Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 05-02-2015, 08:46 AM

Default For you lefty's with Mauser interests

I've thought of doing something very similar numerous times but over the years have lost me intestinal fortitude when it comes to building rifles. The commercial mauser platform would require a ton of expense and work to achieve what I wanted but would have many of the same components and would go in the same stock.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthr...os#Post9832850

-Billy Molls
Old 05-02-2015, 10:29 AM

I have mulled over the same idea a number of times as well. I'm still slightly kicking myself that I traded my Zastava 9.3x62 but only slightly. It would take a lot of work and money as to get a 3 position safety(Saterlee) into Canada is going to cost a mint although much preffered over the Zastava safety. My solution for a 9.3x62 is to use a LH .270 Win Ruger action that I picked up for that purpose. I have a VX-3 1.75-6x32 for glass. Need to pick up a barrel and iron sights and find a smith to do the work. I have also been thinking about a Mannlicher stock too but not sure.

Back to the Zastava actions - one project that really interests me is building a 300H&H using a LH Zastava .375H&H action but that is a long ways off! I'm not a magnum guy but I would like to own the grand Queen.