truth in this statement.
Just curious, are you Canadian or American? Canada tends to keep bills and laws to one issue. Budgetary Bill's are different but can be broken down into smaller components and voted on separately. Putting unrelated legislation into a omnibus bill while not unheard of in Canada happens less often compared to the states where it seems like every bill passed can have unrelated stuff stuck into it.
Old 04-05-2020, 03:44 PM

Quote:
I’ll answer your question. It’s easy. Trudum will not take and has not took any opportunity presented to expand and influence the Canadian economy in a positive way!

About the only G7 leader to do so.

BW
Old 04-05-2020, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSteel View Post
5g good because government say so. Now go get your mandatory vaccine and collect your economic stimulus check to purchase products at one of 3 government approved businesses.
Yasssssss! Government loves and protects me!!!!!!!
Old 04-05-2020, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stLand View Post
Yasssssss! Government loves and protects me!!!!!!!
Are you in Quebec?

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 04-05-2020, 04:18 PM

Posting on a five G network, saying hello.