Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-23-2021, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
So the TSX fully recovered from its low of 11,200, to it previous record high by early Dec but overall has only gone up to 18,300, so another 700 points, in the last three months. There are however certain sectors that have really rotated. The premier Canadian Banks, RBC, TD, heck even BNS, CIBC and BMO, which all the BNN experts said to avoid in Oct are up 60% in the last 12 months and are well above their pre-melt down highs. Even oil and gas stocks have rebounded strongly, Vermilion went from a low of a buck to over 7.60, Freehold from $2.60 to $7.00. Peyto, Whitecap, CNRL and Siuncor have all rebounded well off their lows. The only ones not moving much yet are the pipelines like TRP, ENB etc. Last set of laggard stocks are the REITs, especially ones with office or indoor mall space.
If you are still waiting on the buying opportunities you may want to look at the laggard industries, especially those with good and secure dividend streams, and rotate out of the Fangs to lock in profits.
That is some good advice. I saw the gains on my Fin Tech stocks going exponential (hockey stick) and pulled out about 20% a couple weeks ago.
Just made me nervous.