Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-28-2020, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
I'm not going to discourage or mock people who have lost loved ones to a "fake death". People are dying who have contracted the virus and it's sad actually.

As far as over reporting, the same could be said about under reporting it. This story is rampant in both camps. It's ridiculous.

This covid thing has done nothing positive for any of us and the media is eating it up.
Medias not the only one eating it up lol
Old 09-28-2020, 08:34 PM

Second waive is upon us. Went to Costco on the weekend and they were out of all the paper products!!
Old 09-28-2020, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
1 million with a population of 8,000,000,000
Wowzas.

We're all going die of something, chances are pretty slim it's gonna be of the vid. Far worse "diseases" to worry about than a dose of rona. Let's not lose sight. Perhaps maybe focus a little more on them actually.

We get it. Some of you are scared. Do what you feel you need. Do it without feeling you need to incite fear. Self isolate. Wear your mask. Whatever makes you feel better. No one thinks less of anyone for doing it.......except those that wear a mask in a vehicle while alone. That's kinda creepy.
Thanks for that, this trainwreck needed a small dose of sanity.
Old 09-28-2020, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Wowzas.
I'm sure you understand that 1 million people is a pretty big number for a disease that has only really broken out this year some 9 months ago right?

I'm also confident you understand that the exposure rates are likely still in the 4%-5% range?

I also would guess you understand how viruses can mutate, and therefore, despite a vaccine for strain "A", that these same vaccines will be ineffective for the strain "B" or "C" right?

And, I'm sure you are not intending to mock the million or so people so who have lost mothers, fathers, children or other loved ones to this disease.
Old 09-28-2020, 09:03 PM

Quote:
I'm sure you understand that 1 million people is a pretty big number for a disease that has only really broken out this year some 9 months ago right?

I'm also confident you understand that the exposure rates are likely still in the 4%-5% range?

I also would guess you understand how viruses can mutate, and therefore, despite a vaccine for strain "A", that these same vaccines will be ineffective for the strain "B" or "C" right?

And, I'm sure you are not intending to mock the million or so people so who have lost mothers, fathers, children or other loved ones to this disease.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-res...pandemics.html

Here are some pandemics from the past.

This isn't the first and wont be the last. I think we are giving this one too much credence. No sense in getting up in arms over something that is going to continue happening as long as humans inhabit the earth. The Spanish flu mutated once and stopped. This may stop as well.
Old 09-28-2020, 09:06 PM

Tampa won the cup.

That is all.
Old 09-28-2020, 09:07 PM

Quote:

It's a shame you edited some of my post out
Old 09-28-2020, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Using serology estimates???

Oh ........... I see ............. if we ESTIMATE that less that 1 out of 5 people who get it will be tested and confirmed to have had it ...........

I really won't get into it and derail yet another thread on the same topic because people will believe what they want to believe and drink up what they want to be served.

No point.
Just like Dr Hinshaw reported on 31 Jul 20.

The first results from Alberta’s serology testing show that far more people in the province may have already been infected with COVID-19 than have been officially recorded.

In a Thursday update to Albertans on the novel coronavirus, chief medical officer of health Dr. Deena Hinshaw said new analysis from a serology study performed in the first week of June suggests that on May 20, almost 36,000 Albertans had been infected with COVID-19.

https://calgaryherald.com/news/local...sting-suggests

I personally am not sure what the experts currently track as of todays date but the guy that posted up the rate put 82,458 as of 21 Sep 20.

I have taken a look at the Govt site and they make no reference to the serology results to date.
Old 09-28-2020, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergerboy View Post

This isn't the first and wont be the last. I think we are giving this one too much credence. No sense in getting up in arms over something that is going to continue happening as long as humans inhabit the earth. The Spanish flu mutated once and stopped. This may stop as well.
True enough.
Old 09-28-2020, 09:25 PM

Quote:
It's a shame you edited some of my post out
It's a shame that you have nothing of substance to add (like usual) and choose to hurl mud over the fence instead.

It's a bigger shame that you fail to take ownership for your own actions or your own words.
Old 09-28-2020, 09:56 PM

Quote:
It's a shame that you have nothing of substance to add (like usual) and choose to hurl mud over the fence instead.

It's a bigger shame that you fail to take ownership for your own actions or your own words.
lol. you're getting flustered. Back away from the keyboard.....
Old 09-28-2020, 09:57 PM

All i wanna know is when I can stop washing my hands after I pee again! This government control is getting old...
Old 09-28-2020, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESOXangler View Post
All i wanna know is when I can stop washing my hands after I pee again! This government control is getting old...
Quit peeing on them. Washing then not required...
Old 09-28-2020, 10:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVA7mm View Post
Tampa won the cup.

