Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-05-2020, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrowan View Post
Just curious, are you Canadian or American? Canada tends to keep bills and laws to one issue. Budgetary Bill's are different but can be broken down into smaller components and voted on separately. Putting unrelated legislation into a omnibus bill while not unheard of in Canada happens less often compared to the states where it seems like every bill passed can have unrelated stuff stuck into it.
I'm from Canada, and it was my understanding that attempts have already been made to piggyback tax hikes in on these emergency bills that have been pushed through with minimal review.

Last edited by Bushleague; 04-05-2020 at 04:50 PM.
Old 04-05-2020, 09:41 PM
Banned

I think right now we should distance ourselves anything Chinese. As Trump said it is a Chinese disease. I for one will no longer support anything that is owned by Chinese. And before anyone says anything negative. I have been to China and they are dirty people and yes they do eat everything that flies and walks.
Old 04-05-2020, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caged View Post
I have seen articles on Facebook or alternative health websites. The gist: 5G is a dangerous escalation of traditional cellular technology, one packed with higher energy radiation that delivers potential damaging effects on human beings. Some 5G conspiracy theorists contend that the new network generates radiofrequency radiation that can damage DNA and lead to cancer; cause oxidative damage that can cause premature aging; disrupt cell metabolism; and potentially lead to other diseases through the generation of stress proteins. Some articles cite research studies and opinions by reputable organizations like the World Health Organization. Although there is no solid evidence yet.
I wonder if this is a go too topic for Russian troll farms to stir the pot with improved technology at the same time destabilizing Canada’s relationship with either China or the US? Seems like an easy one. Someone could post...get the conversation going...then if not going in the right direction apply a redirection post.

Man...I should see if they are hiring. Could be an excellent job. Fun. Whatcha think?
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 04-05-2020, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
I wonder if this is a go too topic for Russian troll farms to stir the pot with improved technology at the same time destabilizing Canada’s relationship with either China or the US? Seems like an easy one. Someone could post...get the conversation going...then if not going in the right direction apply a redirection post.

Man...I should see if they are hiring. Could be an excellent job. Fun. Whatcha think?
Before this gem popped up, I had noticed the OP's few posts and was waiting for some unusually inexpensive, yet high-end items to be posted in the AO classifieds, but your conclusion is also a distinct possibility