Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-10-2021, 04:47 PM

Smile Lockdown curfew in Quebec...

https://i.imgur.com/Z0jiPDG.mp4

Last edited by Bushmaster; 01-10-2021 at 04:52 PM.
Old 01-10-2021, 04:51 PM

Coming to a city near you!

Test in progress

==white noise==
Old 01-10-2021, 04:51 PM

Why a curfew?
Old 01-10-2021, 04:55 PM

Old 01-10-2021, 05:15 PM

I'm going to be in Montreal Tuesday night. I feel so much safer. Everyone knows the virus is more virulent after 8 pm. Lucky I don't land till 10 pm, so I should be safe.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 01-10-2021, 05:21 PM

Not sure why there's no sound? There's a police siren goes off to make her deploy the bag!
Old 01-10-2021, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen moa View Post
Why a curfew?
The logic defies me as well. We keep tightening the screws and hoping it works, hasn't so far and likely will not. Then what ? We have at least two mutations to deal with now, apparently more contagious, but we are assured our present vaccines will "likely" be effective. If it's like influenza, we'll never get ahead of the curve.

. Most infected people will develop mild to moderate illness and recover without hospitalization.

Grizz
Old 01-10-2021, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
The logic defies me as well. We keep tightening the screws and hoping it works, hasn't so far and likely will not. Then what ? We have at least two mutations to deal with now, apparently more contagious, but we are assured our present vaccines will "likely" be effective. If it's like influenza, we'll never get ahead of the curve.

. Most infected people will develop mild to moderate illness and recover without hospitalization.

Grizz
It will continue as long as society on a whole allows it. As soon as it seems people are fed up the media will release the next " scare" and people will again dive under their beds. Government is loving the control they have found it won't be given back easily.
Old 01-10-2021, 07:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
I'm going to be in Montreal Tuesday night. I feel so much safer. Everyone knows the virus is more virulent after 8 pm. Lucky I don't land till 10 pm, so I should be safe.
Hopefully you stay at the airport until the AM curfew allows you to travel to your hotel..CUZ no way in hell is the AOF going to do a GoFundMe page you get you out
Old 01-10-2021, 07:13 PM
Banned

Lock down in kay-beck?? Who cares?? What happens in Kay-Beck can stay in Kay-Beck...No relevance to us...tired of being their Sugar Daddy
Old 01-10-2021, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBoBandy View Post
Hopefully you stay at the airport until the AM curfew allows you to travel to your hotel..CUZ no way in hell is the AOF going to do a GoFundMe page you get you out
Haha. Night in the airport or the jail....
Old 01-10-2021, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fur View Post
Haha. Night in the airport or the jail....
Take the jail option TC. That way you'll get the vaccine right away.

Haven't you heard? Canada has a responsibility to vaccinate vulnerable inmates.
Old 01-10-2021, 07:52 PM

Maybe we can sneak in after 8 and start dropping pipelines across the entire province while no ones out and about.
Old 01-10-2021, 07:52 PM

I dont understand the curfew logic either! Wouldn't you rather have services available 24hr? Instead of condensing everything down to 8hr period. At the moment I go grocery shopping for my family at 8pm or 8am depending. I wouldn't do well brackets in between 9-5 bs!
Old 01-10-2021, 07:53 PM

Quote:
You should think about taking your dog with you. Rent it out for after curfew walks and pay for the trip.
They are on Kijiji for $50-$100/hour in Montreal.
https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/the-hott...-p-m-1.5257877
Quote:
Selena Ross CTV News Montreal Digital Reporter
Published Thursday, January 7, 2021 4:28PM EST
Last Updated Thursday, January 7, 2021 6:52PM EST
MONTREAL -- Resisted the urge to get a pandemic puppy? Looks like now you're stuck getting a rental.

A new form of bartering in Quebec probably would have appeared sooner or later, but it appeared almost instantly. After provincial authorities announced a new 8 p.m. curfew -- with one exception for walking dogs -- the online ads began to appear.

"Dogs to rent separately for your outings during the curfew. Accessories supplied," wrote one woman posting on the Kijiji buy-and-sell website on Wednesday night.
The listed price? $100 per hour.

The woman's profile said she lived in Saint-Jerome, about 45 minutes north of Montreal.

The curfew, which begins Saturday and will last for a month, is the first of its kind in Canada. It's meant to help Quebec tackle its soaring COVID-19 infection rate, the highest in the country right now.

Under its rules, the only people allowed to be outside after 8 p.m. are those going to or from work with an employer's authorization letter, going on an essential errand to a pharmacy (grocery stores will be closed by 8 p.m.), or people in the midst of a genuine emergency. They'll also need to provide proof, even if that's just a receipt from the pharmacy.

There's one exception, however: people may walk their dogs at night, as long as they stay within one kilometre of home.

The woman in Saint-Jerome wasn't the only one who smelled a golden opportunity.

Quebec deputy minister: You can't go for a smoke or a walk outside after 8pm, unless you have a dog with you. I'm pretty sure people are gonna start borrowing their neighbour's dogs now.
"Following the curfew imposed by the Quebec government, we are offering dogs for rent for walks between 8 pm and 5 am from January 8 to February 8, 2021," wrote a man listed as being in downtown Montreal.

"Hurry and make an appointment, the available slots are disappearing quickly!"

In a postscript, he added "You have to sign a paper committing to pick up the poop."

Those dog walks are a comparative steal at $50 per hour.

The man later responded to a question from CTV, confirming that "it's a joke "

When asked if he really had been getting a lot of responses, he said it had been only "laughs and insults."

But the woman who posted from Saint-Jerome later got in touch with a slightly more complicated story. The ad began as a joke, she said.

"I needed to laugh at the situation and get some levity into my day by conspiring with my niece, because these are pictures of her dogs," she wrote.

"On the other hand, I could certainly fill my availabilities for real, with what I see, since there are actually people interested."

Soon after, however, she said people had reported her ad to Kijiji so she planned to delete it.

Neither ad addressed some pressing logistical questions: whether the dogs would be staying overnight with the renters, or if not, how the walker would manage to drop them back off at the owners' house and then get home without being caught by police on the way home.

In any case, Quebecers will have a whole month to figure things out.
Stay safe out there.

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 01-10-2021, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elk eater View Post
Maybe we can sneak in after 8 and start dropping pipelines across the entire province while no ones out and about.
Old 01-10-2021, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBoBandy View Post
Staying at the Marriot right in the airport. Way ahead of you Randy. Then right to departures in the morning. Although I would have hoped my AO family would have my back a little better. Not going to jail.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 01-10-2021, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Staying at the Marriot right in the airport. Way ahead of you Randy. Then right to departures in the morning. Although I would have hoped my AO family would have my back a little better. Not going to jail.

ATTN MODS: For the safety of all members, please give Mr Canuck a 14 day suspension upon his return.
Old 01-10-2021, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
ATTN MODS: For the safety of all members, please give Mr Canuck a 14 day suspension upon his return.
With that attitude I may not want to come back. Actually I probably won't anyway, but that has more to do with skipping winter.

And I'm probably overdue for a suspension anyway. All the cool kids have one.

Old 01-10-2021, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
No need. If you're worried about a virus infection just use a latex keyboard!
Old 01-10-2021, 09:44 PM

I am startimg to look at property outside of the city I live in. Not willing to live through such silliness.
Old 01-10-2021, 09:45 PM

Quote:
With that attitude I may not want to come back. Actually I probably won't anyway, but that has more to do with skipping winter.
Sound like one of those closet Quebecers...
Old 01-10-2021, 09:46 PM

Quote:

And I'm probably overdue for a suspension anyway. All the cool kids have one.

One? If trips to the sin bin got me airmiles I'd be in Bali.
Old 01-10-2021, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
Sound like one of those closet Quebecers...
Huh? I'm not staying there, just a layover for the night and on to Bolivia for a couple weeks.

Mais je parle francais. Yo también hablo español.

Old 01-10-2021, 11:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Huh? I'm not staying there, just a layover for the night and on to Bolivia for a couple weeks.

Have fun! Don’t catch covid and die.

Last edited by ^v^Tinda wolf^v^; 01-10-2021 at 11:05 PM.
Old 01-10-2021, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^v^Tinda wolf^v^ View Post
Bolivia didn't work out well for Che and that was long before Covid. .

Grizz
Old 01-10-2021, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^v^Tinda wolf^v^ View Post
It can't be any more dangerous then going to Hawaii, so I should be ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Bolivia didn't work out well for Che and that was long before Covid. .

Grizz
I will try not to get involved in any revolutionary endeavors.

Old 01-11-2021, 12:06 AM

Quote:

Montreal is a stunningly fun city, and the women,,,, you start looking for Sheilas after awhile, beau to ful women to the power of a gagillion
Old 01-11-2021, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankbait View Post
Montreal is a stunningly fun city, and the women,,,, you start looking for Sheilas after awhile, beau to ful women to the power of a gagillion
Agree. That was fun back in 1984 when I was a young man, great memories. Now, it sounds like grounds for a very expensive and messy divorce. Social distancing, *ON*!

Old 01-11-2021, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Agree. That was fun back in 1984 when I was a young man, great memories. Now, it sounds like grounds for a very expensive and messy divorce. Social distancing, *ON*!
Condolences