That is all.
What cup?
Old 09-28-2020, 10:11 PM
Banned

Since this covid thing hit has anyone died of the common flu? Or do they just chalk those ones up to covid too?
Old 09-28-2020, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
What cup?

Old 09-28-2020, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwoods View Post
I don’t see how there is even a basis for a math argument here. It’s been widely reported that Covid is thrown on death certificates, even when Covid clearly wasn’t the culprit. Right from the top of the chain in the medical fields. Are people not reading this in the mainstream news!???!

Closer to home: We’ve had a forum member testify on here that their family was ASKED if they wanted Covid on the death certificate. We had another member say their loved one was labelled a Covid death and they fought to have that (false) cause of death changed.

so just how many legit Covid deaths are there? Facts are- we’ll never know the full truth.

Graph that data!
It’s been widely reported that data on deaths have been under reported to help Trump and republican states.
So likely a wash.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 09-28-2020, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Since this covid thing hit has anyone died of the common flu? Or do they just chalk those ones up to covid too?
Flus and STDs are way down this year. Social distancing and reduced travel algae made a significant impact on world health.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 09-28-2020, 10:28 PM

Quote:

Spanish flu has mutated 4 times and is still with us. It's now called H1N1
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill
Old 09-28-2020, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Wowzas.

We're all going die of something, chances are pretty slim it's gonna be of the vid. Far worse "diseases" to worry about than a dose of rona. Let's not lose sight. Perhaps maybe focus a little more on them actually.

We get it. Some of you are scared. Do what you feel you need. Do it without feeling you need to incite fear. Self isolate. Wear your mask. Whatever makes you feel better. No one thinks less of anyone for doing it.......except those that wear a mask in a vehicle while alone. That's kinda creepy.
1,000,000 people is the starting number. If 2.8 percent die of the 8 billion that’s 244 million? It third world countries death rates could be higher.

It seems premature to be sure however death rate in Canada is thankfully declining. Maybe due mostly to age of infected. Treatment has also helped.
Fact still remains slowing the spread rate helps the hospital system.

Long term harm from being infected is still being studied.
Old 09-28-2020, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwoods View Post

Closer to home: We’ve had a forum member testify on here that their family was ASKED if they wanted Covid on the death certificate. We had another member say their loved one was labelled a Covid death and they fought to have that (false) cause of death changed.
I had no idea that it was up to the family to determine what goes on a death certificate ..............

Had no idea that you could fight a clinical final disposition without providing contradictory clinical evidence to dispute the disposition.......

I guess if someone on the forum "testified" this to be true, we should accept that as fact.
Old 09-28-2020, 10:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Flus and STDs are way down this year. Social distancing and reduced travel algae made a significant impact on world health.
Ya, that’s gotta be it. They’d never call a flu death covid related....
Old 09-28-2020, 11:14 PM

Here is some statistics from Europe and NA that this guy delves pretty deep into. He has piles of references so feel free to fact check it like crazy. Oh and he does say there was a pandemic before based on death levels. But anyway I will let you judge for yourselves.

Also interesting enough people are claiming we have approx 9k covid deaths in Canada. However we have to pay very close attention to the wording as I have noticed that it usually says ### deaths WITH Covid19 not FROM. It is subtle but still I found it interesting that even CBC wouldn't say from but said with.
Old 09-29-2020, 05:09 AM

Quote:
It’s been widely reported that data on deaths have been under reported to help Trump and republican states.
So likely a wash.
I have heard its been widely reported that the Covid19 cases and deaths are being over reported to unsettle the population to undermine Trump. Some people say that this, BLM and all the rest of the dumpster fire is pushed by the Democrats.

There is no shortage of information that will support any angle you are interested in.

Even the aliens are concerned about the volume of misinformation. In this article, people from outer space are reassuring us that sexual intercourse with them will not spread the coronavirus.
https://www.newyorker.com/humor/boro...he-coronavirus
Old 09-29-2020, 05:59 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Thumbs up

Great hockey game last night!!!!!

Now onto the blue Jays run!

Ohhh and this covid stuff is all a guberment lie.....yup....kinda like living in a little humble town in Germany during WWII and denying the concentration camp activities

It's here and happening.....

Go Jays go....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 09-29-2020, 10:03 AM

Quote:
I have heard its been widely reported that the Covid19 cases and deaths are being over reported to unsettle the population to undermine Trump. Some people say that this, BLM and all the rest of the dumpster fire is pushed by the Democrats.

