Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-21-2021, 09:55 AM
Banned

Floyd never deserved to die for his crimes, the actions of Chauvin were criminal but not murder.

When the media influences public opinion we see riots and convictions based on emotion only. Such a sad world we are experiencing these days, history where many future generations will suffer the wrong path society has taken.

Jim
Old 04-21-2021, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabbo View Post
He "may" be guilty of manslaughter. I don't think Chauvin should have knelt on Floyd as long as he did. Maybe he should have let the person claiming to be an EMT look at Floyd. Other side of that, what if said person was not an EMT and caused further damage? Not sure if you have, but I encourage you to view the video I posted. The police made two calls for an ambulance. The first a precaution, the second an emergency. Take a look.

In the final analysis, had Floyd complied with their request to show them his hands, gotten in the back of the police car so they could have him contained and sort out what was really happening or if he hadn't been passing "supposedly" counterfeit cash, he would no doubt be alive today and we wouldn't be having this discussion.
Floyd was no saint. Regardless of what he did leading up to being cuffed behind his back and on his face and surrounded by cops...Chauvin made the deadly error of keeping him pinned with his knee on his neck.

I posted the pic earlier.

Regardless of what level of bad guy he is...once in custody you can’t summarily do actions that result in his death.

Yes. If Floyd wasn’t a criminal he wouldn’t of been in this situation.

Yes if he complied peacefully he likely wouldn’t of been in this situation.

Yes...if Chauvin did his job properly, Floyd would be alive today.

Two wrongs don’t make a right. Floyd was in the wrong leading up to his arrest. Chauvin was in the wrong as to how he carried out this arrest.

Chauvin being found guilty by a jury with all the evidence and details and testimony... was the correct due process.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 04-21-2021, 09:56 AM

AFAIK, a police officer is not judge, jury and executioner. That is up to the justice system above him/her. The police force is not the military. A badge is not a license to kill. Can't handle those conditions? Join the military.
Old 04-21-2021, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Quick question here,

If he wasn’t a criminal would he be breathing fresh air today?

You listed off the criminal activity he was doing that day, you didn’t list off the criminal activity he has been convicted of, and certainly not the criminal activity he has partaken in and not been caught.

A society that condones or excuses such behavior rather than hand out punishment for it is lawless, anarchy, the Wild West. What about the hundreds of thousands of criminals who die at the hands of other criminals every year? Why are the good people of the world not filling the streets, smashing windows and burning down buildings to protest that?
If you can't discern the difference b/w cops killing criminals and criminals killing criminals you should really think harder.

Hint: Cops arent supposed to be criminals who kill people.
Old 04-21-2021, 10:05 AM
Banned

Interesting way to make a point. If we cant play by my rules I'm going to ignore you. Good Idea. With your head in the sand you can't get covidated either. I'd ignore you but there are one or two guys on here that are funny. You are both of them Kurt.

Free
Old 04-21-2021, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDK71 View Post
that tells a lot thanks for sharing the video
Having watched the video and assuming that no editing of the footage has occurred.

1. In my opinion, the police in general seemed to have conducted themselves well. They seemed patient, compassionate, and did not use what appeared to be excessive force up until he was on the ground. Once on the ground, the knee technique becomes the contentious act.

2. The bystanders shouting at the police should be charged as accessories to manslaughter. Their pestering of the police contributed to an already chaotic situation and forced the police to lose focus on Floyd.

3. I can see involuntary manslaughter however only in the case of Chauvin. It would be of interest to know what the police were taught re the use of the knee to the neck. Was it taught to them by their force? How was it taught ie with respect to duration of use and potential lethality etc.

4. If his blood showed fentanyl at the indicated level then I am not sure how a conviction for point 3 was even possible.

The main issue that this video seems to show is the difficulty in handling a non-compliant and agitated citizen who is unwilling or unable to comply with simple instructions. It is a difficult reality that police must face every day.

Just my 2 cents of course.
Old 04-21-2021, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Floyd was no saint. Regardless of what he did leading up to being cuffed behind his back and on his face and surrounded by cops...Chauvin made the deadly error of keeping him pinned with his knee on his neck.

Regardless of what level of bad guy he is...once in custody you can’t summarily do actions that result in his death.

Two wrongs don’t make a right. Floyd was in the wrong leading up to his arrest. Chauvin was in the wrong as to how he carried out this arrest.

Chauvin being found guilty by a jury with all the evidence and details and testimony... was the correct due process.
I can agree with this except for the last sentence. How did a jury find him guilty of 3 murders/manslaughter for one man's death? This shows that the process isn't perfect either. That is not an excuse for Chauvin either, just the fact that the system doesn't work properly. Was Floyd ever found guilty of any of his charges 3 times?
Old 04-21-2021, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom55 View Post
Interesting way to make a point. If we cant play by my rules I'm going to ignore you. Good Idea. With your head in the sand you can't get covidated either. I'd ignore you but there are one or two guys on here that are funny. You are both of them Kurt.

Free
I don't see that at all. I think he is sick of the self-righteous barking at him. HE obviously doesn't agree with you, nor you with him. He has decided to just ignore certain individuals so as to avoid stress, fights, and banning. How does it go, "the bigger man will walk away"? Then you come in and taunt him over it. Pretty low.
Old 04-21-2021, 10:18 AM

Quote:
I set up an ignore list, so far I have 4 members in my group and the stress levels have already begun to drop

None of the ones on my list will effect the hunting, guns and ammo of fishing sections of the forum however
Yeah, in the last year my ignore list went from 3, to 26. And it makes the forum so much more pleasant. Unless somebody quotes something stupid they say, and you read it and react. You will still see their posts if it is quoted, just not the original.

Of course, you may not see this info if I'm on your list...

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 04-21-2021, 10:18 AM

I think a handful of you are going to have your heads explode if he does get a mistrial.
Then those of you claiming justice is served will be saying that the same justice system which convicted him is racist.
Cue the riots!
Old 04-21-2021, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Yeah, in the last year my ignore list went from 3, to 26. And it makes the forum so much more pleasant. Unless somebody quotes something stupid they say, and you read it and react. You will still see their posts if it is quoted, just not the original.

It doesn't help if you're not logged in either, unfortunately.
Just have to look at the avatar and scroll faster I guess.
Old 04-21-2021, 10:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post

You’re good..... for now

26 huh, wow. I imagine once I realize the full benefits of it it will start to grow as well. Makes me wonder how many lists I’ve made so far, lol.
Old 04-21-2021, 10:28 AM

Quote:
There is other video from before the time Mr. Floyd was on the ground. Most people have not, or do not want to see it. It comes from police body cams and security cams in the area...
Quote:
Try this link.

George Floyd - Police body cameras & Forensic analysis.

>>
>> https://player.vimeo.com/video/458341529
>>
>>
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMichaud View Post
Having watched the video and assuming that no editing of the footage has occurred.

Just my 2 cents of course.
Yup and yup.

Manslaughter? Sure, I can see that.
But the other 2 convictions were shocking.
I think it's very likely that he's going to get a mistrial anyway, so kind of irrelevant.
Old 04-21-2021, 10:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMOA View Post
I don't see that at all. I think he is sick of the self-righteous barking at him. HE obviously doesn't agree with you, nor you with him. He has decided to just ignore certain individuals so as to avoid stress, fights, and banning. How does it go, "the bigger man will walk away"? Then you come in and taunt him over it. Pretty low.
Thanks. I’ve got a target on my back as it is. I can’t say how I feel without getting banned and dealing with people like freedom is something I’d rather do in person rather than over the internet. It’s too easy to be ignorant over the internet imo. I conduct myself the same in person as I do on the internet and I don’t have anywhere near the same amount or level of conflict in person.

I wouldn’t have anyone on my ignore list if there was no moderation.
Old 04-21-2021, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom55 View Post

Free
Problem with the ignore function is that people who are ignored can still respond to posts so it justs turns into a one sided discussion.
Old 04-21-2021, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Thanks. I’ve got a target on my back as it is. I can’t say how I feel without getting banned and dealing with people like freedom is something I’d rather do in person rather than over the internet. It’s too easy to be ignorant over the internet imo. I conduct myself the same in person as I do on the internet and I don’t have anywhere near the same amount or level of conflict in person.

I wouldn’t have anyone on my ignore list if there was no moderation.
i would not let these guys get to ya i have not meet you in person but i can tell you are a stand up guy
Old 04-21-2021, 11:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMOA View Post
I can agree with this except for the last sentence. How did a jury find him guilty of 3 murders/manslaughter for one man's death? This shows that the process isn't perfect either. That is not an excuse for Chauvin either, just the fact that the system doesn't work properly. Was Floyd ever found guilty of any of his charges 3 times?
https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/cite/631.14

Read the last line.
Old 04-21-2021, 11:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
i would not let these guys get to ya i have not meet you in person but i can tell you are a stand up guy
I’ve made the decision not for my benefit but for the benefit of the forum. There is a group of members I have accumulated who can’t wait to jump on my posts and instigate a negative response from me. Notice how fast the thread died down once it was discovered they can’t instigate a response from me? Seriously, after this long if I can’t find common ground with someone by now I never will, no sense in engaging in constant arguments.

