Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 11-18-2017, 02:14 AM

Default Fishing and Filming! planning for next season

I'm getting into part time guiding on the Bow next year, and if that goes well I shouldn't have much spare time to play fish next summer, myself and a couple buddies have recently started a fly fishing youtube channel and we have a couple possible tropical locations to film in this winter (which is super exciting). As soon as the bow gets in good shape to float my main focus will be on fishing it, on my days off i love exploring new water but don't have much time to plan where i'll be heading. Long story short I'm looking for peoples opinion on what kinda areas and species they'd recommend and/or they'd like to see me and my buds capture on film and upload to youtube. Our channel is relatively new but we're investing a fair amount of money in gear to improve our quality and take the videos to the next level. we'd like to target bull trout in preferably moving water for our first video of next season. But please do share and suggest your favourite rivers and lakes (less than 2.5 hours from Calgary) with any fish species you'd find interesting for us to chase on the fly. Also if you don't mind subscribing and sharing any feedback that would help us improve our content that would be great! thanks!
Old 11-22-2017, 07:22 PM

Good looking videos Matt. Nice to see the old guy even got some film time.

Anyone can catch Bull trout, maybe some snazzy filming of stillwater carp in the neighbourhood would be exciting
I think your Dad knows a few spots where some stillwater fish like to eat big sedges. Always cool to sight fish in clear water over a nice background.

Good luck catching some great takes and leaps on the camera.

Cheers, Rob
Old 11-22-2017, 10:37 PM

Thanks Rob. I got some decent carp footage I’m putting together this winter. Looks like it could be my new favourite video...

Tags
bow river, bull trout, fly fishing, youtube