Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 12-01-2013, 05:02 PM

I was mistaken the law is from down east. I didnt mean to come across that way the guys that do this ruin it for the rest of us. I have permission on 3 quater sections out west and the same thing happened guys ripping and tearing up the fields, I'll bee surprised if anyone gets permission there next year.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
Old 12-01-2013, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bull master View Post
The law is an I beilive I am 100% correct that if you post the land and you are the landowner then you are not supposed to hunt there. I am not the landowner I have the permission to hunt there. Why am I getting all these beget ice comments? If you hunt and are a true sportsman nothing I have said here should be disagreed upon. Oh well guess there's always a sour grape in the bag.

As the landowner, you can give permission to whoever you like, to hunt on land that is posted no hunting. There is no such law that I am aware of that states that landowners must refrain from hunting, or permitting hunting on their own land if it is posted no hunting.
Old 12-01-2013, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseBurger View Post
He stated he was only going to do it to keep the evidence there until authorities could arrive. You can take a photo of anyone's plate and say they were tresspassing. While I agree that two wrongs do not make a right, I would do the same.
Then hopefully you would be prepared to live with the consequences. It is not your right to detain someone that way. Call police, and take as many pictures with a geotag and time stamp as you can.
Old 12-01-2013, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCse7en View Post
Then hopefully you would be prepared to live with the consequences. It is not your right to detain someone that way. Call police, and take as many pictures with a geotag and time stamp as you can.
Citizens Arrest ? if the land is posted laws are being broken
Old 12-01-2013, 05:21 PM

As a hunter who only hunts crown land I still share your fustration with trespassers and poachers!!
It gets fustrating to always have hunts interrupted by trespassers and poachers!
Old 12-01-2013, 05:28 PM

If I owned land, and yes I realize the OP doesn't own the land, I would take my chances with the police especially if as the OP stated that they had parked on my land. Letting out all the air in the tires would be pretty effective too with out removing the rims.

I'm curious about the citizen's arrest laws and would certainly be calling the RCMP and F&W to deal with the clowns.
Old 12-01-2013, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeky View Post

You are not allowed to break the law to make a citizens arrest.
Old 12-01-2013, 05:50 PM

Where I said I sympathized with you. I take it back. You deserve your troubles. I didn't comment negatively about your post. I gave some advice about posting what you should not post on a public forum. You're not into taking advice though.....your into crying about your problems on a public forum. Why don't you deal with it and not tell us how you did it. Frankly I'm getting tired of guys looking for sympathy and only want to hear what tinkles their ears. Based on your reply.....this is the best contribution I can come up with........oh yeah, my life is all lollipops and rainbows

Quote:
Well I suppose when your family is spending thousands if dollars every year repairing fences and fixing roadways you will change your mind. Someone screws with your picket fence in your 10x10 yard in town is no where near what we put up with. I find that people are very quick to comment negatively but not very quick to put yourself in the other persons shoes. And I never once threatened to do worse make sure you understand the paragraph before you comment. Do you need someone to read it to you? Slowly? Trespassing is illegal and a huge problem in alberta and anyone who is commenting negatively about this obviously has no respect for that. My father in laws brother had his shop broken into and his model T and studebaker smashed and burned to the ground 2 years ago just south of spruce grove. What do you think he will do now when he catches a trespasser? I'm thinking he will probably close the door and call the RCMP when he is finished with them. It's the same problem on a larger scale. Maybe you have the perfect place to hunt where no one bothers you and everything is rainbows and lolypops good for you. I guess until it happens to you the problem will seem like it dosnt exist and I will sound like I'm blowin smoke up your @@@ so comment back when you have something to contribute to this discussion instead of talking out your rear end.
Old 12-01-2013, 05:51 PM

