Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 05-30-2007, 10:34 PM
Banned

Default Look at this small one

Hey all, what do you think of this?

Jamie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shotty.jpg (85.6 KB, 149 views)
Old 05-30-2007, 10:42 PM

I think I have more use for the knife than I would for that gun.....
Old 05-30-2007, 11:14 PM
Banned

COme on rack, we could each buy one, spend the day at the trap club, go get our wrists put into casts and go for a beer..
Sounds like a good day to me.

Actually I was thinking for all those guys that like to fish in G bear country, might be nice to have on the hip.

Jamie
Old 05-30-2007, 11:19 PM

Meh......not for me......

I fish and hunt in G-Bear country, and I cant see how carrying one of those would REALLY help ya. I'm of the idea that if you have time to pull out your shotgun and have it ready, you probalby have other options. Too big for a holster....and too clunky to carry around when you're tryin to fish I think...

Would be fun to shoot once or twice, but thats about it for me.....and I'd still take the knife for more uses....heh
Old 05-31-2007, 08:07 AM

Default scabbard

My Plan B shottie isn't that compact but it's still pretty handy in this scabbard. It takes no time to pull out but as was said umpteen times it doesn't replace keeping your eyes and ears open.

Last edited by M70; 07-21-2008 at 07:34 AM.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:19 AM

Default small shotguns

i watched a fellow buy three of those on tuesday he said he needed them for protection he was working up north give me a break if your that scared what do you think the chances of actually hitting a bear or otherwise with a kill shot at 15 feet and closeing you miteaswell use the knife for all the good you would do more likely to wound it and have a very dangerous animal around
Old 05-31-2007, 11:50 AM

Kind of neat considering it's non-restricted, but not for me.

I bet it would hurt!
Old 05-31-2007, 01:51 PM
-NDN-

those 8.5 inch barrels are kickin'. cant wait to get one.

would be great if a big grizzly is on top of you and shove it into his chops as a last resort. This being said that Plan A or B didnt work and its at the ready on a chest holster of some sort

But owning one would be great just for the coolness factor, and in case we are under attack from the Living Dead, more guns the better

Currently building a 12 and 14 inch tactical shottie.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:52 AM
Banned

oops, didn't see this one when i posted...but i posted a link so that people can actually find it...i wouldn't have known it was pre-made for sale that way...i would have just thought somebody built it up and dismissed it...but its a different story now...

yeah...the guy that posted the pick with the gun and knife said that was his combo for when zombies attack...thought that was pretty funny...but yeah, would love to have one...looks like a hoot to shoot and useable for a few things too

found the link to buy one... http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...d.php?t=156995

Last edited by Stinky Coyote; 06-01-2007 at 02:59 PM.
Old 06-01-2007, 10:09 PM

Wow very intresting.
It would be an intresting tool to keep under the cot.
Old 06-02-2007, 04:36 AM
-NDN-

you know, seriously, yes, this short piece of heaven may not be suitable for a bear charging right down at you on the ground, but......... a bowhunter up a treestand with an Angry blackbear climbing up underneath him might just be a happy man to have such short gun with him.
Old 06-02-2007, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Hey all, what do you think of this?

Jamie
I think you better save the last shot for yourself.

Most guys would'nt be able to hit the wall of a barn with that unit, and the muzzle blast well that's another thing.
I guess if your of the inclination to think it's neat then go for it. As a bear defence rig, I prefer what the good Lord gave me between the ears, and 170grs. of problem solver provided from Mr. 336.
But then again your milage may vary.

There are no absolutes
Old 06-03-2007, 09:59 AM

At work I carry a defender (with a pistol grip) in a custom made backpack, just in case I end up having to walk back to the gas plant from the field. After firing it a couple of times (just to check it out) I've learned that I will never have to clean the barrel in this thing. With any luck it will never be shot again. I can't imagine touching one off from that little wrist snapper.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:53 AM
Banned

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...d.php?t=161003

Shooting reports...in this link. Apparently its a handfull if shot from the hip but i get the impression that its much more manageable if you hold it in front of you with a wrist much straighter inline with hand....this is on slugs of course. Sounds like fun!

There was another thread giving some velocities of slugs in the 1100-ish fps range too fyi. Some guy chronied a few different types. And they are guessing the weight of it around 5-5.5 lbs.

Here's the chrony link...apparently there's more to come. Check the second page for the data...

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...d.php?t=158189

Last edited by Stinky Coyote; 06-04-2007 at 10:57 AM.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NDN- View Post
those 8.5 inch barrels are kickin'. cant wait to get one.

would be great if a big grizzly is on top of you and shove it into his chops as a last resort. This being said that Plan A or B didnt work and its at the ready on a chest holster of some sort

But owning one would be great just for the coolness factor, and in case we are under attack from the Living Dead, more guns the better

Currently building a 12 and 14 inch tactical shottie.

Mine will be done before yours are