Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-26-2015, 05:23 PM

Default ATV use at the village of Gull lake

So maybe somebody can help me understand this one . I saw a Peace officer stopping a fellow pulling his hoiliday trailer for whatever reason , lights i'm guessing . But then they drive atv's down the village streets ? theres signs up stating no OHV allowed after 10 at night ( or something ) How can they give one guy a ticket but allow atv's on the roads with no fines ? It's all public roads & streets . Just wondering .
Old 07-26-2015, 07:52 PM

Section 3 has your ATV answers.

http://www.summervillageofgulllake.c...law_350-12.pdf

NRA/NFA Supporter and "...gun toting tea party psychotard..." -
Old 07-26-2015, 08:22 PM
Banned

As long as you do so with good judgement and not creating a stunting ticket for yourself, People watch for the odd balls such as quads or off road vehicles because usually on streets the OHV are acting like they just stole it or running from the cops trying not to get caught doing so. And make them selves well known..just like a cop barreling down the street with his cherries on and the siren blazing.

How many times have you drove home after a long hot and hard working day and not seen buddy turning with out a signal light Or suddenly stopping with no warning.. it catches you off guard that's why the cops let you know. Kind of like your buddy poking a hot welding rod in your arm well your hood is down, you don't see it coming is my point.
Old 07-26-2015, 09:48 PM

I saw a couple of cops using a CanAm Commander for a patrol vehicle, parked in the ditch and using radar out by the Dunes golf course today. Was a ghost ATV though, couldn't see a light bar. And cops shouldn't wear shorts if their legs look like that!

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 07-27-2015, 07:08 AM

There's a Gull Lake Parkland Beach bylaw drafted in response to the live band my Mom & Step Dad had at their former cabin up there many years ago