Well Officer, I'm not sure why they have no air in their tires but I have this trusty bicycle pump that should work.
Old 12-01-2013, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukwild View Post
Wanna sell any of those tree stands? I could use a couple more for a good price.
X3 theres also my roomie who would buy a couple.
Old 12-01-2013, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
the law is...if you are the landowner, you can put up any sign you want to restrict access and do what ever you want on your own land, if you live in the city , own the lot your house is on and put up a sign that says "keep off the grass", you are not allowed to walk on your own grass???..preposterous how this myth keeps appearing, when it is mostly wishful thinking.....
Well you might be right. I can't really find anything about it online but did find this interesting quote from the petty trespass act
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (29.9 KB, 141 views)
Old 12-01-2013, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehntr View Post
Where I said I sympathized with you. I take it back. You deserve your troubles. I didn't comment negatively about your post. I gave some advice about posting what you should not post on a public forum. You're not into taking advice though.....your into crying about your problems on a public forum. Why don't you deal with it and not tell us how you did it. Frankly I'm getting tired of guys looking for sympathy and only want to hear what tinkles their ears. Based on your reply.....this is the best contribution I can come up with........oh yeah, my life is all lollipops and rainbows
Well to say that this conversation is retarded would be putting it mildly. Look everyone all I wanted to do is make people aware of what is going on at our property and to make people aware that we are watching for them as much as we can. Guess I should have known better. I've been reading alot of other discussions out there and seems like the honest good guys are the ones getting bashed. Guess ill see all you tresspassing a holes out there. One of three things could happen either you will be charged, or your tires will be removed then you will be charged or 3 I will put my size twelve 260 pound boot up you a.. And you will be charged. All of this has inspired me to do alot more to catch these guys thanks for the input
Old 12-01-2013, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Well to say that this conversation is retarded would be putting it mildly. Look everyone all I wanted to do is make people aware of what is going on at our property and to make people aware that we are watching for them as much as we can. Guess I should have known better. I've been reading alot of other discussions out there and seems like the honest good guys are the ones getting bashed. Guess ill see all you tresspassing a holes out there. One of three things could happen either you will be charged, or your tires will be removed then you will be charged or 3 I will put my size twelve 260 pound boot up you a.. And you will be charged. All of this has inspired me to do alot more to catch these guys thanks for the input
Wow bull, calm.
Maybe what you should have done to begin with is tell it like you almost just did. Leave the part about how big you are, the whole tire thing, and just say enough is enough, from now on my inlaws will be charging every person caught trespassing no matter the circumstances, poaching, sledding, quadding, etc. You will notice I left the word hunting out of this because if they don't belong there they are not hunting. They are poaching. The law is pretty clear there I believe. No one here would ever fault your family for charging a poacher. We all fight that battle together here. I am not a trespassing a hole and that remark upset me because you have no idea who I am, or who ehntr is,or anyone else here for that matter. We, the hunters, care about and understand your frustration. I seriously doubt that any person who has posted on this thread has been or ever will be a part of your problem, especially on your property. No need to take it out on us. We have all run into it in situations where we have permission and are thwarted by those who do not. This is not a place to name call, make threats to personal property, or those persons themselves. We get it. Trust me.....we get it.
Old 12-01-2013, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCse7en View Post
You are not allowed to break the law to make a citizens arrest.
as in, call the the authorities and block off where they entered till the cavalry shows up
Old 12-02-2013, 11:28 AM

Thumbs up

Removing tires is extreme. Just take the lug nuts. Trespassing is illegal end if story. Lucky for these poachers this is Alberta not Texas they would be dodging bullets instead of looking for tires. Calling fish and wildlife is useless. As a land owner I have tried and they are to busy sipping coffee. As for the police they are to busy solving real crimes like murders and rape to be dealing with such issues. Best bet is to confront them. Everyone says its not safe and probably correct but I find it very effective. And bull if u want to borrow one of my size 14 boots I'm glad to lend out ad I have 2. Good on ya. Being proactive is the way to go.
Old 12-02-2013, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocked View Post
Wow bull, calm.
Maybe what you should have done to begin with is tell it like you almost just did. Leave the part about how big you are, the whole tire thing, and just say enough is enough, from now on my inlaws will be charging every person caught trespassing no matter the circumstances, poaching, sledding, quadding, etc. You will notice I left the word hunting out of this because if they don't belong there they are not hunting. They are poaching. The law is pretty clear there I believe. No one here would ever fault your family for charging a poacher. We all fight that battle together here. I am not a trespassing a hole and that remark upset me because you have no idea who I am, or who ehntr is,or anyone else here for that matter. We, the hunters, care about and understand your frustration. I seriously doubt that any person who has posted on this thread has been or ever will be a part of your problem, especially on your property. No need to take it out on us. We have all run into it in situations where we have permission and are thwarted by those who do not. This is not a place to name call, make threats to personal property, or those persons themselves. We get it. Trust me.....we get it.
I apologize I'm just getting worked up about it. I'm sure all you are good guys. Thanks for the support
Old 12-02-2013, 01:16 PM

Default Petty trespass act

Quote:
Here's a quote from the alberta petty trespass act that I think is pretty interesting
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (29.9 KB, 66 views)
Old 12-02-2013, 01:25 PM

As far as the fish cop I talked to 2 years ago you are allowed to hunt on your own land (and put no hunting signs up), remove others property and bring it to the authorities(will usually end up giving it back to you seeing as poachers and tresspassers dont like cops. So they wont go claim it). You just cant have any "game farm" or "wildlife santuary" signs up and be hunting
Old 12-02-2013, 02:08 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by double gun View Post
First off, I feel your pain. We too have to deal with trespassers every year - luckily not to the extent you are.

Now, any good quality stands for sale?
X2 Stands for sale let us know since the wankers want need them anymore.
Old 12-02-2013, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Here's a quote from the alberta petty trespass act that I think is pretty interesting
So does the definition of apprehend include the use of force to apprehend?
Old 12-02-2013, 08:44 PM

Default Alive and Well

Quote:
Very interesting bullmaster. I had forgotten, tho had initiated two CA's over 20 odd years.
Lucky to evade being side blinded by an extremely Drunk Driver (wife an young kids onboard) who was dangerously swaying over three lanes. Got by him and hazed him to a stop, threw his gear shift into park and shut his motor down whilst removing the keys & waited for the police. Turns out he was driving whilst suspended (again) & a serial & dangerous Drunk Driver. Went to court, moron plead guilty when he realized i had showed up to testify.

The other time a guy being chased by city police jumped our fence only to find me (in my socks) and our KBDog waiting on the outside. Guy jumped 3 of my neighbours yards only to find me & my dog in his way. We convinced ;-) him to kneel down till police showed up. And then had a good laugh when i asked the cops what took em so long. They seemed to think i had better traction on ice with my socks than them with their boots LOL

Both times we had discussions on the legality of my actions & am/was convinced i was on solid footing.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:18 PM

The sad fact no matter where is that tresspassers make it hard to get land access and the more it is done the less private land we can go on. Signs or no signs we have no right unless we ask. Too bad so few screw it up for so many.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyIam View Post
So does the definition of apprehend include the use of force to apprehend?
There is a "use of force exam" if force has been used in a CA to determine weather it was apropriate or not I'm not sure if the phrase is the proper wording. a guy has to be very careful with the use of force because the perp in question can still charge you with assult and could possibly sue you. I figure removing the tires or at least letting the air out of them is a good thing because any confrontation after that will probably be started by the perp so less chance of you or me getting in trouble.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Very interesting bullmaster. I had forgotten, tho had initiated two CA's over 20 odd years.
Lucky to evade being side blinded by an extremely Drunk Driver (wife an young kids onboard) who was dangerously swaying over three lanes. Got by him and hazed him to a stop, threw his gear shift into park and shut his motor down whilst removing the keys & waited for the police. Turns out he was driving whilst suspended (again) & a serial & dangerous Drunk Driver. Went to court, moron plead guilty when he realized i had showed up to testify.

The other time a guy being chased by city police jumped our fence only to find me (in my socks) and our KBDog waiting on the outside. Guy jumped 3 of my neighbours yards only to find me & my dog in his way. We convinced ;-) him to kneel down till police showed up. And then had a good laugh when i asked the cops what took em so long. They seemed to think i had better traction on ice with my socks than them with their boots LOL

Both times we had discussions on the legality of my actions & am/was convinced i was on solid footing.
I also initiated a CA last November in a drunk driver that almost killed me and my huntin buddy. The only reason I rushed him to the hospital first instead of the RCMP station was because he was having a heart attack after the crash.
Other than that after rolling his SUV multiple times and being ejected from it he didn't have a scratch on him. The RCMP said I would have had every right to hold him on site till they arrived but I don't think I would have felt to good about that seeing as he died a couple times in my truck on the way there.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:22 PM

Quote:
I also initiated a CA last November in a drunk driver that almost killed me and my huntin buddy. The only reason I rushed him to the hospital first instead of the RCMP station was because he was having a heart attack after the crash.
Other than that after rolling his SUV multiple times and being ejected from it he didn't have a scratch on him. The RCMP said I would have had every right to hold him on site till they arrived but I don't think I would have felt to good about that seeing as he died a couple times in my truck on the way there.
You live a very interesting life my friend... Must make for great camp fires
Old 12-13-2013, 07:09 PM

Quote:
The law is an I beilive I am 100% correct that if you post the land and you are the landowner then you are not supposed to hunt there. I am not the landowner I have the permission to hunt there. Why am I getting all these beget ice comments? If you hunt and are a true sportsman nothing I have said here should be disagreed upon. Oh well guess there's always a sour grape in the bag.
No, thats absolutely a myth. I can post my land to my hearts content and wave at you from my tree stand
Old 12-13-2013, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRsMav View Post
No, thats absolutely a myth. I can post my land to my hearts content and wave at you from my tree stand
If you would read earlier threads you would see that I was wrong and gladly admitted it. Why do people post without reading the whole story????????? Would you shoot at a bull elk before counting the points?????
Old 12-13-2013, 08:05 PM

Quote:
You gave him a ride?? A heel on the windpipe would have been more appropriate. Odds are he will kill someone next time.
Old 12-13-2013, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter View Post
You gave him a ride?? A heel on the windpipe would have been more appropriate. Odds are he will kill someone next time.
Yah you are right MURDER would be much more appropriate than saving his life. Give your head a shake.
Old 12-13-2013, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Yah you are right MURDER would be much more appropriate than saving his life. Give your head a shake.
Liberal!!