Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-02-2024, 01:55 PM

Default Canada Agricultural Solutions - Need AO's Votes

Mods move or delete if this is inappropriate..

Via Canada Agricultural Solutions...

Hoping to drum up some votes for my child's school and my other kids future school so the school can win some funding to expand their grades from pre,k-6 all the way to grade 12 and to expand their agriculture and livestock at school.

https://agro.basf.ca/growinghome/voting.html

Please vote for in Alberta the New Humble School Association. You can vote for other orgs in other provinces too right now.

"At New Humble Community School Association, we believe not all classrooms have four walls, and not all students learn in the same ways. Proudly located in rural Leduc County, NHCSA offers a unique learning experience using agriculture, environment and stewardship as an instrument for experiential hands-on learning. NHCSA works diligently to tie agricultural literacy into their charter goals to help develop skills and strengthen interest in the agriculture sector. We are committed to fostering the growth of each individual student, and we recognize and celebrate the importance of agricultural literacy and getting kids outside to learn and grow and get their hands dirty. NHCS currently offers ECS through grade six and winning the BASF grant would help NHCSA expand the grades offered, and enhance experiential, hands-on programming for current and future students."

This is a charter school (awesome) that aligns itself with a more traditional teaching curriculum (AKA conservative). My kid's pre-school teacher also teaches hunters education, fishers education and archery. The first open house we went to in their outdoor learning space they had written on the board the definition of the word constitution. I've seen zero pride flags at this school. Currently they have cattle, sheep w/lambs, chickens and new chicks, and goats in the barn yard as well a a garden/greenhouse area.

https://agro.basf.ca/growinghome/voting.html

Thank you
Old 04-02-2024, 09:31 PM

Voted !!
Old 04-02-2024, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinisgood View Post
Voted !!
Thanks!
Old 04-11-2024, 08:44 AM

Bump, could use some more votes as voting ends april 15th!