Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-27-2021, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
So would making the news doing a cleanup be a good thing, or would it just bring more attention to what is going on there? And a month after the cleanup, would you even be able to tell that there was a cleanup, if there is as much going on as is being reported? Just cleaning up after these slobs won't accomplish anything, the only way to stop them is to impose huge fines on offenders, and force them to clean up their mess. Put up a $500 reward for reporting them, and fine them $2500 each, and that will stop most people from doing this.
Well it would clean the area up.. How would you get the resources for more enforcement without bringing attention to the issue? How much will we have to pay for it and how much attention will that bring to it? Also won’t having to resort to extreme enforcement look like we turned a complete blind eye to whole situation? That none of us actually cared about it? What about using shot shells without a biodegradable wad? An anti hunter could make a killing at a pheasant release site calling folks in, and fair enough. Blasting single use plastics into the environment is a terrible form of littering.

Fair enough that cleaning up once isn’t enough but I think it’s more effective and makes us look better than calling for enforcement right off the bat
Old 04-27-2021, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilt134 View Post
Well it would clean the area up.. How would you get the resources for more enforcement without bringing attention to the issue? How much will we have to pay for it and how much attention will that bring to it? Also won’t having to resort to extreme enforcement look like we turned a complete blind eye to whole situation? That none of us actually cared about it? What about using shot shells without a biodegradable wad? An anti hunter could make a killing at a pheasant release site calling folks in, and fair enough. Blasting single use plastics into the environment is a terrible form of littering.

Fair enough that cleaning up once isn’t enough but I think it’s more effective and makes us look better than calling for enforcement right off the bat
I think we need to change the narrative to more closely match the truth.

Truth 1: most of the dumping is being done by locals
Truth 2: stupid decisions in the dump / disposal fees etc, province wide is creating these problems
Truth 3: shooting is not the problem, dumping is the issue
Truth 4: Jerk factor...we need to crucify the jerks
Truth 5: Most OA and hunter CARE greatly for the environment
Truth 6: Some of us actually TRY to make a difference and clean up after the jerks
Truth 7: Nothing about this is a really a shooting issue with the small amount of casings left versus the mattresses and appliances
Truth 8: The media will not probably want the truth....sensationalism is paying the bills
Truth 9: Are they really going to give shooters a fair chance and report unbiasedly on what the really issue is???
Truth 10: This is going to get political fast....get on your phones and email fast to your local MLA....this has all the hallmarks of a liberal media lynching to ban shooting on crown land....along with the support of some yuppy acreage owners riding their overpriced ponies in the area. And some other anti-hunting or anti-gun individuals using this for sensationalization to further their cause.

NEXT TRUCK LOAD OF GARBAGE I HAUL OUT OF THE WOOD IS GOING TO BE DEPOSITED ON THEIR MUNICIPAL OFFICE DOORSTEP as that is where most of their policies began that created this and is most of it is coming from their own citizens/taxpayers!!!
Old 04-27-2021, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHeart View Post
I think we need to change the narrative to more closely match the truth.

Truth 1: most of the dumping is being done by locals
Truth 2: stupid decisions in the dump / disposal fees etc, province wide is creating these problems
Truth 3: shooting is not the problem, dumping is the issue
Truth 4: Jerk factor...we need to crucify the jerks
Truth 5: Most OA and hunter CARE greatly for the environment
Truth 6: Some of us actually TRY to make a difference and clean up after the jerks
Truth 7: Nothing about this is a really a shooting issue with the small amount of casings left versus the mattresses and appliances
Truth 8: The media will not probably want the truth....sensationalism is paying the bills
Truth 9: Are they really going to give shooters a fair chance and report unbiasedly on what the really issue is???
Truth 10: This is going to get political fast....get on your phones and email fast to your local MLA....this has all the hallmarks of a liberal media lynching to ban shooting on crown land....along with the support of some yuppy acreage owners riding their overpriced ponies in the area. And some other anti-hunting or anti-gun individuals using this for sensationalization to further their cause.

NEXT TRUCK LOAD OF GARBAGE I HAUL OUT OF THE WOOD IS GOING TO BE DEPOSITED ON THEIR MUNICIPAL OFFICE DOORSTEP as that is where most of their policies began that created this and is most of it is coming from their own citizens/taxpayers!!!
In your case this looks to be the truth. Watch the news link. It’s clearly idiots shooting stuff that’s the issue in the OPs post.

Amd well done cleaning up. Mad props for that
Old 04-28-2021, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwoods View Post
In your case this looks to be the truth. Watch the news link. It’s clearly idiots shooting stuff that’s the issue in the OPs post.

Amd well done cleaning up. Mad props for that
Yah, you might be right, but this issue gets me boiling...especially how slanted it's portrayed. But there is the broken windows concept in law enforcement. And again.......I'm going to stop now......maybe....

Time to act versus now...versus rant...going to make me feel better anyway.

This just confirms, I gotta go clean up that other site, soon, that people shoot at, at what the locals dump, before I set up trail cams and follow up and do the work that local law enforcement seem too busy to bother with versus revenue generation efforts....spending all their time sitting on the highway.....like highwaymen. (don't really want to go down that rabbit hole either today)
Old 04-28-2021, 11:22 AM

Default Slobs

Kudos to all of you making our woods a cleaner better place, i have been hunting and fishing in Alberta for over 45 years and have seen it all. Its not just the shooters as we all know, some abandoned hunting camps can be a flipping mess, seen a bunch of that, these people should be ashamed.
I have on a regular basis fished a river up north, every time i go i take a few large bags, after i finish fishing or during i will walk the bank and pick up everything from minnow containers to smokie wrappers.
I was once asked by Fish and Feathers what i was doing, it was quite obvious
yet i explained, they looked at me like i was from another planet.
Every time i go to this spot it is a flipping mess.

If you get fined $ 750.00 for a fish that you are not supposed to keep, why in the hell can't you write a $ 500.00 littering ticket to these pail heads that continue to destroy our prestine habitat.

About four years ago up in the virginia hills me and a buddy went in a day early to set up our camp and do some scouting. As we were setting up a Wildlife officer came in to check us out, all was good, but there was a pile of garbage along the tree line were we normally would have set up(i've been coming here for years).

I said look at the mess some others *****S left behind i was ****ed off, he said and i quote " Oh, that was from the guys who were in here last week, there was about six of them"
I said you have their license number truck or hunting license right !
Well i suppose i do, i said chase the *****S down, give the 72 hours to make it right or give each and everyone of them a $500.00 fine plus the cost of having a crew go in clean it up.

I would love to know just once where a pile of this crap came from, i would load it all up and dump it on the persons driveway and oh yes i would hang out until they came out to complain.

Sorry about the rant, THANK YOU to all who go the extra 6 inches, yard or mile to help look after a truly beautiful province.

Out