Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 04-03-2010, 12:29 AM

Default Kimber Rifles 25% off at Shooting Edge this weekend

Among the deals at TSE's sale this weekend are their stock of Kimber's at 25% off. Apparently they are getting out of carrying the line there due to Kimber's new distributor arrangement for Canada. Sounds like Kimbers will be much more expensive in the future with the new national rep taking their pound of flesh.I yielded to temptation and bought one, I think some of you should head in and buy the others so that they are not there to tempt me tomorrow and Sunday.
The Leupolds they had in stock were 30% off and some other agressive pricing was to be found ( just on in stock inventory). Minimum discount in the store is 5% off to cover the GST.* Mods: Sorry if the gratuitous plug is out of line. Edit as needed
Old 04-03-2010, 08:15 AM

Kimber Montana 8400 in 338 Win. Regular $1300 and change on for $853.
I was extremely close to getting in a huge argument with the wife but decided not to buy it. If I hadn't just dumped a grand into a new scope and flyrod I'd have done it.
They also have a Browning stainless heavy barrell .223 for 50% off. I'm not sure of the price there but man what a nice looking rig.
Definitely worth a look.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:09 AM

Korth Associates, the Canadian Leupold distributor is the new Canadian rep for Kimber. I don't see the price going up, but I do see more shops carrying the Kimber. Perhaps TSE don't like the thought of competition?
Old 04-03-2010, 09:41 AM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowtown guy View Post
I was extremely close to getting in a huge argument with the wife but decided not to buy it. If I hadn't just dumped a grand into a new scope and flyrod I'd have done it.
They also have a Browning stainless heavy barrell .223 for 50% off. I'm not sure of the price there but man what a nice looking rig.
Definitely worth a look.
Yikes, you missed out on a deal there! I've got that exact rifle and I really like it.

Ya, I'm guessing they aren't impressed with the new competition and it's possible that Kimber won't let them import directly now, cutting their profit margin.
Old 04-03-2010, 11:12 AM

*** They mentioned it was going to be a 30% tag that the rep (whomever that is) was going to be tacking onto the product. Doesn't sound like a great deal for the consumer to me. The rifle I bought was already $300cheaper than what WSS's website is listing the same gun for, and that was before the 25% discount. Admittedly, some of that may have been from where the exchange rate was at when they brought it up. A nice opprotunity for someone in the market for a mountain rifle though, there was a .270WSM Montana in there last time I was through the doors.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
Yikes, you missed out on a deal there! I've got that exact rifle and I really like it.

Ya, I'm guessing they aren't impressed with the new competition and it's possible that Kimber won't let them import directly now, cutting their profit margin.
I know, I know. I gotta be more diligent with my Lottomax retirement fund.

Is that the gun you took to Africa that I seen on the show?
Old 04-03-2010, 05:24 PM

Wish I lived closer, I would go and see what they have and snap one up!!!

Might have to give them a ring to see what they've got...
Old 04-03-2010, 05:55 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
I know, I know. I gotta be more diligent with my Lottomax retirement fund.

Is that the gun you took to Africa that I seen on the show?
Yes, that was the one.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:55 PM
Banned

Any Kimber SVT or there 22LRs for sale?
Old 04-04-2010, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Definitely worth a look.
I don't recall, the $853 8400 338WM Montana. The one there was priced more than the 300WSM Montana I bought. The 338WM that I saw there was $1300 after 25% off. The 300WSM Montana I picked up was priced about what they apparently are available in the States.

BTW, the doorcrasher sale on Saturday was $450 for 308 Browning BLRs. They had 12 and they were gone in about 40 minutes. Some were even takedown models.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noneck180 View Post
Nope. The only .22's I saw were Browning, and I didn't pay attention to whether they were on sale as they aren't what I'm normally paying attention to.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB2506 View Post
I don't recall, the $853 8400 338WM Montana. The one there was priced more than the 300WSM Montana I bought. The 338WM that I saw there was $1300 after 25% off. The 300WSM Montana I picked up was priced about what they apparently are available in the States.

BTW, the doorcrasher sale on Saturday was $450 for 308 Browning BLRs. They had 12 and they were gone in about 40 minutes. Some were even takedown models.
Maybe it was gone by then or something. It was right in fromt of me in the rack. Big red tag and all.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noneck180 View Post
kimber stopped making .22's about a year ago, or longer. Too bad, I like my kimber .22.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Maybe it was gone by then or something.* It was right in fromt of me in the rack.* Big red tag and all.
You weren't hallucinating, I saw it too. Popping back in for a second time on Saturday I noted only one Kimber left ( a blued/wood .84M, I think the .308). The Montanas seemed to have sold, then while I was there a staffer brought out and unpacked another Montana .270 WSM that he found in the vault. While they marked it down 25%, they sure seemed less of a deal than the previous day.....
Old 04-04-2010, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberman View Post
kimber stopped making .22's about a year ago, or longer. Too bad, I like my kimber .22.
Yup it's been a couple years or so now.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:36 AM

Default kimber

I ended up with the blued 84m 308. very sweet little rifle.
Old 04-11-2010, 12:54 PM

It was a toss up for me between that one, one of the Montana's and the Longmaster I wound up with when I was in. Good catch; that rig you got is very lightweight, should make for a more pleasant time packing it around.