Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-11-2011, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
Boberama. Your ride's ready.

Got your helmet? Got your spurs? got your riding crop? got your map?
Hey a starter pony,I used to ride them all the time at the grocery store.
Just make sure to pull your hat down tight and put your whistle in your pocket so you don't get slapped with it.
Old 06-11-2011, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220swifty View Post
Count me in too. Knuckles are too blame, and not my own. More than once.
Something like that. You have to lose from time to time so that you can appreciate the victories that much more.
Old 06-11-2011, 08:54 AM

Cool dang ol memory loss and head injuries

I had a pretty serious fall in 2007 at work, the resulting head injury almost killed me (well it did for a short time in the ambulance) I was having seizure after seizure, the first being almost 6 and a half minutes long. I still suffer pretty bad short and long term memory loss. ringing in the ears, bouts of vertigo. severe pain in my neck and lower back although thats not related to the head injury lol. I am also prone to have seizures its been almost 2 years since Iv had one last but that is due to my strickt sleeping pattern and lack of getting drunk. The momery loss is a pretty big problem, I cant remember the first years of my relationship with the wife, I also cant remember just about everything else haha. Im glad that hunting comes as an instict so I never did lose any of the knowledge that I need for that. BUT since my accident I have become probably the eaisest going guy there is I have a super laid back humor and rarely stress. LIFE IS TO SHORT TO WORRY ABOUT THE LITTLE THINGS. Having a life changing accident sure puts things into perspective. The biggest thing I can say now Dont take to many things to heart, enjoy your time with the people you love, dont sweat the little things, and most definatly enjoy the finer things life has to offer. Dont waste time being angry about stupid thigs, life is shorter then it seems. and last one...... take pictures!! you may never know when your memory may need a little kickstart to remember something
Old 06-11-2011, 09:28 AM
Gone Hunting

[QUOTE=slipbobber;973475]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
Listen well and write it down, cause you may forget it. I've had a few horse wrecks and resulting concussions. Save the wise cracks Okie, I've heard them all. I can't remember them but I've heard them.

Redfrog you must have a come back for just about everything. I really enjoy your posts and get excited to see what those fingers of yours are going to type next. You must of been a big hit at open mike night at the Youngstown bar.

Thanks for the kind words Slipbobber. I'm as excited as your are about what I'll type next. I never was in the Youngstown bar for open Mike. Too bad really. I likely wouldn't have had to live there so long.

I skipped a lot of school and it prepared me well for marriage. I can really do a good job of forging permission slips to get into a bar. "Yes Dear" has a nasty habit of putting out a 'bolo' for me anytime she hasn't seen me for a few minutes.

Winger7mm, seizures are serious business and not something to be taken lightly.
I also was having seizures shortly after a big wreck. "Yes Dear" calls it a marriage but she is an optimist and delusional.

Along with the seizures, I still suffer pretty bad short and long term memory loss. ringing in the ears, bouts of vertigo. severe pain in my neck and lower back, burning eyes, and shortness of breath. I went to the doctor and after a few sessions we figured out it only happened when "Yes Dear" and I made love.

I'm sure it's caused from that dang bear spray she uses.

Yanno, the way I persevere in the face of adversity, I could probably get a job at the post office.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 06-11-2011, 11:46 AM
Gone Hunting

I knew a fellow in Northern Alberta who played hockey and road bulls.

He says he woke up in the hospital with a big head and a big cast on his leg. First thing he asked the nurse was " Was I playing hockey or riding a bull???"

Archery Sept. 1 - Oct. 31 Muzzleloader and Crossbow Oct. 1 - Oct. 31 Rifle Nov. 25 - Nov. 30

...And HIS kingdom shall have no end...