Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-08-2018, 01:50 PM

Default Big bill wool clothing anyone try it?

https://www.gostwear.com/advanced_se...4CU2CeTK7Diwp1

Looks like quality gear. At reasonable price.

Had to do an edit.
**** that's 1000 posts. Does that mean I'm the real deal?
Old 11-08-2018, 01:52 PM
Banned

i ordered some early last week. it still hasn't shipped

but if i ever get it i'll let you know lol
Old 11-08-2018, 02:05 PM

It is great. I have been wearing it for years. My nephew just got me two new pairs of the bibs. Warm and quiet
Old 11-08-2018, 02:10 PM

I tried contacting the company by phone and email several times and never got a response so I never ordered from them. I made the same comment on one of their instagram sponsored ads and they replied by telling me to dm them on instagram. You guessed it, no reply again.

No customer care = no sales to me.
Old 11-08-2018, 02:14 PM

Thumbs up GostWear has quality product

Good quality products, definitely recommended.
I have the pants in both 21 oz. wool and 18 oz. Merino wool. The 21 oz. is warmer, the Merino is more comfortable, go figure. Anyone who is sensitive to wool would likely need to wear a base layer under the 21 oz. cloth; I don't bother unless it is really cold out or the wind is howling.

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 11-08-2018, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSteel View Post
I tried contacting the company by phone and email several times and never got a response so I never ordered from them. I made the same comment on one of their instagram sponsored ads and they replied by telling me to dm them on instagram. You guessed it, no reply again.

No customer care = no sales to me.
Buy it here https://www.gostwear.com/hunting-c-86.html

Awesome customer service and Canadian as well. I have the heavy regular wool pant and the cargo merino wool pant. Both excellent product but the regular wool are warmer and what I use the most https://www.gostwear.com/bill-wool-h...nts-p-808.html

I tried several types of socks and they were awesome as well.

My only disappointment was the plaid jacket https://www.gostwear.com/bill-plaid-...ket-p-811.html It is more of a shirt than a jacket and is not the quality of the other items I ordered. For 100 dollars you can get a lot nicer shirts. I use it for walking the dogs in spring but in hind sight I should have just returned it.
Old 11-08-2018, 02:30 PM

I use it, and I like it. I've had good customer support right on their website with Live Chat.
Old 11-08-2018, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2750 View Post
Buy it here https://www.gostwear.com/hunting-c-86.html

Awesome customer service and Canadian as well.
That's the company that I tried to contact.

I've moved on from a company that clearly didn't want my money to a business that appreciates my orders.
Old 11-08-2018, 05:01 PM

I got the heavy and lighter wool paints. Love them, my experience with them was great.
Old 11-08-2018, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSteel View Post
That's the company that I tried to contact.

I've moved on from a company that clearly didn't want my money to a business that appreciates my orders.
Strange, it has been a while since I contacted them so maybe things have changed. When I ordered I spent probably an hour on live chat harassing the employee about sizing etc. and she was very helpful. A rep was on GunNutz answering questions and offering discount codes. I am very sorry to hear this.
Old 11-08-2018, 05:54 PM

My go to camo for the last 10 years. Holds up good. I have a few different brands of camo but the big bill is my favorite. Warm, breathes but not too much and very quiet.
Old 11-08-2018, 11:30 PM

The 24 oz cargo pants remind me of the German Army Winter Battle pants we used to get at army surplus, BUTTTTTTTT

The German Army Winter Battle pants had a rubber liner in the knees and on the butt.

You could stay nice and dry in them.

There was another version which had some sort of plastic in the knees and pants which "creaked" in the cold, but if you found the ones with rubber, they were very very excellent pants.

Too bad I outgrew them from my highschool years.

I did not know they shrank from closet air!!!!

Drewski
Old 11-09-2018, 09:56 AM

I purchased a wool vest and pants. I found that the clothes fit quite large on me. I was nearly swimming in the pants. I received 3 months after the purchase date. I returned the items with no hassle. Great customer service from Gost.
Old 11-10-2018, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snm View Post
I purchased a wool vest and pants. I found that the clothes fit quite large on me. I was nearly swimming in the pants.
Mine were like that when I first got them. Like Drewski mentioned these do shrink from closet air. After 10 years mine are now pretty snug....
Old 11-12-2018, 08:41 PM

I have the jacket and pants. I wasn't sure on the sizing or if to go with the merino wool. I phoned their number and talked to one of their agents. They were very helpful in the sizing and recommended the merino pants and jacket. Everything fit well. I would buy from again
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!" 1935-Adolf Hitler
Old 11-12-2018, 10:53 PM

I’ve been wearing the same green 24oz cargo pants for 10 years,hundreds of days both at work and hunting,good as new.(I just happen to remember that I was working on a pipeline when I bought them in 2008)
I mostly only wear them for work now or winter ATVing etc as I bought Columbia snow camo wool pants a few years ago which are now my go to for cold weather hunting.
Prior to that,I wore the ol black wool Humphrey pants that gramps gave me as a teenager for 20 sum years til I outgrew and split the arse out of em and then some,lol
Buy without hesitation/guaranteed no regrets.....wool is da bomb.