There is no shortage of information that will support any angle you are interested in.
Nah ...... I think that viewpoint is paranoid and tin foil hat material. Doctors, Hospitals and States that gather reporting have no consistent political alignment - in fact the reporting (and jurisdiction of policy and how things are counted) is federal, under Trump's jurisdiction, ..... so this perspective holds ZERO water with me. It's ridiculous - I wouldn't pay much attention to that dribble if I were you.

Keep in mind there are many far fetched, ridiculous stories about suppression of death counts as there are about inflation of the stats - to your point - it depends on what you are reading or watching.

The whole blame and conspiracy thing (on either side of the political fence) and society's recent acceptance of lies, fraudulent misdirection, drama, divisive and treasonous behavior happened on Trump's watch - he had a big part in creating the very sword that seems to be cutting him now.

Nobody has a clue what to listen to or what to believe - so it's best to be suspicious and critical (but not necessarily paranoid) about anything we see or read today.
Old 09-29-2020, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
Ferguson predicted that Sweden would pay a terrible price for no lockdown, with 40,000 COVID deaths by May 1, and 100,000 by June. Sweden’s death count is now 5800.The Swedish government says this coincides to a mild flu season. Although initially higher, Sweden now has a lower death rate per-capita than the US, which it achieved without the terrific economic damage still ongoing in the US. Sweden never closed restaurants, bars, sports, most schools, or movie theaters. The government never ordered people to wear masks.
Interesting post.

Curiously enough...Canada has masks and social distancing and 1/2 the death rate of Sweden. US is higher as they got hit hard in the seniors in New York and New Jersey. Plus likely a higher obesity rate than Sweden along with socio economic reasons can easily explain why the US has a higher rate than Sweden.

Oddly enough the article doesn't mention that while there is no law stating Swedes have to wear a mask...many do or want to say on transit for example. And they do have social distancing in place.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...esson-to-share

Remember a lot of models were predicting doom assuming nothing happened to slow or prevent it. Sweden did do things to stop the spread such as new measures to protect the elderly, social distancing and they have a strong healthcare system.

The US has let lose in some spots like New York...then reined it in after the fact. For the rest of the country...misinformation and conspiracies and politics have played havoc with trying to gain control over the virus.

Is healthcare around the world getting a handle on the virus? I believe they are as they have learned a lot. Is it worse than the flu...absolutely and proof remains in the numbers compared apples to apples. Infections versus deaths. Extrapolating to suspected infections versus deaths...same thing. Infectiousness...Covid remains more infectious than the flu. Demographics...flu kills more kids than older adults... Covid kills more seniors than kids.

Economy wouldn't be bad off if people social distanced, wore masks and cleaned appropriately. Unfortunately...those who know better and refuse to following common sense are the cause of the continuing problems we are faced with.

In Sweden... people are very respectful of one another. In the US...they shoot each other over wearing a mask.

Hmmmm... kinda hard to compare Sweden and the US...
Old 09-29-2020, 10:56 AM

Quote:

Even the aliens are concerned about the volume of misinformation. In this article, people from outer space are reassuring us that sexual intercourse with them will not spread the coronavirus.
https://www.newyorker.com/humor/boro...he-coronavirus

I heard Trump was the alien life form and that his human suit is held together by a fine layer of orange 1/2 pound fishing line.
Old 09-29-2020, 11:01 AM

Quote:
I had no idea that it was up to the family to determine what goes on a death certificate ..............

Had no idea that you could fight a clinical final disposition without providing contradictory clinical evidence to dispute the disposition.......

I guess if someone on the forum "testified" this to be true, we should accept that as fact.
I found that interesting. To have anyone on a forum take someone stating that a family member can dictate what goes on a death certificate shows the utter futility in trying to reason with those whose heads are so far up the conspiracy donkey cross that they are incapable of even understanding what they themselves are now believing to be true incontrovertible facts.

Now you can see who believes the fringe elements versus facts.

this is the legal definition of a death certificate in Canada

Medical Certificate of Death: the legal record of a person’s death and its circumstances, completed at the time of death by a medical professional or other authorized person. The information collected is consistent across Canada.

next of kin doesn't have this access... period.

They may of been getting confused with a non legal form like for the funeral home to publish.

Last edited by Sundancefisher; 09-29-2020 at 11:06 AM.
Old 09-29-2020, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Interesting post.

Curiously enough...Canada has masks and social distancing and 1/2 the death rate of Sweden.

:
Canada has a population density of 4 people per sq km
Sweden has 25

Not much of a comparison.
How about quebec vs sweden
Roughly the same population. Sweden actually has a couple million more people

Total number of deaths
Sweden-5890
Quebec-5833

Dang that's curious