Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-24-2021, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Meanwhile , in your first post you claim to have come here to learn about hunting, yet every one of your posts is in the general discussion forum.
I honestly don’t have enough knowledge to post about hunting.
It’s mostly reading for me, and then doing, when I get a chance.

But instead of trying to sideswipe me or imply something without actually saying it, why don’t you just go and inform yourself about this case and charges and stop deflecting.

You’ll be much the better for it.
Old 04-24-2021, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovers View Post
I honestly don’t have enough knowledge to post about hunting.
It’s mostly reading for me, and then doing, when I get a chance.

But instead of trying to sideswipe me or imply something without actually saying it, why don’t you just go and inform yourself about this case and charges and stop deflecting.

You’ll be much the better for it.
The actual charges really mean nothing here, the important part is that he was found guilty, so there won't be riots by BLM or other groups, unless of course his appeal gets him another trial because it is determined that some jurors voted as they did because they were afraid to vote not guilty. So Chauvin will likely go to prison for years, and this will be forgotten, and BLM will wait for their next excuse to riot.
Old 04-24-2021, 09:36 AM

Quote:
The actual charges really mean nothing here, the important part is that he was found guilty, so there won't be riots by BLM or other groups, unless of course his appeal gets him another trial because it is determined that some jurors voted as they did because they were afraid to vote not guilty. So Chauvin will likely go to prison for years, and this will be forgotten, and BLM will wait for their next excuse to riot.
Do you think he should have been found guilty?
Old 04-24-2021, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Do you think he should have been found guilty?
From what I have seen, I do believe that he should have been found guilty of at least one charge, but I can't say that I can be certain that the evidence was all that determined the jurors decisions.
Old 04-24-2021, 10:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
He was found guilty of all three charges, which doesn't even make sense for one act. They charged him with three charges, giving the jury options, but it appears that the jury was so afraid of finding him not guilty of any of the charges, they fund him guilty of all three. He wasn't even charged with assault.
I posted a link that explains this earlier, it’s called a lesser included offence. This is perfectly normal in that state.
Old 04-24-2021, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetwaiter View Post
I posted a link that explains this earlier, it’s called a lesser included offence. This is perfectly normal in that state.
Will the extra convictions even mean anything come sentencing, or will he just serve the sentences concurrently? All that most people care, is that he was found guilty of murder, and the BLM won't be able to use a non guilty verdict as an excuse to riot.
Old 04-24-2021, 10:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Will the extra convictions even mean anything come sentencing, or will he just serve the sentences concurrently? All that most people care, is that he was found guilty of murder, and the BLM won't be able to use a non guilty verdict as an excuse to riot.
They are not “extra” they are included.

If I may also give some advice, while your reflex to deflect when your argument is refuted is understandable that was not a very graceful attempt. Put some effort in.
Old 04-24-2021, 10:46 AM

I'm hoping for a mistrial. The jury was prejudiced by intense media coverage , 27 million dollar settlement on eave of trial and the bimbo from California , Rep. Maxine Waters, who urged protesters to get "more confrontational" if Chauvin was found not guilty.
The world witnessed what BLM can do when they get crazy . No way in a million years would Chauvin be found not guilty.
Old 04-25-2021, 09:34 AM

This situation was totally avoidable. This is a policing issue that's been going on for along time. Most post here mention he was not complying with commands and resisting. I clearly see from the start when the first officer approach the vehicle Floyd was experiencing mental distress. He talk about loss of his mother shortly after the girl in the vehicle spoke of his mental state. The police officers action only escalated the situation from the very start. At no time was Floyd a threat to the public or a call would have been made for another reason. As the police increased their force level to investigate the incident Floyd became more and more agitated. With his pass experiences with police all I see is a man whos mental state of mind and I know the drugs he took wasn't helping the situation pushed him to where even a simple compliance command could not be followed and to add to that to put the man whos claustrophobic in that mind set who told police several times he was in the vehicle is wrong. More resources should have been used at the beginning of the situation as soon as his mental stress level started to deteriorate. Its like pushing you off a cliff are you going to resist of course you are. Looking at a forest and only seeing the trees, there is more going on here then what most people see as police just doing their job as they are trained to do. Other measures could have been taken and should have.
Old 04-25-2021, 09:41 AM

So what should they have done when he refused to follow simple lawful commands. It's not a negotiation, the one officer told him he would roll the window down and pretty much whatever else he wanted. So in your opinion what should those rookie officers have done right at the start. Or what other resources should they have used to ensure his and everyone's safety.
Old 04-25-2021, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Do you have a source for this claim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingrat View Post
So what should they have done when he refused to follow simple lawful commands. It's not a negotiation, the one officer told him he would roll the window down and pretty much whatever else he wanted. So in your opinion what should those rookie officers have done right at the start. Or what other resources should they have used to ensure his and everyone's safety.
Pretty sure the average person would have been comfortable with how Floyd was handled, up until the point that he was already restrained and not breathing. Chauvin chose to not let up, knowing full well that Floyd was no danger to anyone once he stopped breathing.

Last edited by Sporty; 04-25-2021 at 10:00 AM.
Old 04-25-2021, 10:22 AM

I agree with that, I also believe that the crowd played a small part in that, and that his blocked heart, high blood pressure and lethal doses of fentanyl mixed with meth played a large part in his death. Theres alot more to the scenario than just the 9 minute video the whole world watched.
Old 04-25-2021, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingrat View Post
Right from the start mental distress would call for some type of medical assistance either then or shortly there of or after arrest. Floyd was not responding to lawful commands for that reason. Negotiation is not an issue here why would he respond to that when he is being forced to do something one can not comprehend. I don't ever consider them rookie officers but once the man was handcuffed medical assistance should of assisted and the outcome would have change after all Floyd was sitting on the sidewalk begging for help how would force help this situation as there is no safety concern here.
Old 04-25-2021, 02:25 PM

The most disgusting part for me was watching the Flloyd family celebrating and
watching 700 lbs. of jelly , bouncing up and down in joy.

Grizz
Old 04-25-2021, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
The most disgusting part for me was watching the Flloyd family celebrating and
watching 700 lbs. of jelly , bouncing up and down in joy.

Grizz
What would cause a reasonable, intelligent, empathetic and logical person to post this?

Nothing.
Old 04-25-2021, 04:34 PM

Quote:
What would cause a reasonable, intelligent, empathetic and logical person to post this?

Nothing.
Agree! What some people post on here never ceases to amaze me!

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 04-25-2021, 04:46 PM

They recognized him to be high on something and almost immediately after he was on the ground they called for an ambulance for his bloody nose I think. And dont tell me he couldnt comprehend what they wanted him to do. It wasnt his first rodeo and he tried everything he could to get out of it. Floyd had everything but mental health issues.
Old 04-25-2021, 05:26 PM

Go to YouTube and search Chris Rock - how not to get your ass kicked by the police!. This video contains valuable information on how not to have a negative police experience if you are a black person.warning- Does contain some swearing in case you are easily offended.
Old 04-25-2021, 05:52 PM

They need to somewhat treat these arrest like a high speed chase. Try to contain, but if he fights to much let him go with a promise he will turn himself in at a later date. Only thing is with this system they would need more desk cop’s, cause once this caught on bad guys would be showing up in droves to do the right thing.
Old 04-25-2021, 06:34 PM

So is the Floyd family celebrating more about the verdict, or the $27 million?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/george...ment-1.5947716
Old 04-25-2021, 10:13 PM

Quote:
So is the Floyd family celebrating more about the verdict, or the $27 million?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/george...ment-1.5947716
Wait until they start calling it a "reconciliation payment".

That'll be the beginning of the end.