Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-07-2017, 12:58 PM

Default Nsr report and gunfire and God

Hit the river near fort sask, few days ago clear fish rising gold eye and pike to keep me content, picked up lots of trash to pay for the bait, of course no fly gear, went back yesterday dirty and no risers of course I only brought the fly gear
The Bad walking in on a public path and BOOM BOOM BOOM, high caliber fire with small caliber, me hunkered down on path yelling people hear, (should of went to church this morning)didn't stop these guys, maybe they had ear plugs in,It was like HACKSAW RIdge, some other family fishing on a boat , I was expecting one of them to be hit and into the drink, house in the distance and road nearby, continued for about an hour, I kept my head low and waited for them to run out of ammo, then as I'm leaving all quiet and rcmp in the distance but alittle to late, and this was near the dog park too.
Old 08-07-2017, 02:33 PM
Banned

Generally speaking if you hear the shot you've been missed. It's the shot you don't hear that got you!
Old 08-08-2017, 03:42 PM

You should probably wait more than 2 minutes after being shaken up by an incident like that before posting a written statement of what happened like this. You will have to calm down, slow down a little and use full and coherent sentences describing one thing at a time in chronological order. You can also skip the part about fish rising, fly rods and a movie reference - it just adds that much more complexity to the riddle you described above.
Old 08-08-2017, 08:02 PM

Please rewrite. I don't understand.
Old 08-09-2017, 07:47 AM
Banned

Just another day on the river. Once you get into rural areas you will often hear gunfire and 99% of the time its just some people doing some target shooting. It can be a little unnerving, but I'm sure you were in no real danger.
When you hear gunfire in the city then you can worry.
Old 08-09-2017, 09:34 AM

Perhaps I may offer a little clarity...Ahem:
Me go fishing, river, go boom, boom, guns. Many things, noises, fishing, river, boat, ammo, RCMP.

You're welcome.
Old 08-09-2017, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterninja View Post
Just another day on the river. Once you get into rural areas you will often hear gunfire and 99% of the time its just some people doing some target shooting. It can be a little unnerving, but I'm sure you were in no real danger.
When you hear gunfire in the city then you can worry.
X2
Old 08-10-2017, 09:26 AM

Would asking where on the river this happened be crossing the line? So I know to avioid the area completely. I know how touchy people can get on this forum when you ask where they went fishing.