Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-24-2021, 02:40 PM

Default Stop Druh Ferrell destroying a families life

About the Calgary bureaucracy problems
https://calgaryherald.com/news/local...s-of-city-hall

Sign the petition
https://www.jeromy.ca/dairyqueenrebu...n?recruiter_id
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 04-24-2021, 02:45 PM

I read about this lately. The utter gall of that bag! A family loses their business and she’s preventing them rebuilding it? Ridiculous.
Old 04-24-2021, 03:27 PM

If I comment about Druh then I will probably get the lifetime timeout........................................... ........

Dodger.
Old 04-24-2021, 03:36 PM

Druh is a perfect example of what is wrong with Calgary City Hall.
Old 04-24-2021, 03:44 PM

she has said that she won't be running in this fall election. Good, maybe we'll get back some of the streets,in our city
Old 04-24-2021, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallieho View Post
she has said that she won't be running in this fall election. Good, maybe we'll get back some of the streets,in our city
You weren't a big fan of the "Bow Flow" lol?
Old 04-24-2021, 04:02 PM

Calgary elected her, this is what happens when you elect idiots.
Old 04-24-2021, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Elected and re-elected 6 times yet.
Old 04-24-2021, 04:16 PM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Calgary didn’t elect her... Her riding within Calgary elected her. The rest of us would not care if she fell off the face of the earth!
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 04-24-2021, 04:38 PM

Treeguy is big fan of hers
Old 04-24-2021, 04:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
Calgary didn’t elect her... Her riding within Calgary elected her. The rest of us would not care if she fell off the face of the earth!
Yup totally useless. She was in my ward for most of her re-elections. The problem was she was so despised she would have many people running against her, which would split the anti-Druh vote.

Check the record, on many elections more people in the ward voted against her than for her. Split votes often yield bad results. She's a shining example of that.
Old 04-24-2021, 05:07 PM

It's a great thing that Duh won't be running again.
Old 04-24-2021, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott N View Post
Elected and re-elected 6 times yet.
Wait till Magliocca gets elected again
Old 04-24-2021, 07:21 PM

When I first heard that Farrell was not running for re-election I had a joyous shout out loud, that woman has wasted too much of our money as it is with her flights of fancy and nonsense.

The rebuild with revision should be granted, the city itself called the changes 'modest', the thing with such a bureaucracy is that every employee wants to justify their existence by having to sign off on every last subatomic detail, as though they only hire administrative staff with ASD who must compulsively follow the checklist, and even re-write the checklists because they're too short. The city has a spending problem and are always looking for ways to collect more taxes, this is a negative to someone who wants a modest change rather than wholesale re-imagining of a property to high-density use. High density means more taxes, so they'll actively sabotage the modest developer until they become too frustrated and are forced to sell to a developer who aligns with city admin's preferences. They're not public servants, they consider themselves overlords. Some of them, such as Druh, have massively overdeveloped senses of their own importance.

It drives me nuts the city arbitrarily determining what the neighborhoods should be like, this is how the neighborhood has been for over 50 years. That very DQ was my childhood DQ from growing up 10 blocks away, and that was over 40 years ago.
Old 04-24-2021, 07:51 PM

As she's not running again, I think she's just dropped all pretence, filters and what little sanity she had....

Here's Duh talking about lawful protests, pushing for more police enforcement, and labeling 'tiki torches' as 'symbols of hate' :

Councillor Druh Farrell says she's heard from many people who live and visit the area who are intimidated by the large gatherings.

"A lot of people in the area are afraid to leave their homes when this is happening," she said.

"Because as (protestors) arrive and disperse, they're ready for a scrap and they have tiki torches and other symbols of hate."

She wants to see the provincial government support local police in order to enforce the ongoing protests.

"It's getting more and more aggressive, these groups are feeling empowered because we've been unable to respond," she said.
Old 04-24-2021, 08:11 PM
Banned

Default Drug Farrell

Don’t be surprised if she were to run for the Dipptards in the next provincial election
Old 04-24-2021, 09:00 PM

Not surprise. As much as we whine and complain about Ottawa (rightly so), it's just as bad if not worse on the municipal side. They just love getting in the way and making life difficult for everyone. No one likes to talk about this.
Old 04-24-2021, 11:23 PM

Doff your cap, drop your eyes, tug your forelock - and mind your betters! They know what's best for you!
Old 04-25-2021, 04:43 AM

She looks like a Trotskyite Karen that has a lot of cats.
Old 04-25-2021, 06:37 AM

Definitely a horrible thing to do to a family that went through their loss. I believe she was the main proponent of the Peace Bridge...you know the one that looks like a moose intestine.

A friend of mine that was so unfortunate to live in her riding called her "Druh the Shrew".
Old 04-25-2021, 08:10 AM

Well duuuuuuh! No big surprise here. Never so happy to hear she and the pompous purple pr... won't be running in the next election. Definitely going to be a new face on city council next fall. Can only hope the attitude changes as well. Careful who you vote for in ward 7. I hear one of the contenders is duuuuh's old campaign manager!

Hope the folks get to rebuild their business.
Old 04-25-2021, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabbo View Post
Well duuuuuuh! No big surprise here. Never so happy to hear she and the pompous purple pr... won't be running in the next election. Definitely going to be a new face on city council next fall. Can only hope the attitude changes as well. Careful who you vote for in ward 7. I hear one of the contenders is duuuuh's old campaign manager!

Hope the folks get to rebuild their business.
Yup, she tries to get a posting with the dippers, spendshi tries with the lieberals. About time. The swamp is slowly draining.
Old 04-25-2021, 12:54 PM

Farrel is a perfect example of why we need term limits on City Council
Old 04-25-2021, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Blake View Post
Definitely a horrible thing to do to a family that went through their loss. I believe she was the main proponent of the Peace Bridge...you know the one that looks like a moose intestine.

A friend of mine that was so unfortunate to live in her riding called her "Druh the Shrew".
Yep, she was part of the crew at city hall that pushed that expensive monument to themselves on us. They granted the design contract untendered to a famous foreign architect (Santiago Calatrava of Spain (this is where lefty’s swoon!)) , and it cost way more than it should have. Even though I loathe the waste and politics associated with it, I’ll admit it’s a nice looking bridge, though it’s a monument to wasteful municipal politicians and their compulsion to seem cool with the art gallery set that many of of them like to rub elbows with. If they want to seem cool to the art gallery and symphony set they should do so by spending their own money, not taxpayer dollars. Farrel is the epitome of the snotty, art gallery lurking elitist, the elitism is why she’s somcomfortable stuffing her opinion down everyone’s throats.
Old 04-25-2021, 03:36 PM

Monty & Sheila Gordon absolute honest salt-of-the-earth fine business people.
They hire local, have many, many long term employees, says a lot!
Old 04-28-2021, 01:44 PM

https://calgaryherald.com/opinion/co...dq-development

Also saw the petition is almost at 3000
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin