Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-27-2021, 11:01 AM

Nice picks Jim, you two stay safe and healthy Bud!
Old 04-27-2021, 11:06 AM

Great pics Keg, and a great variety of subjects!
Old 04-27-2021, 11:45 AM

So glad you decided to start a part 2 of a photography Keg !
Old 04-27-2021, 11:48 AM

Thanks for sharing the nature pics...... wish my back yard looked like that!!!
There is more negative attitudes out and about and I never bite the hook on those . Not worth it!!!!
Cheers!!!
Old 04-27-2021, 12:38 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip View Post
Hey Keg...I also took up photography, but a few years back when I was trying to cope with cancer, h1n1,pneumonia all at same time..the camera was helping me stay outa my own head so to speak...I’ll make this story short...dang,your pictures are really pretty good...now if I can only remember where I put my darn camera...
All the best to you both, and ya, if nothing else please post a few pictures now and again..they are certainly worth sharing..I know I would be!
Your a good man Keg,when I first signed onto AO I think besides Kenovette you just may have been the second person that I came to know ever so slightly even...Thanks Keg
Zip
I remember. It was a great trip.

In all honesty I have not met an AO member I did not like and I've met quiet a few. You were one of the first.

Photography is something almost anyone can do. I have a quadriplegic friend who does photography from his wheelchair.
For him it has been the way out of a very deep depression.

Even wildlife photography can be done by mobility impaired individuals.

Both myself and my photography partner from Calgary are mobility impaired and we get a lot of enjoyment out of our wildlife/bird-watching photography.

Another great thing about photography is there are so many genres in that field. And any can be combined.

There is wedding photography, portrait photography, wildlife photography, bird photography flower photography macro (very close up) photography, architecture photography, erotic photography and many more.

You can choose one or several, you can mix and match, you can be as creative as you wish.

And it can all be done with a minimal investment. Mu shooting partner works with a $350.00 camera and a note pad. I have over $4,000.00 invested in my equipment and paid professionals can easily have $20,000.00 or more into their equipment.

There is a genre a camera and a place for everyone who wants to get into it.

With the digital equipment available now it within any persons budget range and experience level.
Even a beginner can produce hundreds of postable shots first time out.

The norm is more like a few postable shots the first time out but still, an easy hobby to get into.

Most modern cameras will do everything but point themselves or give you as much control as you are comfortable with.

You can learn as you go, take a class or find a mentor, it's all possible with these modern cameras.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 04-27-2021, 12:46 PM

Keg, your pictures and stories are amongst the best on this site imho. I love your stories from your youth and your days on the trapline. Your pictures speak for themselves. You have an incredible skill with a camera.

The site is what it is, and sometimes it's difficult to work with.

I try not to argue with anyone opinion. Those that pound theres as gospel, aren't worth discussing with, if you can't accept what others believe or agree to disagree and move on, they're not worth my time.

Keep taking those pictures and sharing your story with us.

BW
Old 04-27-2021, 01:31 PM

THOSE ARE ALL PHOTOSHOPPED. I know because I got a b+ in grade one art class. (third time around)

I have never met you but have read a number of your posts. You were always able to argue ideas without attacking people. This forum needs people like you to show leadership and provide an example of how to behave in a friendly forum. Maybe we will see less offensive and stupid posts like the first line in this one.
Enjoy your new interests but please don’t forget us.
(Great pictures)
Old 04-27-2021, 02:06 PM

Great pics Keg ..... keep them coming.

This is a far better pursuit compared to all of us getting under each others skin about things that don't really matter at the end of the day.

Enjoy the fresh air, and keep on snapping pics ...
Old 04-27-2021, 02:19 PM

I can't be everywhere to see everything, I would like to say thanks to you for posting pics I could never have seen in person. and a shout out to all who do this for our benefit.
Old 04-27-2021, 02:30 PM

Grat pics Keg - thanks for sharing them.

Always look forward to reading your posts - keep them coming !!

Mr Conservation
Old 04-27-2021, 06:03 PM

Thanks for posting the pics Keg. You certainly have a talent there.