Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-20-2021, 03:13 PM
Banned

Default Chauvin guilty on all three counts

Bail revoked and remanded into custody while awaiting sentencing.

Will there be celebration riots?
Old 04-20-2021, 03:35 PM

No surprise in the verdicts - in my opinion he was "convicted" before the trial began.

Not sure if there will be "celebration riots" (lets hope not), but no doubt there will be if Chauvin does not gets the sentence everyone hopes for.

Mr Conservation
Old 04-20-2021, 03:39 PM

It's going to be interesting to watch how it plays out.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life,there would be a shortage of fishing poles.Doug larson. Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. Steven Wright.
Old 04-20-2021, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish along View Post
It's going to be interesting to watch how it plays out.
At some point cops are going to decide the job just isn't worth it.

Grizz
Old 04-20-2021, 03:42 PM

I thought he would of been aquitted of 2 of 3. Very surprising.
Old 04-20-2021, 04:00 PM

This is the only option. If the guy gets off free of murder then the country would be in deeper shambles then it already is.

YouTube:@huyfishin Fishing Videos!

Respect wildlife
Old 04-20-2021, 04:09 PM
Banned

It will be chaos every time there is an arrest of a black man. This trial just fortified rioters.
Old 04-20-2021, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
At some point cops are going to decide the job just isn't worth it.

Grizz
Unfortunately I agree. Or they'll just mail it in, and wait for a LEO's who is (insert race here) police those who are (insert race here). So much for desegregation.
Old 04-20-2021, 04:27 PM

Pretty much the only option.
If he was found not guilty, the rioting would be 10 fold.
Guilty verdict probably saved lives.
Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.
Old 04-20-2021, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joliver97 View Post
I thought he would of been aquitted of 2 of 3. Very surprising.
I watched most of the trial and I thought at the most he would get manslaughter. I also think he didnt stand a chance to a fair trial and I'm sure there will be some "happy" looting tonight.
Old 04-20-2021, 04:54 PM

Lynch mob! They have done to this cop what they have been fighting against for 2 or 3 hundred years! I don't believe for an instant he intended floyd to die. Drugs were the real reason. Chauvin may have exacerbated that, but he did not murder the man. Manslaughter at worst. Sad day for justice in America!
Old 04-20-2021, 05:21 PM

I personally know 3 police officers in the US who will be handing in their resignations tomorrow, effective immediately. From what they're telling me, they aren't the only ones. This verdict will only hurt those who need police the most, minority communities. Police simply won't go into those neighborhoods any longer.
Old 04-20-2021, 05:24 PM
Banned

A huge step backwards for the justice system.
Old 04-20-2021, 07:09 PM

I heard he had something like 98% oxygenated blood. How do they figured he killed him?
Old 04-20-2021, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
I heard he had something like 98% oxygenated blood. How do they figured he killed him?
With systemic racism.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 04-20-2021, 07:56 PM

He was guilty. All the information pointed to it. Other cops are shaking their heads in disbelief on Chauvin’s behaviour.

Why sit on a guys neck for that long, while he is cuffed and prone on the ground surrounded by cops.

I would find it hard to see anyone who listened to testimony and read the court proceedings to have said he was not guilty.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 04-20-2021, 08:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
He was guilty. All the information pointed to it. Other cops are shaking their heads in disbelief on Chauvin’s behaviour.

Why sit on a guys neck for that long, while he is cuffed and prone on the ground surrounded by cops.

I would find it hard to see anyone who listened to testimony and read the court proceedings to have said he was not guilty.
Old 04-20-2021, 08:23 PM

Violent criminal.
Cop was hung before the trial started. I hope all the people that voted for , or want defunding of the police , register their phone numbers with 911 . When they are terrorized by a creep like George Floyd and call for help they get a recorded message that would say " Not today pal , your on your own , were low on fuel and manpower."
Old 04-20-2021, 08:41 PM
Banned

I 100% agree with you guys saying he was found guilty before the trial. Anything else other than guilty on all counts would have resulted in absolute pandemonium pretty much across the entire United States and the dirty parts of Canada. Political correctness takes precedence over justice these days and with justin and joe in charge it’s only going to get worse in North America imo.
Old 04-20-2021, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
I 100% agree with you guys saying he was found guilty before the trial. Anything else other than guilty on all counts would have resulted in absolute pandemonium pretty much across the entire United States and the dirty parts of Canada. Political correctness takes precedence over justice these days and with justin and joe in charge it’s only going to get worse in North America imo.
X2
North America is going down hill so fast, its just insane.
Old 04-20-2021, 08:57 PM
Banned

Chauvin was found guilty...but he was individually found responsible for Floyd's death and should be held accountable...but he is not the whole police institution and and all police should not be painted with the same brush.
That's the big problem I have with this whole case.
But as Fox states (and no one accuses them of being left leaning)...most U.S. cops feel Chauvin was guilty https://www.fox23.com/news/local/cha...FR4AFJQ3P6R3U/
But of course on AO he was innocent as a lamb.
Old 04-20-2021, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Found guilty before the trial by whom? The jury who was selected with the approval of his own defense team? What does this statement even mean?

Last edited by teberle; 04-20-2021 at 09:09 PM.
Old 04-20-2021, 09:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
Chauvin was found guilty...but he was individually found responsible for Floyd's death and should be held accountable...but he is not the whole police institution and and all police should not be painted with the same brush.
But as Fox states (and no one accuses them of being left leaning)...most U.S. cops feel Chauvin was guilty https://www.fox23.com/news/local/cha...FR4AFJQ3P6R3U/
Two of the witnesses who testified against him where an EMT and a 911 dispatcher. Both professions are notoriously anti cop.
Old 04-20-2021, 09:04 PM

I don't get how your guilty on 2nd, 3rd degree murder and manslaughter for 1 death... Usually there is some distinction between 2nd and 3rd degree, not to mention manslaughter. I would suspect an appeal will be filed asap and he will get a mistrial. There is NO way he could have had an impartial trial in Minneapolis. Saw an article where only 1 of the jurors said they hadn't seen the bystander video before jury selection. Impossible to see a video like that and keep an impartial opinion. I can't believe the Judge didn't sequester the jury so I have no doubt they were watching the news via tv, radio, paper, internet etc... Maxine Waters comments did not help the situation and were grossly improper! Even the Judge said elected officials should respect the Judiciary and keep their noses out.

As for justice? Well those on the street got what they wanted, justice. It might have been vigilante, it might have been judiciary... only time will tell.
Old 04-20-2021, 09:05 PM

Also which are "the dirty parts of Canada?" Does that mean what it sounds like it means?
Old 04-20-2021, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Bingo
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 04-20-2021, 09:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by teberle View Post
Found guilty before the trial by whom? The jury who was selected with the approval of his own defense team? What does this statement even mean?
If this is something I need to explain to you then I’m afraid I won’t have the patience to engage in a conversation with you.
Old 04-20-2021, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
He was guilty. All the information pointed to it. Other cops are shaking their heads in disbelief on
Chauvin’s behaviour.

I would find it hard to see anyone who listened to testimony and read the court proceedings to have
said he was not guilty.
Got to admit, the above is where I am at..video @2:43, the way Chauvin looks at the camera never sat well
with me since first viewing... @4:28, Floyd is out ! Floyd was already handcuffed. Also, those cops could of easily
hog tied him instead of displaying that darkness of the knee/neck thing for the 9mins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGCFHQ4yfdg
Old 04-20-2021, 09:20 PM
Banned

He was found guilty because he is guilty. Even his own Police people didn’t hesitate to throw him under the bus. It’s pretty hard to defend putting all of your weight on a man’s neck for nine minutes and blame his death on something else. It’s a no brainer! How the hell anyone can justify what he did is beyond me.
Old 04-20-2021, 09:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Lol!!!