Last edited by West O'5; 11-12-2018 at 11:01 PM.
Old 11-12-2018, 11:07 PM

Matching cammo wool Jacket and bibs of the BigBill brand. bought them in Weyburn Coop 5 years ago. Its funny that the salesman said- you know as hard as manufacturers try to make stuff better than wool they just cant do it in an all around package. He was right.

For me they fit too big but if it really cold outside it allows some more layers. Seem water resistant, quiet and warm.
Old 11-13-2018, 05:56 AM

Ya thanks for the replays. Looks like I'm going to be getting a new set of bibs.
Wool is an amazing product. I use old wool pants and an old stanfield shirt that I have used hard for 20 some years. And merino wool base layer.
I have been looking for wool bibs for a long time.

I'd much rather hunt naked than buy stika. 8-)

(I actually don't know much about stika company, I'm sure they have a good product. But I refuse to be sucked in to the designer camo marketing)
Brad
Old 11-23-2018, 08:47 AM

Thumbs up Black Friday sale

10% discount at Gostwear today, enter promo code: BLACKFRIDAY

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 11-23-2018, 08:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish_e_o View Post
i ordered some early last week. it still hasn't shipped

but if i ever get it i'll let you know lol
a month and it hasn't shipped yet... completely missed hunting season...
Old 11-23-2018, 09:00 AM

Quote:
a month and it hasn't shipped yet... completely missed hunting season...
That is exactly what happened to me last year.
Old 11-23-2018, 03:21 PM

Funny to see this thread. I was just looking at their 17 ounce plaid jack shirt. I have worn that style of jacket for years as a truck coat. Just finished a chat session, lady was very helpful. Won't have the size I want till Jan or Feb but am in no rush.

I have never actually bought anything from them but service so far seems okay. A little concerned about the comments on how long it takes them to ship product they have in stock though.

Maybe post back when you get it or an explanation of why it is taking so long. A little leary sending money to someone who doesn't ship very fast, particularly approaching Christmas. Wonder if the Postal strike has any bearing?
Old 12-02-2018, 10:57 AM

Thumbs up Happy surprise!

Placed an order on Nov. 23, found the parcel tucked behind the pillar on the front step this morning. With the parcel backlog from the revolving postal workers walkout, I wasn't expecting it to arrive so soon.
FTR- I did not pay for expedited delivery; used the default shipping option.

Old 12-02-2018, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West O'5 View Post
I’ve been wearing the same green 24oz cargo pants for 10 years,hundreds of days both at work and hunting,good as new.(I just happen to remember that I was working on a pipeline when I bought them in 2008)
I mostly only wear them for work now or winter ATVing etc as I bought Columbia snow camo wool pants a few years ago which are now my go to for cold weather hunting.
Prior to that,I wore the ol black wool Humphrey pants that gramps gave me as a teenager for 20 sum years til I outgrew and split the arse out of em and then some,lol
Buy without hesitation/guaranteed no regrets.....wool is da bomb.
I have the same set of green cargo pants I think they're made by Cadott Canadian company I've had for 20 years wear them every fall still no sign of wear and tear how can you beat that.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 12-02-2018, 05:23 PM

Received my bibs but the side button was missing. Filled out return form on line and sent them back for an exchange. 3 weeks passed and no response from them in any way. So I can not tell how good they are but their customer service is not very impressive...
Old 12-02-2018, 05:35 PM

You sent pants back becuase they were missing a button? Did it occur to u to just get them to mail u the right button and sew it on? If I was a retailer I don't think I would be too impressed with paying $50 in shipping to rectify a single missing button.
Old 12-02-2018, 05:48 PM

It is riveted on. And they may never have have sent it...hello.
Old 12-16-2018, 09:59 AM

Curious if you guys have now got the stuff you ordered. Still interested in a Jacket but holding off till get more feedback on their delivery and service.
Old 12-16-2018, 12:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
Curious if you guys have now got the stuff you ordered. Still interested in a Jacket but holding off till get more feedback on their delivery and service.
Hasn't shipped yet. Monday I'll be asking for my money back
Old 12-16-2018, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Hasn't shipped yet. Monday I'll be asking for my money back

Thanks for the update. That truly sucks the Big Magilla! I did find this place, it is U.S. but shipping is only $8, at least according to their website but I plan to check when I call them tomorrow. Even with the exchange they are a bit less than Ghost's pricing. Don't know about the service but one thing I will say for the Yanks is usually the service is top notch. Don't last long down there with Canadian level customer service.

https://www.galeton.com/big-bill-reg...13101-product/