Anyway, moving forward I think my decision will make this a happier place for everyone.
Old 04-21-2021, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigarguy View Post
AFAIK, a police officer is not judge, jury and executioner. That is up to the justice system above him/her. The police force is not the military. A badge is not a license to kill. Can't handle those conditions? Join the military.
You haven't been to many 3rd,world countries.....
Old 04-21-2021, 12:04 PM

Quote:
I’ve made the decision not for my benefit but for the benefit of the forum. There is a group of members I have accumulated who can’t wait to jump on my posts and instigate a negative response from me. Notice how fast the thread died down once it was discovered they can’t instigate a response from me? Seriously, after this long if I can’t find common ground with someone by now I never will, no sense in engaging in constant arguments.

Anyway, moving forward I think my decision will make this a happier place for everyone.
Kurt505 the martyr.

How generous of him.
Old 04-21-2021, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan.M.Anderson View Post
Kurt505 the martyr.

How generous of him.
easy there guy give it a break
Old 04-21-2021, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Or?

He listed people as "yellow and red" my extended family fit into these categories and do not appreciate being called racist terms.

He doesn't get to act like he is innocent while using language that hasnt been acceptable in a long time.
Old 04-21-2021, 12:17 PM

[QUOTE=Ryan.M.Anderson;4363969]Or?

He listed people as "yellow and red" my extended family fit into these categories and do not appreciate being called racist terms.

He doesn't get to act like he is innocent while using language that hasnt been acceptable in a long time.[/QUOTE the bigger man has walked away maybe you should move on as well
Old 04-21-2021, 12:18 PM

[

Quote:
Or?

He doesn't get to act like he is innocent while using language that hasnt been acceptable in a long time.
I don’t think highly of Kurt at all but you are taking that out of context an just trying for a fight. Give it a rest.
Old 04-21-2021, 12:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Hahaha, I can see that post. If ryan would like I’ll gladly exchange numbers and address so we can keep in touch outside the forum. Or he can continue with the cheap shots from the safety of his keyboard, from reading his posts I can only assume that more his way of going about things.
Old 04-21-2021, 12:21 PM

AO needs a dedicated safe space, where people can go when they get triggered by micro aggressions. The perpetual grievance of victims must be fostered in a safe environment, where no dissenting opinion can be allowed. This is the very basis of tolerance and inclusion.

Diversity is our strength.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 04-21-2021, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mb-MBR View Post
Or if Chauvin took the initiative to not kneel on Floyd's neck for over 9 minutes, we wouldn't be having this conversation. I believe he was handcuffed at the time as well. Passing off a 20.00 bill does not deserve a death sentence, neither does being high and neither does resisting arrest when you have multiple officers at the scene. Justice was delivered and the police system needs to rid themselves of individuals like Chauvin, the sooner the better, that blue wall must come down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post

Have you both viewed the video? I'm not saying passing a fake $20 bill should get you killed. Nor being high. Not even resisting. In a situation like this, when the police ask to see your hands and you do not comply, they get excited. In the good ole U.S.A., lots of people have guns. If you don't show the police your hands they expect a gun and respond accordingly. Lots of officers are killed in exactly this way. Believe it or not, that very thing happened to an officer on Memorial Drive right here in Calgary a few years back. That immediately escalates the situation. Now throw in the fact he is a pretty big guy, admitted being on some pretty good drugs and wouldn't get into the back of the cruiser and the whole thing gets messy. Should Floyd have died? No, I don't think so, but I also don't believe for a moment it was murder. Also, as I have said before, Chauvin has been facing a lynch mob from the moment he was charged. There are no winners here. Everyone involved looses.

Sundance I know you posted the pic. Unfortunately the general public is basing their thoughts on that and a short video showing Floyd being knelt on and screaming he couldn't breath. Take a few minutes and view the video, it gives a much broader picture what happened. It may be photo shopped or altered but it comes from a few different cameras and I personally think it would be very tough to fake any of the footage.

Once again....JMHO.
Old 04-21-2021, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Hahaha, I can see that post. If ryan would like I’ll gladly exchange numbers and address so we can keep in touch outside the forum. Or he can continue with the cheap shots from the safety of his keyboard, from reading his posts I can only assume that more his way of going about things.
What you going tp drive down and do what?

You can PM me your number if you really care but I assume I am blocked?
Old 04-21-2021, 12:38 PM

I guess the short story is the situation has gone from a perp stating "I can't breathe" to an ex cop soon to be stating "I can barely walk."
Old 04-21-2021, 12:40 PM

Quote:
What you going tp drive down and do what?

You can PM me your number if you really care but I assume I am blocked?
You really do remind me of someone who was banned not too long ago...I just can't remember his handle.

He trolled, I mean rolled, the same way you do.